In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping high cap mags to LEO in CA

jonearltjonearlt Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Can I ship a high capacity mag directly to an LEO in Los Angeles County, CA?

Comments

• Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonearlt
    I wouldn't. I would tell him if 10 rounds are good enough for the good citizens of the state they are good enough for him. Of course I am a meanie.
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How do you know for sure he is a LEO? His problem that he lives in a peoples republic.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    I wouldn't. I would tell him if 10 rounds are good enough for the good citizens of the state they are good enough for him. Of course I am a meanie.
    Yep.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1

Agreed, I would do the same. I like how Barrett refused to honor any service contracts held by police for .50 cal rifles in the state of Kalifornia. They even refused to ship their guns back to them to avoid breaking any laws there.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two Things. 1), Request something from his Dept. on a Dept. letterhead and a business card from him and whoever did his letter. It being LA, I would still be leary.
    2), I would also be curious as to why he is not getting them locally. I know that if I need some all I have to do is show my credentials and I can get what ever Magazines I want as long as I have the money.

2 Cents worth from a Federal LEO in N Kalifornia.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1

[;)]
  • Options
    melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would that be a Gay Habitat stamp
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who are you going to sell to went the rest of the USA has the same laws CA does??With all of the LEO'S getting shot with assault rifles and that wacout guy in PA going on a rampage because Obama is going to take away his AK 47 what do you think is going to happen.We are going to have reg. them because they are going to be banned just like Clinton did in the 80ies same thing with high caps.You can own high caps in CA if you had them before 99.You could have mags way before you had the gun as long as you had the mags before 99.Some people who don't sell to CA don't have a clue on how to sell to us here.They are missing out on alot of money.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PEZHEAD265
    Who are you going to sell to went the rest of the USA has the same laws CA does??With all of the LEO'S getting shot with assault rifles and that wacout guy in PA going on a rampage because Obama is going to take away his AK 47 what do you think is going to happen.We are going to have reg. them because they are going to be banned just like Clinton did in the 80ies same thing with high caps.You can own high caps in CA if you had them before 99.You could have mags way before you had the gun as long as you had the mags before 99.Some people who don't sell to CA don't have a clue on how to sell to us here.They are missing out on alot of money.
    that is lie asking what are you going to do when yourwife gets fat like Rosie.

Your state has bowed to the pressures and allowed these laws to be passed on it. The rest of the country (for the most part) has not, and will not kneel like the citizens of your state has.

As long as your government make a distinction between ammunition capacity for agents of the government and normal citizens I will not conduct transactions with either side
  • Options
    melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will just buy new, if my state gets worse, which will be difficult for I am rated in the top 5 for worst gun laws and restrictions.
  • Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PEZHEAD265

You dont get it do you. Its not all about the money its about whats right and whats un-constitutional.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1

+1[;)]
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Edited by pickenup

Well, didn't take long for the name calling to begin.