In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You guys see the new website?

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
Max has it up and running!!! The crocodile/canary (canodile? croconary? Canarigator?[:0] [:D][:D]) is awesome!!!

Comments

• Options
    afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately not much yet to look at, but that's where everyone's contribution comes in.

I wish I had a bit more time and resources to work on it, maybe in the next few weeks it'll look a lot nicer with some nifty graphics and stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Max, you create an account for me?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did ya get my email yesterday, had a question there. You can register yourself now also.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Nope...'no address found' is all I get.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball, http://www.canaryass.com/ ?

Been working for a while now...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, okay...got there. When I copied the addresses out of the thread, no luck.
    No matter...looks damn good. Will look it over some more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some stuff ain't there yet. Forum for one, battling with it right now... If there anything you want to publish, go ahead. Stuff like personal pages and blogs will be coming up soon too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a forum is the limit of my abilities at this point[;)]

It's not sending me the activation link[:(!] hope I didn't mistype my email.[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff, Bert, you both are activated now. Just try logging in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    I'm in.

I'm not.
    No activation email.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It took mine 9 mins. Max says it should have been instant, something is wired wrong or something. He had to manually put me in. May have to do the same for you until the bugs are worked out. I get the impression that this is a massive undertaking for him. Heckuvaguy for doing it. Don't know how we rate so good, but it is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never got the e-mail, either...he entered me somehow, also. Seems my e-mail lags quite a bit, sometimes. Gives somebody time to read 'em over, I guess.

Oddly enough, the website might be a bit late. There appears to be a marked loss of interest in the C.A.s. There doesn't seem to be enough of them interested enough to even vote on a new member...or discuss changes in procedures that might be needed.

It may well have run its' course here. Was never intended as anything except a joke, at the beginning...and the joke might be getting old, in some members minds.
    There are several reasons that spring to mind over the lack of interest...but there is no feedback to ascertain those reasons, so speculation is pointless, I guess.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I never got the e-mail, either...he entered me somehow, also. Seems my e-mail lags quite a bit, sometimes. Gives somebody time to read 'em over, I guess.

Oddly enough, the website might be a bit late. There appears to be a marked loss of interest in the C.A.s. There doesn't seem to be enough of them interested enough to even vote on a new member...or discuss changes in procedures that might be needed.

It may well have run its' course here. Was never intended as anything except a joke, at the beginning...and the joke might be getting old, in some members minds.
    There are several reasons that spring to mind over the lack of interest...but there is no feedback to ascertain those reasons, so speculation is pointless, I guess.

I hope it hasn't "run its course" as an educational tool and site. You have a great opportunity to educate and attract like minded individuals. My only suggestion is, while never compromising your beliefs, engage in discussion with the uninformed and convince with your logic and evidence. I know that there are those who truly can be brought around and those who are arguing for the sake of the fight. Discern, teach, but don't cast your pearls before swine.

Here's hoping you have success.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still highly interested in my "canaryhood", and still pay attention to our issues. I may be one of few, but count myself proud to be among that number. Even if others interest wains, I'm hanging on to my membership until such time as others see fit to remove me[:D] Our club may be tongue in cheek, but our issues are anything but so I say let's stay the course[;)]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My account is working fine.
    Max,.......I added rtkba to the meta search string.
    Hope that was ok![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Site looks great. I would love to participate at least as a sideline member.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I signed up, but 2 hours later no confirmation e-mail or anything.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever

Scott,.......sign in now.
    I registered you.

Don #3 should be enabled now also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark, you know how to do all this already? You da man!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never got the email, but I can log in now. Hmmmmm.......

Whether the Canary * joke has ran it's course, and remains or not, I don't think it will change the beliefs of the members. Once the eyes have been opened, shutting them again, is out of the question. (the blue pill, or the red pill) You can't go back.

One thing is has done, which will not change, is show that there are others who believe in that which this country was founded on. Those that are not afraid to stand up to the criticism of the sheeple. It is heartening to know, either as a group, or individually, you are not alone.

Disbanded or not, the job remains. We are teachers, we will continue to try to educate. Sometimes our words fall on deaf ears, sometimes they do not. Even if only a small percentage open their minds to the possibility of a different reality, it makes it all worthwhile.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by rkba4ever

Scott,.......sign in now.
    I registered you.

Don #3 should be enabled now also.

Awesome, I am in!

I do have a bit of experience with the YAF (Yet Another Forum) software. It should not be too hard to spruce the appearance up. I am looking forward to this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awesome, I'm In!!! Actually, I'm kind of stoked about this. Our mission (so to speak) about educating could really reach even more people now.

Let freedom ring!![8D]

And let me not forget to add a BIG thanks to Max for getting this together, I know I would never be able to do something like this. I am such the technical bozo (how was it that Jeff put it? a technical moron or something like that?). very cool imho.........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Never got the email, but I can log in now. Hmmmmm.......

Whether the Canary * joke has ran it's course, and remains or not, I don't think it will change the beliefs of the members. Once the eyes have been opened, shutting them again, is out of the question. (the blue pill, or the red pill) You can't go back.

One thing is has done, which will not change, is show that there are others who believe in that which this country was founded on. Those that are not afraid to stand up to the criticism of the sheeple. It is heartening to know, either as a group, or individually, you are not alone.

Disbanded or not, the job remains. We are teachers, we will continue to try to educate. Sometimes our words fall on deaf ears, sometimes they do not. Even if only a small percentage open their minds to the possibility of a different reality, it makes it all worthwhile.

We need to stop the negativity IMHO,.......give it some more time.
    Some are simply busy trying to maintain their livelihood, and others are worried about it.

If I am wrong, I do believe what Pick said to be the truth, and good was done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where do you see "who" is logged in?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok....where's "admin"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok....where's "admin"?

You have mail.
  • Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No email but logged on.
    I cant wait to see it take shape. T/Y Max
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So you can't get there from the home page? How did you find it?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I registered about 5 min ago, no e-mail yet. Site looks like a good start! I found the "FAQ" section somewhat confusing, though. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It looks like hosting has issues with email, I am working it out. I enabled couple of new users that just registered, Rocklobster, you should be able to log in now.

FAQ is a bit confusing, I agree, but, feel free to make it less so [:D]

Forum is functional over there, but it's not finished yet, I am still working on properly displaying it.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Thank God for your new website. Now maybe the trash can be taken out to the curb where it belongs. I predict you ignorant * will be overwhelm with the lack of response you will receive. This is how putting your crazy ideas and offering it in the community of citizens will give you a true opinion of how much ( or how little) your ideas are worth.

In short, if you have a new idea, offer it in the marketplace of ideas and see if you have any buyers.
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Now maybe the trash can be taken out to the curb where it belongs.

Good tr maybe you can pick up a john or two while you're out there ![:0][:D]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yeah. Maybe. But doubtful as I try my best to avoid dealing with trash.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Yeah. Maybe. But doubtful as I try my best to avoid dealing with trash.

Except the NRA...huh?[:0][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Jeff,.....I just came back from a 50 mile round trip.
    I found the info in the Joomla documents that I have been reading a bit of.

Did I hear a cricket chirping a post or so above?[:0]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by trfox:

Thank God for your new website. Now maybe the trash can be taken out to the curb where it belongs. I predict you ignorant * will be overwhelm with the lack of response you will receive. This is how putting your crazy ideas and offering it in the community of citizens will give you a true opinion of how much ( or how little) your ideas are worth.

In short, if you have a new idea, offer it in the marketplace of ideas and see if you have any buyers.

See, tr, that's just it; the ideas we have are nothing new. We can trace their origins back a little over two centuries.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Just a cockroach scurrying away from the light ![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Jeff,.....I just came back from a 50 mile round trip.
    I found the info in the Joomla documents that I have been reading a bit of.

You don't know the difference between a cricket and a sheep?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Isn't it ironic how every third post trfake whines about how everybody "else" is always calling names....what a worthless boob.
    Don't turn your back on her. She's a classic example of turncoat, and will be the first to turn folks in for a pat on the head.

She will point every single one of us out, first chance she gets.