In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No AWB for Obama

phm14phm14 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:In this Nov. 2008 photo, a soldier stands guard during a presentation of seized weapons. Mexico insists the U.S. do more to stop the gun smuggling that is arming the world's most powerful drug cartels with U.S. assault rifles.
    I say mexico should do more to stop the smuggling of drugs that are arming our streets with crime/drugs.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i say our military should close the border & deport all illegals then massico couldn't blame us for their sheet
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I say just ban all guns and take up gardening
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    No, our new president has too many other fish to fry at present. He will need to finish the demise of the banking industry, free enterprise, health care, and our national sovereignty before he can find time to destroy the firearms industry.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    phm14:

I'm just passing through and saw your post. Don't take much comfort in what you read there. To drop your guard and "Think" it's some sort of victory in dangerous. Watch the left hand!!!

During his campaign, Obama told voters, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." He was apparently lying. At a news conference he stated that "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear... I think people can take me at my word."

What he didn't tell you was how many MORE hoops you'll have to jump through to maintain that "Lawful" status!!!

I really don't think we can trust him at all!! Remember, this is the same man who felt the Washington, D.C., handgun ban was Constitutional, before that ban was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court. After that, in June 2008, he said the handgun ban "went beyond Constitutional limits." He also denied having ever said the handgun ban was Constitutional, although previously in February 2008 he had agreed - on video - that he had said that. Not only has he been evasive, he apparently has come down on the side of this issue which infringes our rights.

Do you feel comfortable making your medical records available to the government? I sure don't, but it's now the law of the land. This will lead to government attempts to ban guns from folks who have sought (or will seek) treatment for certain conditions. This has already been done to our military veterans, via HR 2640 (the "Veterans Disarmament Act"), which became law in 2007 and permanently strips gun ownership rights from U.S. military veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, or who have Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - and these aren't the only conditions that allow the government to disarm our vets.

Gun Owners of America reported that even before HR 2640 became law, up to 140,000 veterans have ALREADY BEEN DISARMED by using twisted interpretations of the federal code. That was released by Congress' own research team -- the Congressional Research Service.

I believe this policy of disarmament could be easily applied to all citizens of the USA -- and that some in the Federal government wish to do so.

There's a land bill, S. 22, which would expand the umbrella of land covered by the National Park Service. Because NPS bans gun possession on most of its land, this creates huge new areas of the US in which it would be illegal to have a gun - including 650 miles of public highways turned into an anti-gun zone by designating it a "historic trail." The route would run from Rhode Island to Virginia, including portions of U.S. Route 1 and Interstate 95, and would pass through a number of metropolitan areas.

Most far-reaching and blatant of all the recently-proposed anti-gun legislation is HR 45, has been referred to committee in the House of Representatives. HR 45 is incredible in its breadth and depth. It would create a government database of gun owners, make you a criminal if you don't register your gun(s), criminalize the act of moving your residence without reporting it to the government, require a photo ID gun license, requires a thumbprint, training, and disclosure of gun storage method, would make a criminal of you if your gun is lost or stolen and you don't report it - and on top of all that, it would require each gun owner to pay a fee for all of this reaming! There's more, but you get the idea.

It was introduced by Rep. Bobby Rush, born in Georgia, now a politician in Illinois. Rush was a founding member of the Black Panthers. Apparently, Rush wishes to impose totalitarian - some say Marxist - measures upon the American people. HR 45 is a mass of un-Constitutional, anti-freedom garbage that would strip from the People our ability to actually defend ourselves against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Believe me, this is not about crime control. If criminals could be controlled by gun laws, past legislation would have done so. They can't, and it hasn't.

The only way HR 45 is about crime is that it's been introduced by a convicted criminal, in a criminal attempt to oppress Americans. Rush served six months in jail in 1969 - ironically, as the result of illegal weapons charges.

With that said: I think HR 45 has been thrown forward at this time in an attempt to distract us from the things that are slipping through the cracks and becoming laws - the things which don't sound as bad at first, but which eventually will amount to the same thing.

From the high office of the White House, Obama continues to seek ways in which to restrict our rights. In this case, according to a recent AP article, he's seeking Senate ratification of a Clinton-era treaty called the "INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS."

This treaty was signed by Bill Clinton in 1997, but was never ratified by the Senate. It's my humble opinion that the pushing of this treaty and other freedom-restricting measures can only mean that what's being sought here is increased government control over all of us law-abiding citizens. There's just no other reason to push for these and other measures, especially at a time when we're facing a terrible financial crisis.

The really scary part is the "Treaty" only needs to be ratified by the Senate and it becomes "The Law Of The Land"!!! With Spectors defection and Franken on his way, a philibuster-proof Senate will most likely ratify the treaty with or without an irate public outpouring against it. They'll simply pull it out in the dark of night and hold a voice vote so there is NO RECORD of who voted yes and who voted no!!! A tactic perfected by Reid and Schumer on previous "Gun-control Bills".

I didn't mean to burst your bubble but it sounded like you needed to know some facts.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Rush was a founding member of the Black Panthers. Apparently, Rush wishes to impose totalitarian - some say Marxist - measures upon Whitey.Fixed it for you.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by phm14
    Best news I've heard all day...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30389664/

Don't get too cozy with that news ...

What do you use to shoot firearms with?

Yeap, and they are very heavily considering an extremely high tax and tracking mechanisms that will show who has what ammo and where. Each bullet will be "chipped" for the tracking and the tax will be so high that very few could afford to purchase more than a very small amount.

Furthermore, be ready for an all-out ban on ammo that was purchased prior to the tax implementation and currently possessed by citizens. It will be illegal to own ANY unchipped and untaxed ammo; huge fines and jail-time will be a deterant for many.

Think about it ... why take the guns when you can EASILY get the ammo that feeds those guns. And ammo ... as far as I can determine, isn't protected by the 2nd Admt.

So like I said, don't get too cozy, too soon!
  • MNDougMNDoug Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by phm14

Best news I've heard all day...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30389664/

Basically, I always go with the assumption that non-crazed, Constitution-abiding Americans will NEVER see anything on MSNBC that is actually "good news" ... it's just not MS-LSD's thing.