In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Strength of the Constitution

Canary ass no. 12Canary ass no. 12 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure." -- Albert Einstein

http://constitutioncenter.org/ConstitutionDay/Resource_Details.aspx?code=200I51I26I46

I don't see the word "CHANGE" written anywhere in the U.S. Constitution

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Pretty much. [;)]

Of course, that is why we are losing the Republic though, Far too few are even aware of anything in the Constitution, let alone how it is supposed to apply.

Thus, "The Order of The Brethren of The Canary *" was born; the mission, to educate/stimulate thought about these most critical issues.
  • Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Einstein might just as well have been speaking to and ABOUT "The Order of The Brethren of The Canary *".

We few face squarely the slings and arrows of those who would call themselves our 'countrymen'.
    The enemy we face is NOT foreign antagonists...although those attacks aid and abet foreign interests.

No indeed, the greater threat to our freedoms and the survival of this Country come from next door, by your neighbor giving support to those in power.
    REMEMBER THAT...the next time somebody promotes their favorite gun control scheme.
    That line out of `The Patriot';
    Rather put up with ONE Tyrant ten thousand miles away....then 10,000 tyrants a mile away" applies here.
    A Nation of people ignorant of and unworthy of personal freedom and the resultant responsibilities is a program for disaster....and we are living it.
  • dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    watched the coronation on tv this a.m. did anybody else notice the abbreviated oath given by the potus as compared to that given by the v.p?maybe it was just me.i'd be interested to see what the traditional oath vs what was actually said looks like in print.
  • Little-AcornLittle-Acorn Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dppatrol
    watched the coronation on tv this a.m. did anybody else notice the abbreviated oath given by the potus as compared to that given by the v.p?maybe it was just me.i'd be interested to see what the traditional oath vs what was actually said looks like in print.

The Presidential oath is actually dictated by the Constitution. It was written there before George Washington became president.*

The VP oath isn't in the Constitution. It might have been made up by Congress later, I guess. I'm not sure where it's written or mandated.

* And today the Chief Justice screwed it up. He started swapping words in it, stopped, caught himself, and never did get it completely right. I haven't see a good public figure look that silly since Bob Dole misquoted the 10th amendment on national TV when he was campaigning for President.

Some things are important enough to memorize correctly.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I believe that approximately 97% of the population at the time of the American Revolution were either Tories or indifferent. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:I believe that approximately 97% of the population at the time of the American Revolution were either Tories or indifferent. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
    Rock ;
    Wasn't quite that bad. History seems to record that about 30 % supported the American freedom movement, with about 3 % fighting.

There actually at times were more Colonists fighting on the British side then with Washington, however.

Another 30 percent or so were indeed Tories...and the rest just wanted to be left alone.

These figures hold true today, I believe.