In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ammunition shipments to RI?

rapture00rapture00 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Does anyone have any information on ammo shipments to a home residence in RI?Would this be legal?I do posses a pistol/revolver permit issued by state.is this enough?any information would be greatly appreiciated.thanks rapture00

Comments

• Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    You need to check you state and local laws. As far as I know, you can have ammo shipped to you as long as your state or municipality doesn't have any restrictions. I'd call my local state police office and ask them and if they don't know, they will tell you where to get the correct information.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thankyou very much,I will check it out.thanks for your timely response.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    in case anyone from RI is going to purchase ammo online,there are no restrictions.you can have ammo mailed to a residence in RI,as long as you have a pistol/revolver permit,and the ammo is for yourself and no one else.courtesy of the RI STATE POLICE.THANKS TO ROUGESTATESMAN FOR THE INFORMATION THAT ENABLED ME TO FIGURE THIS OUT.there is only one no-no and that is the purchase of armour piercing rounds,outlawed in RI.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.

rapture00,
    Want to be the first one who admits residing in your state?
    No one else has to date. [;)]

Just click on this link.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76234
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rapture00
    in case anyone from RI is going to purchase ammo online,there are no restrictions.you can have ammo mailed to a residence in RI,as long as you have a pistol/revolver permit,and the ammo is for yourself and no one else.courtesy of the RI STATE POLICE.THANKS TO ROUGESTATESMAN FOR THE INFORMATION THAT ENABLED ME TO FIGURE THIS OUT.there is only one no-no and that is the purchase of armour piercing rounds,outlawed in RI.

Happy to help [;)]
  • Options
    tunatuna Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey rapture00 iam in ri too, by pistol/revolver permit do you mean the blue card or carry permit?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I mean the blue card,also known as the pistol/revolver permit.which means you can buy firearms and ammo and posses them legally.no hassels.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    good to hear of another in RI,I contacted the RI STATE POLICE,LINCOLN,RI BARRACKS.check it out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    good to hear of another in RI,I contacted the RI STATE POLICE,LINCOLN,RI BARRACKS.check it out.
    well that makes 2 of us so far.is there any info on shipping a black powder pistol pistol to ri? i found a good deal on a remington 1858.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    google:gun laws in RI.or if you are an NRA member go to nra.com there are listings by state.you can always check your local gun shop for information,but they seem reluctant to give info as they want your money.also if you are going to purchase online you had better setup an ffl account with someone who has one.ffl license in RI,should help you out.do not try to ship without an ffl approved receipent.(federal firearms license)these people will accept shipment for a low fee and hold for you to pickup.the only legal firearms transfer procedure i know of.otherwise you risk all kinds of trouble.goodluck rapture00 p.s.an ffl is free to setup.they only charge for the transfer of firearm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    google:gun laws in RI.or if you are an NRA member go to nra.com there are listings by state.you can always check your local gun shop for information,but they seem reluctant to give info as they want your money.also if you are going to purchase online you had better setup an ffl account with someone who has one.ffl license in RI,should help you out.do not try to ship without an ffl approved receipent.(federal firearms license)these people will accept shipment for a low fee and hold for you to pickup.the only legal firearms transfer procedure i know of.otherwise you risk all kinds of trouble.goodluck rapture00 p.s.an ffl is free to setup.they only charge for the transfer of firearm.
    ok thanks for the info.i did google rigun laws but it was very vague,but didnt even think about the nra...just joined nra recently
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the NRA probably is your best choice for that sort of info?try there forums if you can not find info needed.