In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

the appleseed project

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
ive heard much about this and have found their website.(only just started going through it) what does it take to join? how involved is it? do i just sign up pay the fee($70??) and then show up? i would love to go to a boot camp and learn some more about my rifles.

any info on this organization aside from what they say on their website would be greatly appreciated. i figure it can never hurt to learn how to improve yourself in whichever ways you can.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This fellow has been selling M-14 stocks for many years..retiring in the near future.

He writes a column in the Shotgun News..You may well be able to access it on the Shotgun News site (see `Freds').
    He is attempting to forge a REAL `Nation of Riflemen'..not the bogus one we have today. Most folks cannot hit the proverbial bull in the butt with their high priced weapons...he is trying to change that.

About the only beef I have with him is about the NRA...and on the phone many years ago. He admitted to the flaws in that organization...and subsequent issues of the News revealed less of a `love' of the NRA.

I have looked over the program...and believe that it is a very good first step in developing skill with a battle rifle.
    Just for your information..several years ago, he ran a series of articles dealing with combat operations here in America against `Blue Helmets' by irregular forces...the true and proper `MilitiaMen` of America.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes im somewhat familiar with freds writing in the shogun news thats where i first heard of appleseed i believe. and loved his article battling the un. thought that was first rate. ill have to look into picking up or subscribing to shotgun news again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cant find fred on shotgun news website. ill keep looking into it.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    He may well have retired. I saw a announcement about that some time ago..I don't take the SGN anymore.
    At one time, you could get several years of his columns by ordering the Appleseed targets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i dug op an older shotgun news(back in september and hes still in it. he makes it sound like something good to do. just would like to get some outside info on them befor i take the leap.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    josh-

you may show up at any appleseed shoot. Pre-registration is typically necessary, but show up and you will shoot. No rifle? You will shoot. No money-you will shoot. I always bring a spare rifle and ammo for just this purpose. And I am not alone, by far.
    Go with the best of intentions and you will leave with the best of intentions.
    The fee is generally 70 bucks for the weekend (here in MA). You should also join the RWVA (20 bucks)

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Check scheduled events. You find me (and others)in the snow the weekend of the 7th and 8th of Feb. Freezing-thinking about those who froze for us at Valley Forge so many generations ago.

Rest assured there is an appleseed near you-or soon will be.

I honestly believe that in this route is the salvation of America. HB-you would be well served to mingle with this crowd. You will have a new faith in the patriots out there. It is truly refreshing, and inspiring.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ive looked up where some locations are that are close. theres one in altho mass correct? theres a few in ny and pa that might be doable. im seriously thingking about it. just have to see if ill be able to make it on the weeends they are held. i wish i would be able to do one of the bootcamps but not sure ill be able to.