In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PA Governor Wants to Ban Assault Weapons

bkstarbkstar Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I just heard on the radio this morning that the Gov. of PA, where I live wants to ban all assault style weapons. He states that no one can hunt with them in PA, so they should be banned.. I urge everyone who reads this to contact the office & let them know that taking weapons away from law-abiding citizens will not deter the criminals intent on killing innocent people..

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:taking weapons away from law-abiding citizens will not deter the criminals intent on killing innocent people..Not personal to you sir, but I am sick and tired of gun owners playing into the argument posed by the anti-Constitution collectivists that infest America.

How about we simply and non-emotionally state that Amendment II to the US Constitution prohibits government from infringing on the "Right" to keep and bear arms; and that this "Right" is not related specifically to any function other than the prevention of tyranny in government.

"law-abiding citizen", "criminal", or "innocent people" do not enter into the equation, not...one...bit.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to mention, last I read, nowhere in the second amendment does it state gun for hunting are ok, it just says "the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Somehow we need to make these grabbers understand what shall not be infringed means, or we may be forced to show them why the second amendment was placed in the constitution to begin with...........
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got it guys!! No matter how many times I read the 2A it just doesn't say "We have the right to bear arms for hunting purposes only"
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    The he needs hanged in town square, after his trial by the citizens; Clearly a violation of his oath.
  • Options
    bubbhabubbha Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BURN THE WITCH ! [}:)]
  • Options
    don.bdon.b Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Sporting" ? "Hunting" ? Not mentioned at all in the 2nd. Amend., Bill Of Rights.
  • Options
    CommissarRobCommissarRob Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gov Rendell should brush up on his own state's Constitution as well.

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. " -Pennsylvania State Constitution
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the Gov. of PA, where I live, wants to ban all assault style weapons.

Folks confined to Hades want ice water.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Tell him to have a LEO'S cheesesteak and chilllll. 3 days in filthadelphia will have him handing out free firearms to anyone who wants one [xx(]
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The brilliant GUV said, " People don't hunt ducks with their AR-15's"

Gee, is it the lead bullets, or what?
  • Options
    ForceReconForceRecon Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK
    The brilliant GUV said, " People don't hunt ducks with their AR-15's"

Gee, is it the lead bullets, or what?

Why not? Do you folks need lessons in rifle marksmanship? [:D]