In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We need a Gun Ghandi !

melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
We really need a Gun Ghandi, a man that presents firearm ownership for what is should be for. Hunting , Self Defense, Collecting ,and Fun.
We need a spokes person that gets the 30 million or so Gun owners to do specific causes to show our combined spending power. For example Discover Card is anti-gun, all 30 million cut there cards up. Ebay is anti gun, boycott them and lets make a Gun freindly ebay GB is a great example but offer all products. Walmart pulls guns from there stores boycott them for 1 month. Etc. This may be the only way in the end to save our guns. What do U think ? [:D]

Comments

• Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Worthy goals, but still does not address the point that the 2nd. amm. is to protect us from an oppressive gov.
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I for one think that it is a good idea.The way that I see it is that if a business or person works to erode our rights and freedoms as gun owners we as a collective are foolish for buying their products and/or supporting them. That being said now the reality, 99% of gunowners won't stop their patronage of these people or businesses because it would inconveinance them. Instead of going to Wal-Mart they would have to go to 2,3 or 4 different stores to get what they need and most people are too lazy to do that today. If we started doing like the gays, pro-abortionists, PETA, and enviromental groups and protesting outside the stores, boycotting the products and bringing bad publicity their way then things would probably start to change a little. The problem is that for the most part we as gunowners have been complacent,laid back law abiding citizens and have allowed the media, politicians and businesses to wage their war against our rights unchecked. We as a collective have not stood up to them and forced them to back down. That is why things continue to get worse as time goes on, The more they erode our freedoms, the more emboldened they become, especially since we are not fighting back in any meaningful way.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Already done on a personal level, as it is and always will be the individual that leads. Group-think has inherent dangers, as most mobs will sway in the breeze. If you believe this (as I do) live it first, and encourage others to do the same.

I also always wear a tastefully arranged sarong of khadi cloth when purchasing firearms and when making salt.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    ClayhillClayhill Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes we need a gun Ghandi. But he needs to be an educator more than a gun enthusiast. He needs to remind the American public freedom isn't free and must be carefully guarded by all free men. He needs to teach being an individual responsible for your own actions and safety is part of being an American. He needs to teach that while America hasn't always been perfect, the American public has always tried to work toward making this a better country and ending tyranny, even when it required great sacrifice. He should reintroduce the idea of being "Proud to be an American", instead of feeling ashamed because the "world doesn't like us".

(You can tell I have children in the public school system.)

This the only way gun rights (and America) will ever really be safe.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:a man that presents firearm ownership for what is should be for. Hunting , Self Defense, Collecting ,and Fun.
    These 'goals' are already met by the NRA.

None ..save self defense..address the Second Amendment.

That is the core issue with the nra and their supporters. These people refuse to stand ready to use the Second as the Founders intended it.

They stand on the side of the gun controllers and gun grabbers...and they will get no peace from me, no standing together, no comfort, no money, no respect.
    They will get nothing except contempt for their cowardice, in peacetime, to even SPEAK OUT against tyranny.
    They richly deserve that contempt, for giving aid and comfort to the enemy in its' drive to subjugate us.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We really need a Gun Ghandi, a man that presents firearm ownership for what is should be for. Hunting , Self Defense, Collecting ,and Fun.eradicating tyrants.

Fixed it.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    We really need a Gun Ghandi, a man that presents firearm ownership for what is should be for. Hunting , Self Defense, Collecting ,and Fun.
    We need a spokes person that gets the 30 million or so Gun owners to do specific causes to show our combined spending power. For example Discover Card is anti-gun, all 30 million cut there cards up. Ebay is anti gun, boycott them and lets make a Gun freindly ebay GB is a great example but offer all products. Walmart pulls guns from there stores boycott them for 1 month. Etc. This may be the only way in the end to save our guns. What do U think ? [:D]

If this forum proves nothing else it proves this can't happen. There are to many close mined people of varying opinions and believes to have just 'one' person represent us all!!!
    Human nature at it's worst![:(]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:If this forum proves nothing else it proves this can't happen. There are to many close mined people of varying opinions and believes to have just 'one' person represent us all!!!Well, speaking for myself, I want no "person" to have the responsibility to represent "all" of us. Yes, yes, I know that the Republic form of government is set up where we "elect" people to represent our views (in theory), but that isn't my point here.

What I do want, expect and demand, yes Jim, demand; is that "one set of principals" be followed, this, as the proper representation of our Constitutional Republic.

Once these principals are back in place, people can go back to living their lives as they individually choose to do so and in accepting, or being required to bear the consequences of, their individual choices.

"Gun-Ghandi" be damned. We need do no more as a people than to restore the Republic.

One final point, reference this repetitive "close-minded" issue.

It seems to me that if a man educates himself, takes an objective and critical look all relevant information surrounding a particular situation, or a particular issue, then that man makes an informed decision about that situation, or that issue; that man being rock-solid in that assessment, or decision is then proper, informed and and not "close-minded".

To me, being "open-minded" is indicative of an inability to critically assess information and to subsequently make a solid decision. Kind of a girlie-man, wishy-washy kind of thingy, IMO.

Of course, I am "close-minded", as described by many, so hell, what do I know?[;)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is what I just said Jeff!!!![;)]
    No 'one' can do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    If this forum proves nothing else it proves this can't happen. There are to many close mined people of varying opinions and believes to have just 'one' person represent us all!!!
    An open mind without the dam of true conviction rapidly empties.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    An open mind without the dam of true conviction rapidly empties.

That is better than a closed mind where there is NO flow of information what so ever!!!
    But I have yet to find anyone on this site with out 'true conviction'! But I have found some here who say if you don't believe the exact same way I do you do not have conviction which shows their ignorance and is just a property of a close minded prejudice person!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is better than a closed mind where there is NO flow of information what so ever!!!
    But I have yet to find anyone on this site with out 'true conviction'! But I have found some here who say if you don't believe the exact same way I do you do not have conviction which shows their ignorance and is just a property of a close minded prejudice person!![;)]

Sorry, Jim, I missed your reply.

It actually is a matter of perspective. Personally, over the past 3 - 4 years, my mind has been opened to the ideal and to the true meaning of the words in the 2nd Amendment. It was not so long ago, that my mind was closed to the actual meaning of freedom as unreasonable. I was open to government restriction and common-sense regulation.

It is now obvious to me that the only long-term solution is to ensure that every man, woman, and child in this country know what is said in the Constitution. It is imperative that all know that it is the individual that owns these rights, and that when we surrender those rights to the government, rather it be common-sense or the acceptance of some definition of reality, we have ceded control and are at the mercy of government for permission to do that for which no permission is required.

I submit that a compromised conviction is dangerous, as it does cede authority to government that legally cannot be ceded. The precedent thus set has resulted in the reality of which you speak. This reality need not be, and will not be once the people of this country internalize their ownership of these rights.

It is for this reason that the compromise of 'reality' and 'common-sense gun laws' must be countered whenever offered. The methods can be debated, but the conviction that the 2nd Amendment bans infringement is the starting point. Absent that starting point, all debate is merely at the fringes and does not address the true issue.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What concerns me is the fact that forum members still believe we are in a Republic based on the Original Constitiution. We are NOT ! We are now a Republic by name only. We live in a real fascist STATE. Not the way stupid people use the word Fascist but its real meaning , which U can switch with the US version called Progressive Movement. It was over in 1916 U people have to wake up.e

All your nonsense talk of laws, rights and constitution will be rendered void for a while when Obama signs his executive order. Then AS JUDGES ARE REPLACED, and LAWs are made it will be over and U will have no say. Look at History folks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Sorry, Jim, I missed your reply.

It actually is a matter of perspective. Personally, over the past 3 - 4 years, my mind has been opened to the ideal and to the true meaning of the words in the 2nd Amendment. It was not so long ago, that my mind was closed to the actual meaning of freedom as unreasonable. I was open to government restriction and common-sense regulation.

It is now obvious to me that the only long-term solution is to ensure that every man, woman, and child in this country know what is said in the Constitution. It is imperative that all know that it is the individual that owns these rights, and that when we surrender those rights to the government, rather it be common-sense or the acceptance of some definition of reality, we have ceded control and are at the mercy of government for permission to do that for which no permission is required.

I submit that a compromised conviction is dangerous, as it does cede authority to government that legally cannot be ceded. The precedent thus set has resulted in the reality of which you speak. This reality need not be, and will not be once the people of this country internalize their ownership of these rights.

It is for this reason that the compromise of 'reality' and 'common-sense gun laws' must be countered whenever offered. The methods can be debated, but the conviction that the 2nd Amendment bans infringement is the starting point. Absent that starting point, all debate is merely at the fringes and does not address the true issue.

An open mind is one which allows you to continually evaluate and reevaluate things by considering other/new information you encounter as you proceed through this life, even if you have already made your mind up about something!!![;)]
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talking about it here is interesting but may of those here are too cheap to spend a dollar to actually get any thing done. Money talks, BS walks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Talking about it here is interesting but may of those here are too cheap to spend a dollar to actually get any thing done. Money talks, BS walks.
    I noticed slum that you have not been around much. Been walking, I suspect.[;)][:)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:slumlord44

USA
    537 Posts
    Posted - 01/26/2009 : 9:29:04 PM

Your money has given us 20,000++++ Gun laws. Looks like a TON of BS to me.

Perhaps at some point you will gain the intelligence to stop using your emotions to look at the problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:slumlord44

USA
    537 Posts
    Posted - 01/26/2009 : 9:29:04 PM

Your money has given us 20,000++++ Gun laws. Looks like a TON of BS to me.

Perhaps at some point you will gain the intelligence to stop using your emotions to look at the problem.

HB,
    You are only looking at the negative side of this.
    How many anti-gun laws (legislation) were aborted by $$$$$. Like I said, this political/government is a system which is * and it is true $$$$$ talks, like it or not!!!
    Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll = Money, and that's is what keeps the world going![}:)][:D]
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most American gun owners seem to treat the issue of gun control no differently than they do everything else in our relatively comfortable American lifestyle. 'Take the gun rights I don't rely on or consider important, but the rights I personally enjoy had better not be touched or else.'

Trouble is, the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights never mentions recreation. Liberals constantly do, to the exclusion of all other considerations, for good reason. If liberals can convince you a hunting/sporting test is not only relevant but primary, then arms for security, that is the winning of skirmishes with other human beings in times of emergency, are free for the criminalization.

If people indeed have 2nd Amendment rights, then they have the individual right, above all, to uninfringed private ownership of arms designed FOR SECURITY -- which means that the arms most certainly protected by the broad guarantee of the Second Amendment are those which are most likely to be confiscated and banned when the fraudulent "sport" test is applied unchallenged.

You will always lose an argument when the liberals' false "hunt/sport" interpretation of gun rights is used, since you are building your case on thin air. Our individual rights begin with arms suitable for security. Start there, and the next time somebody protests that a given firearm's "only purpose" is to neutralize people, thank them for making your case for the right to keep and bear it.
  • Options
    Chris LChris L Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Palin. Nugent in 2012. How's that for gun ghandi?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris L
    No thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Who would run the country?? They would be off huntn and fishn all the time!!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Who would run the country?? They would be off huntn and fishn all the time!!![8D]

That might not be a bad thing ![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007

I like those two.
    But I know A LOT of those in DC I would like to take hunting!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D]quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007

I like those two.
    But I know A LOT of those in DC I would like to take hunting!![;)]

For mercies sake , please don't leave a crumb trail as you come out of the woods ![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The stench would be overpowering though!!!![}:)]