In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Transferring a gun from CA to AZ but im under 21.

CartwrightCartwright Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I know it is legal for me to purchase a handgun through a private sale in Arizona even though I am under 21. My father wants to transfer my guns that are registered to him in California. I know if he was an Arizona resident that we would have no problem doing this but since he lives in California we are unshure if this is even possible. So Is it possible for us to do this?

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Legal advise on the internet, is worth just what you pay for it.

Considering handguns must go through an FFL when crossing state lines, when changing owners, and you MUST be 21 years old to receive a handgun from an FFL. Looks like you may have to wait a few years.
  • Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you were both in Cali and you are over 18 you could do an "INTRA-FAMILIAL HANDGUN TRANSACTION" with no FFL but Im not sure about the interstate thing that has me stumped. Im always reading about getting guns into Kali never out of it.
  • Options
    CartwrightCartwright Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys guys. I acualy got it all figured out. Since I can purchase through a private sale here in az all he's gonna do is transfer them into my sisters name through a gun dealer and then I am going to "purchase" them from her since she is an arizona resident and over the age of 21.