In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Topic of the 2nd Amendment is deeper

1shot1thrill1shot1thrill Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I will never agree with a philosophy which begs and allows the government (at any level) to choose which amendments are "unqualified" and which are not. That is basically wrong and it goes against every principle that our country was founded on. Liberals act as if the Constitution of the United States is some kind of Word document you can just cut and paste and edit."

Hopefully this will shed some light on why the topic of the 2nd Amendment is deeper than simply gun ownership.

The most fundamental of rights is the right to life. (please shelve the abortion issue for later) Our founding fathers believed that all of man's rights were branches of this basic truth. The right to life is unalienable; it cannot be forcibly denied, infringed upon, transferred, or renounced. (You do have the right to give it away though along with the rest of your brethren anti-gun sheep. Just don't insist that I join you.) Several countries have found that your road of "compromising core principles" is paved with good intentions and the bodies of its victims.

Our Constitution was not intended to become a replacement for natural law. The founders believed that charters only declared rights that already existed. They could not write a constitution, and declare it fundamental law, unless they had appealed to a higher form of unwritten law to justify their action. There is one fundamental right: the right to life. It is solely the pursuit of life's requirements that make the entire concept of "rights" possible.

The second amendment establishes the means by which ALL rights can and will be ultimately preserved. We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When threatened, anti-gun liberals choose to allow some form of government to intervene on their behalf. I choose self defense. There is nothing to interpret in the second amendment except that I have the right to
possess the means to protect my right to life.

They are not asking me to give up an inanimate object. They are telling me that I have to accept their values, principles, and morals. When they tell me my second amendment rights are unqualified, I interpret that as an attack on my right to life and the means of preserving it.

Now we all have to stand up as Patriots and become political activists because of all the throngs of sheep that live amongst us. You know the type. They have liberal arts degrees, work for government, or funded agencies, or worse liberal newspapers, and they adopt causes that are fashionable for something to do on the weekend. They fulminate against any form of gun ownership, the development of natural resources, trapping, hunting.........."like a legion of free-lance Constitutional scholars", all because someone in Hollywood made it popular, all the while compromising
core principles.

Dave Herrington - Fairbanks, Alaska

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Dave.
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Ill second that! Welcome aboard Dave!
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    welcome to the line of thinking that is currently considered incorrect by the majority. Perhaps with your help we shall win the majority back to the side of patriotism. If not, we don't need them anyway
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome, Dave.

I would only suggest that the 2nd Amendment is more about freedom and liberty than it is about life itself. Obviously one must remain breathing to experience liberty, but one can remain breathing without freedom.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:They are telling me that I have to accept their values, principles, and morals.Outstanding post. The above sums it all up superbly, but keep in mind that our opposition have no values or morals, and principles are what is under attack - the principles upon which our republic was founded.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's good to see a few "new guys" now and then that have an induvidualist understanding of the constitution. Hopefully this will spread to more and more "sheeple" as they become infuriated with the iron * rule.

Stick around Dave[:)]