In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Will there be an AWB?

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
I posted this on the General Discussions board, but it didn't generate much concern there. I guess what I was hoping for was more fodder & in put I could use to combat these smucks.

I frequent a local Sportsmen's forum that is sponsored by a local Syracuse NY news paper.

There has been a lot of talk recently about the AWB. There are actually some sportsmen who don't believe the Obama administration will bring the bill back up, and some who think like Jim Zumbo did about these evil black guns.

Below are a few posts from some clown that goes by (WallyS), and my reply to him. He has yet to answer back. I think I scared him off.

Trinity +++

WHAT BAN?:

The Obama administration has never called for a ban on semi-auto guns or any other guns for that matter. What the heck were they talking about. People making stuf up again.

WallyS

PROtest 2nd ADMENDMENT:

Unless I missed something he says he will support 2nd ammendment while banning assault weapons. I have yet to use, or have I ever seen another sportsmen, use an assault weapon in the woods. Those guns have no place in our society. Oh thats right you are the same guys that think QDM is just to grow bigger antlers. Wake up guys.

WallyS

AND YOU ARE?:

Jim Zumbo?

I see you can't even spell amendment, but what part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" don't you understand?

Who are you to tell me what I can or can not hunt with or what I can own?

Ignorant people really pi$$ me off, especially when it comes to Gun Ownership, and Gun control. Sportsmen who are clueless about the topic have caused more harm to erode our Constitutional Rights then any other group.

The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with modern sport hunting.

So called "Assault Weapons" are seldom used in a crime. The gun grabbers learned this from their last attempt to take or property. Now they have increased the list of what they classify as an "Assault Weapon". It is no longer just military style firearms. These so called evil guns do exactly what your deer rifle does, and if you reduce the magazine capacity they are legal to take into your woods to hunt with.

And, as far as QDM goes, I have yet to be told of a good recipe for Antler Soup. QDM is for "Trophy Hunters". QDM is like Global Warming. It is Junk science. It isn't a proven method for improving the genetics of the deer heard. It will cause bigger antler growth, but even a retarded homosexual deer with CWD can grow large antlers!

Trinity +++

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Trinity ;
    Looks to me like you covered lots of bases, there..got it well in hand.
    Perhaps a small education about the meaning of 'Shall Not Be Infringed"..and hammering on the fact that those assualt weapons ARE the weapons covered under the Second.

Good job, all in all, tho.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Trinity -

there are plenty of the Zumbo/Fudd types here in PA who would gladly support a ban on "assault rifles", yet claim they are against gun control and staunch supporters of the 2nd.

I guess "infringed" means something different to them than it does to me.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please remind them that out west we use the AR's, Mini 14's and such as a varmint getter and as a protector of livestock and out families against such (couger, coyotes, wolves, atc. That would be like saying we need to ban shotgun slug hunting because we don't do that outhere.

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to Nwcid, I posted this.

There has been a lot of talk here about how the proposed new Assault Weapons ban doesn't have any affect on the firearms that we hunt with.

The AWB is an attack on our right to own firearms. As a citizen of the US the second amendment of the Bill of Rights says we have the right to keep & bear arms. It says nothing about keeping only the arms we need to hunt with.

The 2nd amendment was enacted to help us protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. Not to be able to own an 870 pump shotgun to duck hunt with.

What amendment is it that protects our freedom to hunt? Since there is not one then we can not correlate it into the amendment that protects our freedom to own firearms.

Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

What are assault weapons for?

Because if you are going to cry out, "Say Hello To My Little Fren" and you are holding a bolt action .22, you have no style.

Anyone who would sacrifice freedom for security deserves neither!!!

Trinity +++
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fudds and Zumbos are an even BIGGER danger than the gun-grabbers - at least the grabbers KNOW what they believe in. You cannot, plain and simple, say you support the second amendment and still believe in banning ANY firearm. Try as they may to twist words, it comes down to one simple phrase "the right of THE PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will there be an AWB?

Although unconstitutional, as the other 20,000+ 'laws', I would imagine and expect a ban will be passed.

That said, 100% compliance with said ban is unrealistic.
  • Options
    stevea2003stevea2003 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pelosi said a few days ago "the time is not yet right".

That should answer any questions about the planning of the ban. That is the first incremental step of many.

I have learned a lot over the last month or so reading the responses on the forum. Hardball gave me a stearn talking to and caused me to go back and read the constitution.

Our leaders of the country are headed in the entirely wrong direction.

"but when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government, ...

Aren't we about in that situation now. We have government that does not listen to the people, especially the taxpayers.

"Shall not be infringed" is one of the many things that they have done wrong. People will not believe it is happening until it is done.

Our tax rates will go up and small business owners will layoff people to cut costs causing rising unemployment, lower tax revenue and more taxes to support the social programs.

We are in trouble.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Aren't we about in that situation now"

Is that a question? Do you want an honest answer?

YES!

Trinity +++
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    stevea2003;

Thank you for taking the trouble to go check it out.
    Now...don't let it slip away. Continue to educate yourself in the way of the Founders.

Ignore MOST of what you hear on the news, from the NRA, and EVERYBODY that promotes gun control.
    Gun control is a sign of mental illness in the people supporting it.

Yes..we have trouble. We ALSO have the chance to restore this Republic to the glory it deserves..if we are resolute.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And resolute we will HAVE to be if we want to right the ship of state from the current heading into the rocks.........