In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Obama to seek assault weapons ban

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=1
I particularly enjoyed
""I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."
Glad to see Obama not only wants to take care of the USA, but he also seeks to take care of Mexico.
I do enjoy the bipartisianship- Both Obama, George Bush, and for that matter McPain, all agree the assault weapons ban should be permanent.
This will be a wonderful opportunity for the GOP and the Dems to get together in the spirit of bipartisanship.

Comments

• afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    warms your heart doesn't it?

I certainly do hope the ban will be reinstated and HR45 and alike bills will pass.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly do hope the ban will be reinstated and HR45 and alike bills will pass.

As do I.

When that happens, it will force folks to come down off the fence, and go to one side or the other, deciding if they are an American or not.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

When that happens, it will force folks to come down off the fence, and go to one side or the other, deciding if they are an American or not.

I don't think these type of explanations are necessary. If it ain't obvious enough, I personally, wouldn't care much to hear from those types. [:X]
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess some of us weren't wrong about the current adminstrations true intentions. Wonder if the Fudds still think there deer rifles are safe from this crew..............
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their agenda is CLEAR.....

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, on CBS "60 Minutes": "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

Think she will get the votes........this time?
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

As do I.

Amen Brother !
    I have been doing personal interviews with people now for about the last couple of months. Not just people I know, but people I meet in line at the check out register, pumping gas, picking up dry cleaning, getting my oil changed.......ect. Most people seem to be madder than hell about what this current Govenment is treatening to do with our GUNS and CONTROLING them. Most of these people are either flat out lying to me, or we are going to be in one hell of a fight !
    Yes - it is then that we will find out just who has been pounding on the key board.....and those that are truely an AMERICAN PATRIOT !
    Abort Cuomo
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, on CBS "60 Minutes": "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

Their agenda is clear, but the methods will be devious. First things, bans on certain types of guns, mag sizes and bayonet lugs. Then they will raise taxes on ammo, components and guns themselves. Each step will be met by yawns by the majority of people while our leaders increasingly criminalize constitutionally legal behavior. Our resistance is to be prepared and wait. Ultimately they will come and, will be surprised by the numbers of Americans who meet them prepared. I also believe that by the time we get to that point, many LEO's and Armed Forces folks will not be willing to turn on their fellow citizens.

I fear for this country for we are headed, as things look now, toward depression and revolution. I just hope it is the New American revolution of the framers and not the angry mob revolution of the French. One led to the Constitution and the greatest country the world has ever seen and the other led to the guillotine and mob rule.
  • timsgunsohiotimsgunsohio Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF a person has to come down from the fence to decide whether or not they are American, sorry, AN AMERICAN.......maybe they should take the citizenship test before they try to get here from Mexico!

IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN ISSUE LIKE THE SECOND AMENDMENT TO COME ALONG FOR YOU TO DECIDE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS AND YOUR DEPTH OF "AMERICANISM"....YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THE UNITED STATES TO BEGIN WITH. MAYBE FRANCE OR IRAN WOULD RATHER BE YOUR CHOICE OF CITIZENSHIP? PICK A SIDE AND DIE FOR IT!
  • Mk23Mk23 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soon after that, Nancy Pelosi said 'We need to enforce the laws we have'.

Click here for link

Edited only to shorten link.
    edited November -1
    Click here for link

I think this is the difference between appointed officials and elected officials.

Some people are feeling the same heat they felt when they were booted out in 1994.

Edited only to shorten link.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Amen, this is business as usual for them. They are some of the most ruthless and shameless people on this planet. But there are SO MANY people who just want to believe the best and every thing is warm and fuzzy as long as no one bothers their little world. Unfortunately many of those people who use to not vote do now (more than once if the candidate is of their race) so we are no longer in the majority, they are!!![V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    Unfortunately many of those people who use to not vote do now (more than once if the candidate is of their race) so we are no longer in the majority, they are!!![V]

Want some cheese that whine? Why don't move to kalifornia and complain how you're not a majority over there?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by afartinthewind
    Unfortunately many of those people who use to not vote do now (more than once if the candidate is of their race) so we are no longer in the majority, they are!!![V]

Want some cheese that whine? Why don't move to kalifornia and complain how you're not a majority over there?

I believe 'a fart in the wind' describes you very well!!![;)]
    Did I hear a fart in the wind, or was that just me imagining it!!![}:)]
    edited November -1

I believe 'a fart in the wind' describes you very well!!![;)]
    Did I hear a fart in the wind, or was that just me imagining it!!![}:)]

...and so witty! [xx(]
    edited November -1
    While you two battle it out over pessimisms (is that a word?), I'm going to try and make my point again.

Both Pelosi and Reid are politically spanking Holder over his Assault Weapons Ban remark.

They may have the power now, but they STILL FEAR US. US. Law abiding gun owners.

THEY STILL FEAR US.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:I fear for this country for we are headed, as things look now, toward depression and revolution. I just hope it is the New American revolution of the framers and not the angry mob revolution of the French. One led to the Constitution and the greatest country the world has ever seen and the other led to the guillotine and mob rule.

Excellent point. I'm afraid that we're looking at that very thing. This time King George's troops won't be required to spend three months sailing across the Atlantic Ocean to get to us, and march through unfamiliar territory. Today they're also well-trained in guerilla tactics.
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No thanks we already have to many people that half@ss the 2A.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Deadred707

No thanks we already have to many people that half@ss the 2A.

Well, Mexico then.
    edited November -1
    Did I hear a fart in the wind? Yes I can smell it now too?
    PU!!![:D]
    edited November -1

oh my gawd you are hilarious, have you ever tried stand up comedy? [xx(]
    edited November -1

oh my gawd you are hilarious, have you ever tried stand up comedy? [xx(]

You are the comedian. Why would you use this as a 'handle' here or any where????[?]
    By the way I have really thick skin, you have to get better at the insults if you want to get to me!!![8)]