In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gentlemen;

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Perhaps it is time to revisit a bit of Gun Broker history.
Back in the early days, Gun Broker was much the same as CALGuns is today...nearly complete, wall-to-wall gun controllers.
Gun Rights was a dead forum . It very nearly is, yet, today. ANY anti-gun control topic over on General was met with derision, scorn, and charges of `being insane'...if you defended the Second.

Think back to when many of you came aboard. Think a bit about YOUR position at that time. Several of you have publicly admitted that the facts presented herein radically changed your outlook on the Constitution and the Second..
There appears to be no driving force over on Calguns for the Constitution. They are merely endlessly whirling round and round and round...much as shad do under a light.

No wonder they are beaten before they start .they are starting from the enemies compound. They have NOBODY to point out reality to them, it seems ..and are accepting the words of corruption as gospel.

The point of all this tripe I am posting ?

From very nearly NOTHING...we have reached 18 people. 8 years. There SHOULD be ten thousand. It's a tough row to hoe, this business...it requires force of will to go against everything you ever thought you knew.

Calguns is nothing new, folks. If you think about it...we have seen it all before.
Their claim to fame is...they post over there, slamming US HERE...because they don't have the cohunes to come over here on a regular basis and have their butts kicked...and NONE have the courage to stand up over there.
The path to here was strewn with lots and lots and LOTS of insults. I personally had 2-3 e-mails, back in the early years, saved to my computer ..those e-mails mentioning that the poster was coming to kill me for my views.
Not 6 months ago, many of you witnessed threats made against me by another poster...offering to whip me any time, any place. That poster is now coming along nicely... realizing that perhaps there IS validity in the Constitution ..THE REAL ONE.

We were treated to an invasion last week ..they were convinced that they would simply overwhelm us here.
We remain...underwhelmed. Their attacks are on the level of children...compared to some that were right here on Gun Broker.

Let us keep our perspective here...and attempt to educate those poor lost souls every chance we get.

Comments

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:There just should be one thread stuck on the top of the forum permanently and maybe you (or whoever you think is capable of doing so) should organize and launch a propaganda campaign to places like calguns, politicalcrossfire, etc.

Ever work in management?

Second, you cannot point the reality to someone who isn't capable and willing to see the reality. Most of those people aren't, and chances are never will. One could use them politically for achieving a goal, temporary alliance, but they are the people that'll stab you in the back first chance they get to advance their personal agendas.

Three, by counting 18 people you've dismissed I believe a lot more and have shown your shortsightedness.

Four, well, I've already mentioned that in unnamed one.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I think we have more than 18 here HB, perhaps double that, and maybe many more. Some folks are "fly under the radar" types, and that's fine with me. I know that I wear a bullseye, but believe some anonymous figure has my back. It is a good thing.
    Many of our more vocal members are fairly new. Remember gunny? He's still there, but went from a bullseye as big as yours, to silence. He's still there.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    I think we have more than 18 here HB, perhaps double that, and maybe many more.

And plenty of people who never even heard of gunbroker, or find better use of their time than GB forums, or calguns. Trust me on this one. Even in CA.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is plenty outside GUNBROKER...I know of a few that can't even turn a computer on........but they shoot strait !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Im still lurking. Just laying low if you know what i mean[;)]
  • Options
    KestryllKestryll Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just out of curiosity, for all your talk what have you actually done to reverse the laws that constrain our rights?

What laws have you had struck down?

What legislation have you had a DIRECT hand in stopping or passing?
    Not something you read about but were THERE in the Capital making it happen?

What firearm that was banned did you reintroduce?

What, other then talk on the internet about how you're going to be the one standing in the front ranks shooting away to save us all, have you actually accomplished that you can put your name to?

I'd like to hear a list.
    I'd like to think that behind the bluster, big talk and 'do or die' stuff there was some real activity and achievement.

Sadly I expect to be disappointed.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the Canary * Mission Statement.

"Teach the uneducated to help them clarify and understand how the Republic was meant to be and how it can be saved."
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kestryll
    Just out of curiosity, for all your talk what have you actually done to reverse the laws that constrain our rights?

Look at the states where these people live and the laws in those states. Now then, what have YOU done in your state and what are the results?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    From the Canary * Mission Statement.

"Teach the uneducated to help them clarify and understand how the Republic was meant to be and how it can be saved."

NYF (if I may abbreviate), I really believe it's pointless. As I have said before, you can only help and educate those who seek help or knowledge. It isn't the case with these clowns, they already know what we all should conform to: CA. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    KestryllKestryll Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

Look at the states where these people live and the laws in those states. Now then, what have YOU done in your state and what are the results?

So nothing then.

You can not answer other then to claim credit for the status of your State.
    WHAT DID YOU PERSONALLY DO TO MAKE THAT STATE THE WAY IT IS??

You can not answer a simple question of ONE THING that you can put your name to that you had a DIRECT hand in.

But you sure can sit here on the internet blowing smoke, I guess that's something....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:(((Enough with the name calling Rock)))

And the whole post goes bye-bye... I wonder, pickenup, are you going to poof all the "offensive" troll posts as well or just mine?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

From very nearly NOTHING...we have reached 18 people. 8 years. There SHOULD be ten thousand.

The message has reached more than 18 people HB....maybe not 10,000...but far more than what you might expect.
  • Options
    bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    from Rack Opsquote:The message has reached more than 18 people HB....maybe not 10,000...but far more than what you might expect.

I agree with Rack Ops, especially the part in bold above.

To paraphrase the last sentence in your post, Highball...keep on, keeping on!

Big Al
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:We were treated to an invasion last week ..they were convinced that they would simply overwhelm us here.
    We remain...underwhelmed. Their attacks are on the level of children...compared to some that were right here on Gun Broker.Their problem is that there is nothing new to support their argument. How many times do we need to reply to the "I'm a gun owner and supporter of the Second Amendment BUT there should be reasonable, common-sense laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals" mantra?

The statement is not "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed...EXCEPT in the case of individuals who are deemed by the state to be undesirables."

I cannot understand why it is that some folks have it embedded in their brains that we need to be protected from ourselves in advance to prevent us from actions that we may or may not perpetrate, rather than reacting to misdeeds in timely fashion with the proper penalty.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Naturally, I would hope that there are many out there silently reading these forums and nodding their heads in the quietness of their own study.
    They are the last, best hope of America...when we vocals are swept off the board.

I understand that the Russians had a saying ;
    "Let a thousand flowers grow".
    This referred to the KGB practice of sending into villages an agent provocateur. He would talk against the government. Every man that agreed with him would eventually be rounded up and killed.
    The point of all this is ..I know of no way to spread information without exposing many of the best we have. It is a sad fact of life. The mere fact of talking against conventional `wisdom' paints a target on your back.
    I made MY choice many years ago. I thank the Lord daily for allowing me to exist this long, given my insistence upon talking about the utter corruption of those in government.

When the shooting starts ..along with the Constitution and Bill of Rights to restore ..I expect those quiet ones to avenge those of us that are highly vocal.

Did ANYONE imagine a time when mere mention of and insistence upon Constitutional principles would warrant endless surveillance of the individuals involved ?

Did you EVER...in your wildest dreams ..believe that you would be called `insane' for insisting that `Shall Not be Infringed" has a very real meaning ??
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am here and have just been reading more than posting, though I am not a CA member, I have my own clan most of which are veterans, which I mentioned very briefly in another post and we would support your crew and would want the same and after reading your posts we seem to have the same beliefs as we both support the Constitution completely without compromise or reservation and would die defending it if necessary, but volunteer our enemies to do so at our hands first, only difference is that my flag is the Confederate Flag(rights not race, as what the Civil War was all about and not slavery) although I do accept the Revolutionary War Flags(Betsy Ross and Gadsden Flags) as well as some others.
    Anonymous figures watching in the shadows, most definitely as some of us are in positions to do a tremendous amount of harm to the enemy at a moments notice if the need arises, the enemy will underestimate us more than likely laughing; very well, although that will only last until after the battle is briefly ended and we pass over their dead bodies and charred remains of blown out buildings and smoldering vehicles continuing onto our objectives and they regroup maliciously against us, so we need to hit them the first time as hard as possible, a death blow, one horrific assault that they will not soon forget.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Highball- I was glad to hear that you "thank the Lord every day"
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

So nothing then.

You can not answer other then to claim credit for the status of your State.
    WHAT DID YOU PERSONALLY DO TO MAKE THAT STATE THE WAY IT IS??

You can not answer a simple question of ONE THING that you can put your name to that you had a DIRECT hand in.

But you sure can sit here on the internet blowing smoke, I guess that's something....

Seems nothing more than an attempt by you to assuage your own greasy, guilty feelings for what must be some degree of actual support for "some" gun control and for a predatory government.

What government controls, regulations, restrictions and/or infringements do you really support? Seeing your position would be illustrative in determining your motivations and intent.

As for what anyone has done, or has not done in the area of fighting malum prohibitum law, well, that is a fine straw-man sir; but at the bottom-line, it comes down to what a man believes in and what he stands for, what principals and ideals he holds to and subsequently espouses, what form of personal integrity and ethics he has and how that integrity and those ethics are manifested.

How do you stack up sir?