In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reverse Gun Control

BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
You know, I've been thinkin about this for a while now and have come up with a decent idea, reverse gun control. What would happen if the big ammo, and gun makers quit selling their products to states that decide to trample the Constitution? They can start out by selling the LE agencies the same 10rd mags, and fixed AR mags that the people are restricted to. Then they can just stop selling in that state all together, it would literally bring oppressive states to their knees. I see this as a way to take the fight to them in a different playing field, we support these manufacturers, perhaps its time for them to start supporting us.[}:)]

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    hmmmmm, I like it. If only...
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe you could get all manufatures to take the Ronnie Barrett approach. Too much greed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    I don't believe you could get all manufatures to take the Ronnie Barrett approach. Too much greed.

I thought about that to, money talks. However, they have to think about their future as well. Can they make it without firearm sales to the private sector?
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    You know, I've been thinkin about this for a while now and have come up with a decent idea, reverse gun control. What would happen if the big ammo, and gun makers quit selling their products to states that decide to trample the Constitution? They can start out by selling the LE agencies the same 10rd mags, and fixed AR mags that the people are restricted to. Then they can just stop selling in that state all together, it would literally bring oppressive states to their knees. I see this as a way to take the fight to them in a different playing field, we support these manufacturers, perhaps its time for them to start supporting us.[}:)]

Sounds good but it probably wouldn't do any good. The gov. would seize the ammo and arms makers in the interest of national security. We the people have allowed our rights and liberties to be trampled apon by special interest groups and the gov. We have not managed to mount an organized and effective defense for ourselves. It would take a lot of large scale demonstrations and probably outright rebellion to regain any of the rights that we have lost. Both the Democrats and Republicans are traitors to the Constitution and the People of the United States and unless we shake off the bonds of laziness and passivity we are in danger of losing all of our rights. The 2nd amendment is the defender of the others.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    It would take a lot of large scale demonstrations and probably outright rebellion to regain any of the rights that we have lost. Both the Democrats and Republicans are traitors to the Constitution and the People of the United States and unless we shake off the bonds of laziness and passivity we are in danger of losing all of our rights. The 2nd amendment is the defender of the others.

A Citizen keeps this in the back of his mind ALWAYS...and prepares himself accordingly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many of us 45 million would stand up?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

A Citizen keeps this in the back of his mind ALWAYS...and prepares himself accordingly.

Actually I think that it should be in the front of our minds ![;)]