In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interesting CNN poll today

Lonestar86Lonestar86 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
CNN reported a poll they took yesterday that only 39% of those they sampled support gun control laws. They also reported a continuous decline in gun control support since 1994. Maybe the public is realizing that gun control is not the answer. Clearly more and more of our electorate is realizing this or they are justing laying low until the subject can be breached if public opinion starts to change.

Either way, for a liberal media outlet it was interesting to see.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real problem is the elitists/government WILL NOT do what the people want unless it fits their agend.[xx(]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Yeah, public opinion is simply an obstacle that must be bypassed.

Has anyone else around here noticed that there is a report of some deranged idiot shooting several people then himself almost every day here lately? Very interesting.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    The real problem is the elitists/government WILL NOT do what the people want unless it fits their agend.[xx(]
    A bigger problem is that the current crap of politicians will do what the people want.

We have a Constitution for a reason. If the people want something outside of its constraints they should be ignored.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    A bigger problem is that the current crap of politicians will do what the people want.

We have a Constitution for a reason. If the people want something outside of its constraints they should be ignored.

I didn't think of it that way but that's true too. [xx(]
  • Options
    ciwsguyciwsguy Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "A bigger problem is that the current crap of politicians will do what the people want."

I disagree. Politicians will do what the people want? Hello. Most of the people (about 2/3 of us) want oil drilling within our own borders and off-shore to tap domestic energy reserves. But are we allowed to do that? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why? Because of the politicians with no gonads on the subject.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Problem with the telephone polls (not telephone poles!) is that when they call, the people that WORK FOR A LIVING are not there- or are asleep from working midnights.

They are sampling (in many cases) the drones that are watching daytime TV, and have the IQ of a butternut squash.

I love how they take a poll of 100 people, and claim that is representative of the entire country. I use 5 drawer filing cabinets to store ammo. I have 4 of them. So if I reach into a drawer at random, and pick up 5 cartridges, that will accurately predict the type/ quantity of ammo I have in all 20 drawers, right? Not bloody likely.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:They are sampling (in many cases) the drones that are watching daytime TV, and have the IQ of a butternut squash.

Mind if I use that as my sig? lol
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Problem with the telephone polls (not telephone poles!) is that when they call, the people that WORK FOR A LIVING are not there- or are asleep from working midnights.

They are sampling (in many cases) the drones that are watching daytime TV, and have the IQ of a butternut squash.

I love how they take a poll of 100 people, and claim that is representative of the entire country. I use 5 drawer filing cabinets to store ammo. I have 4 of them. So if I reach into a drawer at random, and pick up 5 cartridges, that will accurately predict the type/ quantity of ammo I have in all 20 drawers, right? Not bloody likely.

How dare you insult a poor defenseless vegetable that way![:p]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    bubbhabubbha Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the CNN poll is to cause more fear, that people don't want gun control. Strange but I thinks so