In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ron paul commentary

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭
good read:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/11/paul.republican/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

hopefully we can get him to stick around and run in '12

how old is he? he looks like he is getting up there but i hope he would still consider running in 2012 or when we manage to boot the soon to be curretn administration.

Comments

• Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    He is a Republican, when it serves his purpose. He would be a Democrat if it served his purpose. Just a 'typical' politician. I don't see why some of you worship him. If he was a man of integrity he would have denounced the Republican party, HE DID NOT!!![V]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well Jim Rau;
    does this mean that you have denounced the republican party ?
    edited November -1
    HB,
    Absolutely. I have never been a 'party' member of any party nor do I intend to be a member of any political party. I vote people and issues. Those whom belong to 'parties' and/or 'unions' who dictate their votes are the true IDIOTS of this word![:(!]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    He is a Republican, when it serves his purpose. He would be a Democrat if it served his purpose. Just a 'typical' politician. I don't see why some of you worship him. If he was a man of integrity he would have denounced the Republican party, HE DID NOT!!![V]

Spend five minutes looking at his voting record, then will you see.
    edited November -1
    A 'party member' by anyother name is still a 'party member'!!![}:)]
  • WalterC33WalterC33 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Ron Paul is a liberty-lover who is the only guy in congress that understands economics and freedom. He calls himself a "republican" simply because it is the only way to get things done in this country. No one acknowledges the "Libertarian" in Washington.
    edited November -1
    A 'special ops' politician??[}:)]
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1

You obviously know nothing about Ron Paul, otherwise you would never jeopardize what credibility you have here on this site.

Ron Paul is an intelligent down to earth guy, who happens to believe in our American system THE WAY IT WAS WRITTEN, and yet to be legally ratified.

While for the most part I don't see a dimes worth of difference in the parties, Ron Paul certainly stands out from the rest like a sore thumb, and that is a GOOD thing.
  • chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber

You obviously know nothing about Ron Paul, otherwise you would never jeopardize what credibility you have here on this site.

Now that was the funniest reply I have seen. The great gun compromiser has no credibility. What has he got to lose?
    edited November -1
    Damn I give the guy a compliment, and you guys still insist on the insults and name calling. I am hurt, NOT. I expect no less from those who refuse to mature into responsible adults!![:)]
    In other worlds, grow up or go back to grade school where you belong![}:)]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Re-labeling the the "truth" to "insult" does not change a "fact" into "opinion". Although that type of misdirection has been used with great success by those who do not like truth. Jim, you are a good guy who needs to look deeper inside and find principle. When you find that baseline within yourself, it will transform you. I am not "insulting" you. I am trying to offer some advice which I never do to someone I dislike. Truth is uncompromising, and it frees you.
    I don't always know the truth, but as I get older and continually seek it, it comes. Free yourself from constraint imposed on you through conditioning. Do not accept something, just because you have been convinced that "it must be this way". Why must it be this way? Is it the truth? Or is just easy?
    edited November -1
    It's still childish. And in this case we are talking 'opinion' not 'fact' or 'truth'. You are entitled to your 'opinion' of this person and your 'opinion' about his actions and beliefs. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You are more than 'free' to state your 'opinion' and I have no problem. I see no need to insult you or call you names just because you don't agree with me. By the way do you know this man personally? If not you are basing your opinion on second hand information, be it good or bad!!![;)]
  • Gunlover61Gunlover61 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootuadeal
    good read:
    Hello again,
    It is always good to see such a diverse interplay of thoughts about one of the members of one of the most exclusive clubs in the history of mankind. The U.S. Congress. I think it is good to suspect all who appear to "do good" in their voting records and I will qualify that by saying that I trust Ron Paul more than I do the rest of the offerings that we had this last go round and that obviously would mean that I trusted what "got in" to run for the most overrated gig in the western world alot less. I don't like Osama bin Obama/Saotoro at all, and I had some use for John McCain, as he was the coauthor of the McCain-Feingold Campaign finance refirm act and he and his buddies the NeoConsevatives were the ones that led the charge 10 years ago to "deregulate, deregulate!!! " the markets, after Uncle Sugar had totally changed the nature of the "markets" that they are nothing like what they were when the "markets" were free from so much government meddling/micromanagement. What they should have been doing was to consult the business community and facilitate a conference to reshape the markets into a hybrid of the best of what the markets were prior to the crash of "29 and prior to the meltdown of '08. My nmentor told me why he voted for Obama, and though I don;t agree with his logic, I empathize with what he's feeling; he took a $150k bath because of the Senatorial/Congressional microeconomics. I believe Ron Paul is alot better a man for the job than either of the two "empty suits" that were offered for the job this go around. But, that's a moot point now. He, was incidently who I wanted as well, I supported his candidacy and hope he runs for it again in '12 myself.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/11/paul.republican/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

hopefully we can get him to stick around and run in '12

how old is he? he looks like he is getting up there but i hope he would still consider running in 2012 or when we manage to boot the soon to be curretn administration.