In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

In Case of War.. Break Glass ;

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
I am always amused by those fearful people that insinuate that somehow I would be the re-incarnate Adolph Hitler if events went to snit and one was forced to carve out a nitch of safety in his own area.

Let me tell you how it would be.
One would gather fighting men ..as many as the area and logistics were capable of. Those men would be responsible for ensuring the security of all human beings in that area, and the property therein.

For the sob sisters among us, that are certain to take exception...any living inside that area that are pacifists and refused to aid my little band would be left strictly alone...unless and until they are proven to be conniving with the enemy. They also would get no help from me or mine....
I owe NOTHING to those seeking a continuation of the reign of the Beast.

Those men would be authorized to use deadly force to repulse invasions of the zombies....simply put.
They would also be called upon time to time for other activities.

NOBODY that advocated subjugation to whatever existed of National authorities would be allowed to be in a position of giving orders.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights would be the order of the day ..and those documents need no Rhodes Scholar to understand them ..nor any Supreme Court

Those in control would be fully competent ..able to understand that the government has not operated under that Constitution for perhaps a 130 years...

Given a situation of life or death struggle ..I personally would shoot any attempting to give orders disarming those men...with the exception of being surrounded, outgunned, outmaneuvered, with the certain understanding that the enemy was fully prepared and had the ability to take the force out to the last man. One would attempt to live and fight again another day....
That is my PERSONAL brutally plain belief and intention ..were I ever subjected to such a situation.

I reckon it is some of you'alls lucky day...that I am entirely too old to have any that would care to `follow' me any more.

Comments

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

For the sob sisters among us, that are certain to take exception...any living inside that area that are pacifists and refused to aid my little band would be left strictly alone...

What a difference 5 days makes.......Whatever else I might be, at least I know my position.

The major thrust would be that of survival. There would not be a place at that time for the `gray' we suffer under today...like it or not.
    For example;
    Anti-gunners would be taken to the edge of the controlled area and allowed to walk freely away ..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I assume that you DO know the difference between 'having a dream'...and dealing with reality ?

I am perfectly aware that the world is populated with cowards, sycophants, fellow travelers, beast-lovers and such.

As long as they stay out of my way ..they are perfectly safe.
    If I could identify them , I would not lift one finger to aid them if they come to harm, either.

I think there will be enough trouble out there without buying into the troubles of those willing to ride the backs of better men then they.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: Originally posted by Highball
    I assume that you DO know the difference between 'having a dream'...and dealing with reality ?

BS

You specifically stated that, in the event of a civil breakdown, "There would not be a place at that time for the `gray' we suffer under today...like it or not"

That doesn't sound like a "dream" to me, just your honest assessment of what you believe will happen.

It didn't become a "dream" until you realized how badly you misspoke

I don't have a problem with someone changing their mind, even on something so fundamental....its part of the process of debate. It does, however, seem disengenous when you change your position while heaping scorn upon those who had that position all along.

quote:
    I am perfectly aware that the world is populated with cowards, sycophants, fellow travelers, beast-lovers and such.

As long as they stay out of my way ..they are perfectly safe.
    If I could identify them , I would not lift one finger to aid them if they come to harm, either.

I think there will be enough trouble out there without buying into the troubles of those willing to ride the backs of better men then they.

And now we find ourselves in agreement [:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Rack, when/if society breaks down, there will be NO grey areas with me.

You will be ONE of three types of people.
    1. Those who stand WITH me and WE work together.
    2. Those who stand against me.
    3. Those who stay CLEAR of me.
    Catagory one and three have nothing to worry about from me.

Two however, better get in catagory three QUICK.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    BFD

I think the same thing when you talk about global warming.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guess that makes us even, major [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guess that makes us even, major [:)]

Col. thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got news for you, Rack;
    Given conditions, I might change my mind a dozen times before its over.
    One adapts to fight in the manner that works. Given your mindset, I doubt you would last long in any unit I was a part of..another area would suit you much better.

Given the nature of what is coming, s bush said, either one is a friend...or one is an enemy.
    The difference being..my friends support the Constitution.
    You may not undestand that most every American Citizen is a Militia member, except for a few designated as being not suitable.
    That means that we as Citizens have a DUTY to defend this country.

Allowing those that refuse to do so to mingle with polite company is condoning that action...and I will not be guilty of that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Col. thank you.

Wow, at this rate you'll be a General by Christmas [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Given your mindset, I doubt you would last long in any unit I was a part of..another area would suit you much better.

Words cannot express how deeply crushed I am.
    Does this mean I won't be getting a Christmas card from you this year?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Col. thank you.

Wow, at this rate you'll be a General by Christmas [:)]

Actually I have attained rank about as high as I will get.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HB,, I saw nothing in your little manifesto that even suggested a constitutional form of government. While you do mention the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, you seem to forget about the Declaration of Independence. Also a very important document. I also strongly doubt the Founders would have approved of your little kingdom. Neglecting ones nieghbors just because they don't agree whole heartedly with you is the makings of a real fine dictator. And at some point you would find reason to squelch any opposition as being a threat to your areas security. Not needing a court system, (save your own I assume), is just one example of your not so constitutional socieity/rule. After, I may be wrong, but I think that it was mentioned the need for three branchs of government one involving a supreme court. And I don't think it meant you.

The one consoleing thought is that the Kingdom of HB would be short lived.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a rather simple suggestion for you, and people like you, 45long;
    Stay out of my AO.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Well guys I see some good points on both sides.
    Again we are all saying about the same thing. HB is right when he says 'leave them alone'. If you had a back ground in SF you can understand the concept. Organize, train, and equip the resources you have the most trust in first. Do not spread yourself to thin. IF/WHEN things stabilize you then can 'reach out' to others and after a vetting process allow them in. The treat of compromise is ever present. You MUST conserve your resource in the beginning and get organized before you 'continue the fight'![;)]
    I think the reference to 'forming a government ' is a little premature at this point in the game guys!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I think the reference to 'forming a government ' is a little premature at this point in the game guys!!!
    Indeed.
    The simplist minded among us need to have their hands held and carefully guided, step-by-step, through the process.

They are UNABLE to understand the most basic concepts.
    Rattling on and on about Supreme Courts, and Congresses, and the rest of the tripe.

We are talking here about the immediate after effects of a general breakdown of society...perhaps an area of a mile, or 10 miles, or even a HUNDRED miles that one was big enough and tough enough to 'control ..at least at the level of rapists, murderers, looters and general garbage that ten percent of the people are.

Somebody made a crack about Mack Bolen...well, let me tell you something;
    "I am not your judge, I am not your jury...I am your executioner."

I come across somebody raping a ten year old girl...I intend summarily executing that person...ON THE SPOT.
    If there is doubt about the criminal actions taken by others ..then a military tribunal' will be held ..complete with whatever evidence can be brought to bear.

By the way ..if evidence can be found that things were covered up in order to either get or NOT get a conviction...those covering up evidence will take their place besides the accused.
    I want the FACTS ..nothing but the facts, thank you kindly. The person accused will by God get the benefit of ALL the facts...not whatever will may him appear guilty or innocent.

Those that don't like that will no doubt find other areas more in line with their weak constitutions.
    Sitting up a Supreme Court, Congress, ect., is above my pay grade.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HB,, God. You are so Scary. *L* "Stay out of my AO" *LOL* It's not surprising that your so familiar with Mack Bolan. I used to read those books too. But then I grew up. And with age I understood that Bolan is fantasy. That he could NEVER exsist in the real world. Unfortunately, you beleive he could exsist. Worse yet, you think you could be him in a certain post revolutionary America. Yeah Wow. Just think HB you could be Mack Bolan. Code Name, Col. Pheonix. You are king in your AO. *L* Your the ultimate authority. YOU ARE THE EXECUTIONER !!!!!. The savior of all things constitutional And God help those who disagree, because THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS.

Oh Man. I could go on and on. This is just to good. *L*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why MUST we keep pushing buttons???[?]
    I, for one, see no good come from putting burrs under the saddles of fellow riders!!!
    It does make for some lively entertainment though! Rodeo time!![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim,,, Yeah I know. I can't help it though sometimes. He is such an easy target of opprotunity. I start ignoring him shortly. In the mean time I think I will go suckle at the beasts teet,,,,,Ooops I meant get a glass of milk. *LOL*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Keep on laughing 45, just keep laughing like a *. Bray all you like.

Now, this reality you speak of, do you think it is today's world, or the fantasy you choose to belive?

Those Bolan characters you jest about, you don't think they exsit eh? Step OUT of this country, and step INTO some third world nation sometime. The strong ALLWAY oppress the weak when liberty and freedom for all is absent, you fool.

You seem to belive because YOU are not in a hardship, that everything in America is just cakes and pies. You eat up whole, the idea we as a country are "business as usual".
    We are NOT. Just as of LATE the fuds announced that we are IN a recession, and HAVE BEEN in one for some time(as IF we didn't know that allready). The fuds CONTINUE to devalue our dollars, printing them by the truckload. The fuds CONTINUE to allow rich fat cats to find loopholes to NOT pay their due share. The fuds CONTINUE to protect themselves and their fellow elitists. They continue to allow HUGE trade deficits, at the expense of everyday citizens. The continue to pass laws the citizens OVERWHELMINGLY oppose. They "law" away our rights. They tax us harder.

All at the EXPENSE of everyday, normal, citizens. WE suffer, suffer till we can NO LONGER bear the burden. We are about there 45. When the "house of cards" comes tumbling down, I belive you will feel quite stupid. The signs are everywhere, we have been warned continuiously.

NOW we have a President elect, ready to unleash something NOBODY was perpared for. Everyone BOUGHT the picture perfect, "idol" contestant. This guy, like all the rest, has LIED right through his teeth, all the while preaching "Change" and "Yes we CAN!". The majority BOUGHT it. Now it is time to pay the piper. You are about to see things, you never would have thought you would see in your lifetime.

Me? I am with Highball. I have listened and researched. I have come to my own conclusions. The "republic" is about to have the life support cord pulled. The time for rebirth or total death is about here. I WILL survive. I will NOT allow my rights and my country to be destroyed.

So.....
    Just keep on laughing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While he is laughing, he is not preparing.

Not prepared = not surviving.

Good enough for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well then freemind,, why don't you and HB load up or shut up. Load up and go get those unconstitutional meanies. Just ignore those unconstitutional laws that you say have no hold on you and just take care of business. Go for it.

Whats that ?? I can't hear you. I wish you and Mack all the best.
    I honestly can not beleive you think Mack Bolan is real. *LOL* That he lives in Where ??? Oh yeah sorry. I'm sure thats a closely guarded secret. God !! Talk about loseing ones grip on reality. *LOL*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ever read any accounts of deep penetrations into hostile territory by some of the Elite forces of the World ?
    Some of those accounts make Bolen seem a wimp...Even if he were real.

No part of the story need be true for me to lift a line out of the paperbacks...or to have had that belief LONG before reading it. The line just says what I believe beautifully simply...elegant, so to speak. I will steal a line if it comes from a Zane Gray novel ..if it suits my purpose.
    Your * braying reveals MUCH about you...and nothing about anybody else.

Once again, 45...you clumsy attempts to coerce, shame, or harass others to go do something stupid merely reveals the appalling depth of your own ignorance...not ours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or even the appalling depth of your fantasy world. You and free get on here and preach about the "beast" and the uncositutional laws and how they don't apply to you. Well fine then go do something about it. But your like the guy who gets in a fight with a bigger guy then tells everyone around him,"Hold me Back. Hold me back. I'll kill him, Hold me Back" But under your breath your saying, "Don't you dare let go of me. Get to the door."

Thats why I laugh. You can't be taken seriously. As for myself, I have never said anything to make people think I am something I'm not. Or willing to do something I wouldn't. When the time comes, I hope I am in a position to effect a defense. I hope I am still young enough to be of help and fight. But NO ONE not even you MB Whoops there I go again, I meant HB, have the slightest clue what you will do when it actually happens. Or even if you will be able to do anything. Your hot air and keyboard couragous. I have talked with friends on this subject. Friends who are Force Recon and SF troops, and they don't know exactly what they would do at that moment. To a man they have said, depends on the situation at the time. And thats all a rational person can say.

Then there is you. *L*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I is irrelevant what I would or will not do at the time of decision.
    I may well be dead 10 seconds into it...or before the time.

I am a very tiny cog in a very big machine. That machine is freedom.

Pzants ridiculing me merely make me stronger, as I bring the message of freedom to those intelligent enough to listen.
    Just one tiny bit of information, dropped into the right ear, causes men to start digging for their OWN information...and the cause of freedom wins again.

You have nothing save donkey braying to cover your own failures and fears.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you feller about through with the BS yet???? All the slapping, jabbing, and hollering isn't getting us any where. SO, guess I watch until you all get finished!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim,,,,Yeah. I'm done. I've had all fun I can with it. The repetitive nature if it is boreing isn't it? Through it all though I wish him well. Though it does make me wonder if I will be reading about him in the paper sometime. You know?