In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OBCA members....

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
I wish to make a request of you.

Many here remember a forum poster from the past, who was pro-rkba in it's strictist sense.

longhunter

I am 99.99% sure that the Lord called him home. Sad for us, super for him. He suffered through battles with cancer. Once it began, he made little mention of it. He disappeared for quite a time, concerning us. Just when we were about to give up, as he had no reliable email-nobody knew him personally-and we didn't even have a "Government" name to pplace him with, he re-appeared very briefly. He had said he was still fighting the cancer. Then, he was gone.

I would like to request that he be made an honorary member, posthumously, so as to remind us of the many discussions we had with him. He was stalwart in defense of rkba, one of the first to step forward back in the day when it was not popular to do so around here. But he was very much a gentleman, much like our newest member. I miss him. We should be reminded of him, to go back and read some of his posts occasionally, and just think about how he inspired. My only regret is not getting more personal with him. Lesson learned.
I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have been among the first to join.
Here's to longhunter! [^]

What say you?

Comments

• Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely no objections from me.

It is a sad day for America when patriots depart.[V]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    God bless his soul, if he has been taken.

He always seemed to take the stance for freedom when it pertained to firearms and government.

I'd be proud to have him listed as an Honorary Member of The Brethren.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I continue to pray that he is still alive.
    A good man...and I thank JPwolf for bringing this to our attention.

We just as well get used to remembering our own..for I fear there will be many of us.

I vote 'aye' on this one..with deep regrets that he will never know. The GOOD thing is...every single one of us DO know that we are RIGHT.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I "normally" have no voting privileges, but since this is not an normal request, I will step out of the norm, and cast a vote. Even if it does not count.

aye.....of course.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used to enjoy his posts and conversing with him. Seemed like a straight up gut with a no B/S attitude.

AYE...

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another Aye...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From Longhunter's sig line:

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aye..from here also..so be it..God Rest his soul..Loko
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    From Longhunter's sig line:

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."

A heartfelt aye from #3.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,406 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I give a hearty YEA in favor of LH!

I was just taking a look back at longhunter and I dredged up an old gun control post on GD. Go take a look. Some of them boobs are something else!
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never really got a chance to read his posts, but with all the fine folks above saying yea, you can add another to the tally.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So say we all.........

I wish I could have been around when he was posting so I could have rubbed shoulders with another of like mind [:(]
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me! I never conversed with him but if he's good enough for you guys hes good enough for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Canary ass no. 1Canary ass no. 1 Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen;
    Please visit the O.B.C.A. Roster and test thread and look to the right, top of the page. I invite your comments concerning that post..changes, thoughts, ect. ?
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aye here too. Question? Since we don't know for certain his destiny, should I add him to the "In Memory" thread on GD. I received your email JP, but still not for sure, and will leave this up to you fellas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen;
    Please visit the O.B.C.A. Roster and test thread and look to the right, top of the page. I invite your comments concerning that post..changes, thoughts, ect. ?

A fitting tribute to a departed patriot.

Wouldn't change a thing. It looks good.

It could only be made better by something not possible, which is for longhunter to be on the active roster.[V]
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Gentlemen;

A fitting tribute to a departed patriot.

Wouldn't change a thing. It looks good.

It could only be made better by something not possible, which is for longhunter to be on the active roster.[V]

I agree!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks good HB. He surely was one of a kind. I wish he was still here.

Thanks brothers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Aye here too. Question? Since we don't know for certain his destiny, should I add him to the "In Memory" thread on GD. I received your email JP, but still not for sure, and will leave this up to you fellas.

We have memorialized him here. I think it would be fine over there.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,406 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Canary * no. 1
    Gentlemen;
    Good Job #1. A fitting tribute to longhunter I think.