In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can I (non FFL)Ship a Ruger Mini 14 to a FFL in CA

kruizer06kruizer06 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I sold a Ruger Ranch Mini 14 here on GB. Guy wants it shipped to his FFL in CA. I stated in my listing that I do not ship to CA he bought it any ways.

1. According to CA's CFIC program as I understand it if I go from FL FFL to CA FFL, the FL FFL has to reguster with the CA CFIC and get an approval code/letter right?

2. However if I find a CA FFL willing to accept said Ruger Mini 14 from an individual (meaning a Non-FFL holder), as long as I include my ID and shipped it with Fed Ex I can do this? Is this correct???

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yes, your FFL would have to be registered.

I am unsure of Kommiefornia law in regaurds to a Mini 14. You would have to know if they are on an aproved list.

Either way, I wouldn't mess with the seller. He broke your auction terms. I myself, would relist, and ask GB for a return of fees.
  • Options
    ctaylor1450ctaylor1450 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with freemind refuse the sell and get your fees back from GB. Tell the buyer to read the auction terms next time and come back when his state decides to rejoin the union.
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A non FFL can ship it to a FFL here in CA.The minni 14 is legal but no hi cap mags 5 or 10 shot only can be sold in the state.You can ship it to a FFL here with no problem.
  • Options
    vlsgmcvlsgmc Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A non FFL can ship a rifle to a Kalifornia FFL without applying for an CFLC. This program does not apply to type 03 and 06 FFLs either. See the FAQ section on the Kali state web site:
    http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php

Contact the FFL before shipping and speak with them about the transfer.

A standard mini-14 can be transfered to Kalifornia as long as it doesn't have any evil features that would make it a Kali AW.
    Prohibited features:
    pistol grip
    forward vertical grip
    flash suppressor
    folding or collapsable stock
    thumb hole stock
    grenade or flare launcher

It also must be at least 30 inches long. See the flowchart here for more detail: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.html

AND, no magazine with greater than 10 round capacity. There is, of course, a way around this also. Disassembled magazines can be sold to the politically disadvantaged people of Kalifornia for use in repairing hi-cap magazines that were legally owned prior to the ban. Make sure the magazine type was even made prior to the ban ie, XDM 12 round mags were not.
  • Options
    rstbkt69rstbkt69 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 month ago I bought a gun from a citizen in PA off GB. He sent the gun with the copy of my FFL's paperwork to the local FFL. At first they asked if he was a company because he used his wifes company shipping account to ship it. I gave them his name and address and they said that that was fine. In fact it was easier. I have the gun and they are still in business. I don't know what is wrong with your FFL. Is he in business or does he just maintain his ffl to buy his own toys.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kruizer06
    I sold a Ruger Ranch Mini 14 here on GB. Guy wants it shipped to his FFL in CA. I stated in my listing that I do not ship to CA he bought it any ways.

Advise him to go pound sand.

You are the seller. You laid out the rules in the auction description, and the buyer broke them.

I would email the buyer, and suggest that he secures possession of a dictionary. Encourage him to look up the definition of the words 'will', 'not', 'ship', 'to', and 'California', and perhaps he will gain an understanding of what those words mean when combined, respectively, in a phrase or a clause.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Make him pay extra to find a FFL in your area that will ship it to him. If not well you tried.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Shipping guns is much simpler than most realize.

If you ship a firearm via USPS, it will be shipped WITHOUT INSPECTION and NO ONE will know what was in the box. Obviously you would want to break the gun down so that its not in that long box that looks like a gun. Even then, they won't inspect it or x-ray it to discover its contents.

I get my information from my local post office inspector who says that once the box is sealed, it can't be looked in unless it smells of contraband (drugs, large sums of money, etc). Guns slip by ALL THE TIME. I know first hand.[;)]

Just a tip from your Uncle LDean![;)][;)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    it can't be looked in unless it smells of contraband (drugs, large sums of money, etc).
    Just wondering, what does "large sums of money" smell like? [:o)] [:D][:D]
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    it can't be looked in unless it smells of contraband (drugs, large sums of money, etc).
    Just wondering, what does "large sums of money" smell like? [:o)] [:D][:D]

Couldn't tell you-Been so long since I've had more than one bill in my hand ...
    [:(]