In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FOID card HELP!!!!!

justmarvjustmarv Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I had my FOID card taken away 24 yrs. ago due to a felony.I had been drinking and took the gun away from an over zealous officer that had pulled me over for speeding. The fact that it was an officer made it an aggravated assault,if it had been just anyone I would have been charged with battery.I recieved 2 yrs probation and so far 24 years of my constitutional rights being denied.I petitioned the circut court as states in the statute,I was denied, that was in 2005.I have repetitioned only to be told that 735 ILCS 5/2-619(4)is the objection(which means that this petition is barred by the prior judgement). Is there anyone that you know that has any information as to the validity of this objection by the States Attorney? Maybe when we are all no longer allowed by the judiciary to possess firearms someone will have an answer! justmarv since 3-12-56