In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Canary *

RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
When is our first annual meeting?[:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What the hell is all this Canary * stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As you have made such an uproar in state of CA, I went ahead and made ya'll a little present of sorts, your own domain names. If you're interested, email me for details.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thanks Max, I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about, but I appreciate it nonetheless.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    canaryass.com/net/org
    canaryasses.com/net/org

just for **its and giggles. [:D] so that you Canary * can have your own home.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who is designing the webpage?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Who is designing the webpage?

Nobody as of yet. For C.A.'s to decide [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well I guess that didn't go over too well. muahaha.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    The bite is louder than the bark ;)

f_OBCA2m_3a88981.jpg
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Sure is nice of you to offer Max. I am a web design retard. I have no desire to learn to do web design eiher.

Perhaps someone else will step up and do it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would do it, gladly.

All I need is some input, a webserver not just a domain, and the go ahead.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd be glad to help out with design and do the hosting.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber

The bite is louder than the bark ;)

f_OBCA2m_3a88981.jpg

I Love the BIRD !!!![:)]
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1

All I need is some input, a webserver not just a domain, and the go ahead.

Forgot to add -- I am getting it ready.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just so you all know that pic was not meant as an insult. Judging by the lack of haha or damn you I may have offended some, that was not my intent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    seems just like a slow day here. I am pretty sure you didn't offend anyone, not from this place at least.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    None here either, I thought it was pretty cool.

Creativity is something I do not posess, so all I can say is, if it helps persuade a few people to re-thnk their stance on the Constitution, GOOD!
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just so you all know that pic was not meant as an insult. Judging by the lack of haha or damn you I may have offended some, that was not my intent.

Not at all, ky. I took it as a compliment.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    It pissed me off.

I don't know how to make pictures work...so I can't add it to my signature line.[:D]

I have thought about a blog over the years, or some such. I am kind of a lazy bustard ..and the amount of time it would take is nearly insurmountable. To do it right, anyway.
    Course ...I spend LOTS more time on here then I really need to ..but there always seems to be fresh targets of opportunity showing up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    add this line to your sig,
    [*img]http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7678/obca1ce1.gif[*/img]

just be sure to delete the *
  • Options
    canary.ass no.4canary.ass no.4 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No insult here kyplummer. [;)][:)]Note the sig-line on my postings.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No insult to me kyplumer. I proudly have a sig-line used with my alternate persona, as noted by my friend and close associate, No. 4 in The Order of The Brethren of The Canary *.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    btt of sorts, i am going to have some time to get it all organized and ready to use for whatever uses. haven't seen much interest before but thought maybe if i got the framework done it'd spark something so, let me know whether it's in vain or what.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Max, I say fire it out there and let's see what bounces back. Who knows, might be the start of something good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Max, I say fire it out there and let's see what bounces back. Who knows, might be the start of something good.
    Agreed JP.

Max, I am a moron relative to computer stuff, but the concept of a forum/domain for The Brethren, sparks interest from me. Thanks for the effort. Now if someone who knows WTH can step up and organize this thing, I am in with whatever meager talents I can muster.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bluntly, as an old fart, I just barely grasp what we are talking about.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Bluntly, as an old fart, I just barely grasp what we are talking about.
    [:D][:D]I am pretty much flat-out running to catch up to this techno-train also Highball. The slang "IGNERNT" comes to mind for myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great. I am working still on some general preliminaries that are irrelevant, but as soon as I am done with the basics -- that'll be couple of days or so -- I'll show some ideas and see what'll fly.

HB -- Like I mentioned in the very beginning, I've registered domain names for you guys: canaryass.com/net/org and canaryasses.com/net/org, they all point to the same place, so it's a "canaryass.com" or "canaryasses.com", I'll donate my time/webspace/etc. to get it running and maintained, so you can have blogs, place to post more or less permanent articles, etc, a communication portal of sorts. For the paranoid (like I am) it can be made very secure.

But, I'll need some ideas, like slogans and ideas and suggestions on graphics, logos, etc. I wouldn't put guns all over the place, but I was thinking something along the lines of the following:

http://www.regent.edu/general/library/about_the_library/news_publications/images/ConstitutionDayPic.PNG

http://www.camdencc.edu/tlc/constitution/art/constitution_quill_pen.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xPTW54iRfMg/Rvqch4H53VI/AAAAAAAABDU/DwbnPyqFMMs/s400/Constitution2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The flag banner with Washington looks good to me...with the possible exception of 'ol George. He hated the Militia...doesn't seem fitting to have him there.

Perhaps the lower picture might be Ron Paul. The best we have today, standing in the political arena. Perhaps we could have a bit of imput for the other picture...or both.

I like the KyPlumber picture of the Canary with the alligator jaws...perhaps it could be photo-shopped to have claws like an Eagle...or an owl.

Any remember the old 'Kilroy was here' picture ? Long ago, I tried to get a good picture set up like that on a small sticky label...with the words ' Little brother IS watching" slogan...Imagine that sticky being put on signs, windows, cars, ect......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd also opt to not have George pictured, for a variety of reasons. He, Hamilton and others were big, central government proponents. I am more of the "Jeffersonian" persuasion, personally.

Agreed on somehow fitting the alligator mouthed canary, perched on an EBR, as a symbol of the Brethren. Beyond that, I am open to a broad range of imagery.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Coolio. No G.W. ([}:)]). I am sure logos/banners will evolve over time.

Now, would you guys prefer this type of look and feel:

http://www.punker.org/joomla/

or something that looks like most bloggish sites or wikipedia (for content)?

Not sure if "forums" section is necessary, it can simply redirect over to this forum, but could put together something that is private and secure (encrypted) if needed.

Same goes for email/webmail -- just let me know if it's desired/needed.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had that pic (back when I was just a fledgling canary) of the "Allligator mouth canary", I still can't work out how to post pics (I tried the whole webshots thing, and no go) I can e-mail it to one of my less "photologically challenged" brothers and see if it passes muster........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The flag banner with Washington looks good to me...with the possible exception of 'ol George. He hated the Militia...doesn't seem fitting to have him there.

I never saw anything with Washington in it, but frankly I'm surprised at this statement...surprised, but not offended, so don't take it in that manner.

I'm just surprised that you would express any hostility towards the "Father of our Country", especially since Washington's attitudes towards the colonial militia had more to do with their running at the drop of a hat than any opinions towards an armed citizenry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm just surprised that you would express any hostility towards the "Father of our Country", especially since Washington's attitudes towards the colonial militia had more to do with their running at the drop of a hat than any opinions towards an armed citizenry
    Most country folks were adverse to marching across open fields into the mouths of cannon and the muskets of the best trained open field soldiers in the world. They preferred to snipe from behind trees, and the running ambush warfare.
    Washington was a gentleman. He fought like a gentlemen.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Washington was a gentleman. He fought like a gentlemen.

I think the Hessians at Trenton would beg to differ.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Max,......very nice of you to do this.
    Will all of the info posted be transmitted to Putin?

You know that was a joke, so don't even get fired up, you sneaky russian you![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update? I have typed the adress into my browser, and there is something there. What comes next?
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I may offer a suggestion, I feel the Canary should hold a evil black rifle in one claw, and a copy of the US Constitution in the other. Wish I was savy to this internet stuff to help out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Update? I have typed the adress into my browser, and there is something there. What comes next?

Yeah, just a page that it's under construction kinda deal. Hoping to resolve my domestic situation so that I can dedicate more time to it without any distraction.

quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    If I may offer a suggestion, I feel the Canary should hold a evil black rifle in one claw, and a copy of the US Constitution in the other. Wish I was savy to this internet stuff to help out.

I like that.

Now a few of big questions:

1) email, do you guys want email @canaryass(es).com/org/net

2) how paranoid are you? should I set it up so that emails are exchanged encrypted?

3) mailing lists?

4) organization. Someone has to be editor/administrator for it, approve and edit what goes on the front page, manage articles, sections of the site, users, etc. It's super easy, no specific computer knowledge is required to do so. Should probably be discussed in private, so any takers, just email me and we'll it all up.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2) how paranoid are you? should I set it up so that emails are exchanged encrypted?

Smart-*[:(!]