In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maryland Gun Laws Question

JerecoleJerecole Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
My Inlaws live in Baltimore County Maryland and have 10 acres. Is it legal for me to shoot my pistol/rifle on their property without fear of the neighbors getting ticked and calling the cops?

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obviously you need to check to ensure that shooting is allowed in those 10 acres. Most counties maintain a map of areas where shooting is an is not allowed.

Secondly, politeness suggests you talk to the neighbors first, obviously not necessary if shooting is legal, but it certainly does no harm.

Thirdly, 10 acres is not very much land for shooting. Absent a well-designed backstop, meaning one that will absorb and contain any round you plan on shooting and is large enough to ensure the odd flyer will still be contained, you may want to re-consider shooting in that small an area. All it takes is to see one ricochet rocket up and out of sight and you will understand the precautions that are necessary.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele