In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

April 19, 1775

wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
234 years ago, on this day, armed citizens at Lexington and Concord took their stand against oppression, and the shot that gave birth to a Republic was fired.

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set to-day a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those heroes dare
To die, or leave their childern free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Captain John Parker

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Shane, that almost always brings a tear of pride to this "extremist/suspected domestic terrorist's" eye.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Shane, that almost always brings a tear of pride to this "extremist/suspected domestic terrorist's" eye.[:)]

I reckon that even referring to those events will probably earn me a place on some 'list'.

So be it. I will be in good company.[;)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

I reckon that even referring to those events will probably earn me a place on some 'list'.

My Brother, the suspected domestic terrorist/extremist.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

My Brother, the suspected domestic terrorist/extremist.[:)]

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:wsfiredude Posted - 04/19/2009 : 3:36:35 PM
    234 years ago, on this day, armed citizens at Lexington and Concord took their stand against oppression, and the shot that gave birth to a Republic was fired.

Unfortunate that so few of the walking zombies in this country even know that it started on this day. Shane, you should repost in GD.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    quote:wsfiredude Posted - 04/19/2009 : 3:36:35 PM

Unfortunate that so few of the walking zombies in this country even know that it started on this day. Shane, you should repost in GD.

I did, as well in Politics.[;)]
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me as being marked by todays political enviornment. It was a great thing that happened on that day so long ago. Too bad it is a forgotten memory. Another is in the winds!

Lance
  • Options
    EMSguy11EMSguy11 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad that others care as much as I do. They say history goes in loops.. is it true? Will time tell?
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Something tells me the OBCA is of a certain on some "Watch List". I say if believing in the Constitution and the rights it enshrines (note, I do not say GRANTS as it does not grant rights, as we were BORN with them!!!) makes me a suspected terroist type, I say so be it as well!

So sayeth #5............
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    I read somewhere (probably here on the GB forums) that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, among other things, was being glossed over or outrightly omitted from modern history books. They are instead focusing on the mean and evil USA for dropping the A Bomb on Japan.

It is not surprising to me that these facts about our founding fathers, and Patriotism, are being removed from our classroom. There has been a NWO agenda for a long time, longer then I have been aware apparently. I did not first catch on until I found out that one of my daughters grade school teachers was explaining to the class why it was okay for some kids to have two daddy's or two mommy's. the light came on and I stared to become aware of the social conditioning flooding me on a daily basis.

Thanks for the post wsfiredude. We need more like it around this country and taught in our schools.