In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Re: H.R. 45

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
I heard a blurb on the news that the "Holt Bill" AKA H.R.45 has been "folded into" the so-called "stimulus package." Anybody have any info on this, and what it means?

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The azzholes that voted on it don't even know what it contains!

All kinds of fun buried in that "package" I bet.[}:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. They are crooks. What should happen to cerooks? Uh huh.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps things are picking up speed even faster than we originally thought they might under the messiah........ perhaps we'll see (as HIghball might say) if there are enough Men left in America, or if the nation just rolls over and contiunues to beg for the ability to excersize what used to rights..............
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    I heard a blurb on the news that the "Holt Bill" AKA H.R.45 has been "folded into" the so-called "stimulus package." Anybody have any info on this, and what it means?

That would explain why it was being pushed through at light speed...how many Congressmen and Senators actually READ this before voting on it???

Well, "F" it. If it is true that HR 45 is now law, I am now an outlaw.

And damned proud to be one.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If has been "folded into the shaftingus bill as the good representative from NH says, then it has started and so shall we.

Lance
  • Options
    afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

I am going through H.R.1 right now and don't see any mention of firearms. Don't believe everything you hear on the news. [:)]
  • Options
    stevea2003stevea2003 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have read most of what they have released about the "screw us again bill".
    There was no mention of any firearms.
    There are several real bad parts especially the health care registration provisions. Take a look at this page.
    "The National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure the doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective so as to reduce costs and "help guide" the doctor's decisions (p.442, 446). Hospitals and doctors that are not "meaningful users" of the new system will face penalties by the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose "more stringent measures of meaningful use over time" (p.511, 518, 540-541). The Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research ($1.1 billion)[27] (p.190-192) will slow the development and use of new medications and technologies because they are expensive. Medicare would apply a cost-effective standard set by the Federal Council for the elderly (p.464).[28] Drugs "that are found to be less effective and in some cases, more expensive, will no longer be prescribed." It approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit. Treatments for younger patients are more often approved than treatments for diseases that affect the elderly, such as osteoporosis.[29]"

These new rules were not brought up in any reports I found.

There was not a single person that read the revised version before they voted yesterday.

Pathetic.

Here is a link to a summary of the bill - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009
  • Options
    fitzx2fitzx2 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just did a full text search of the bill on the word "Firearm". It appears only once in relation to money appropriated for the "ATF Project Gunrunner".

Doesn't seem to be in here. Also, I understand that HR 45 is is languishing in committee with still no co-sponsors. Seems it will dies a lonely death same as it did last year.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here you go....
    The crap is just about to hit the fan.
    Dig your heels in now.
    http://www.infowars.com/dems-use-"stimulus"-as-cover-for-more-gun-control/
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    Here you go....
    The crap is just about to hit the fan.
    Dig your heels in now.
    http://www.infowars.com/dems-use-"stimulus"-as-cover-for-more-gun-control/

Could you please point out where exactly in H.R.1 is H.R.45 so wonderfully hidden?
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must be hidden really well because I can't find it.

There is another posability... that the version posted online isn't the version that was voted on and is due to be signed tomorrow.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chappsyny
    There is another posability... that the version posted online isn't the version that was voted on and is due to be signed tomorrow.

Yup, if they "inserted" something at the "last minute" then it will not be in previous copies. Until that copy surfaces, it nothing but a rumor.