In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help- Seller shipped gun to my FFL personally

DBB888DBB888 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I bought a handgun from a person in FL- he sent it personally to my FFL instead of FFL to FFL - I live in NJ

My FFL said he cant release the gun to me or send it back- Anyone know what can be done?

Comments

• Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if your FFL will sell it on GB for you?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is NO federal (BATF) law that requires that a firearm MUST come FROM an FFL.
    (don't know about your "local" laws)
    An FFL can MAKE UP his own rules.
    His license, his rules.

Seen this happen MANY times.
    I have heard of others getting the BATF involved, if your local FFL will not make an exception to "his" rule.
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suggest U club him like a arctic seal, and see if that changes his mind. [:D] As long as the seller includes a copy of his driver license U are fine. Then go throught the normal pick up procedure like it was a new gun. If not wack him one [B)]
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your FFL just stole your gun. File a police report on a stolen gun. Should get his attention.
  • DBB888DBB888 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK Heres the Low down
    He called NJ Troopers and they said he needs copy of sellers drivers license and Carry Permit and he can do the transaction.
    So he should have the paperwork tomorrow and I should have the gun by Sat if all goes well
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    When you get it ,wave a dollar bill at him on the way out the door .
    Tell him to take a good luck as he will never see another one of yours ![}:)]
    edited November -1
    There goes my beat him like a seal idea ... [V]
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    There goes my beat him like a seal idea ... [V]

For what its worth I liked the beating a seal idea, but now he can take his gun to the range and shoot targets like they were spotted owls.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    When you get it ,wave a dollar bill at him on the way out the door .
    Tell him to take a good luck as he will never see another one of yours ![}:)]
    I believe that my parting remark might be somewhat more vulgar.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    The laws governing intrastate firearms transfer are ridiculous and need to be relaxed. There are so many darned guns out there that registration/documentation of 'legitimate' owners is STUPID!!
  • Aaron.Combs1Aaron.Combs1 Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is now law that says a private seller cannot sell a weapon to someone across state lines provided they go through an FFL. what the hell do you think Gun Broker is. just because yhr person you purchased this firearm in FL and he didnt mail it under his FFL does not mean Squat. your FFL you are going through does not know his laws, or he stole your firearm. either way he is retarted. if it is the latter i would 100% file a report with the police and with the BATF stating that, that dealer stole your weapon. not only will you get your weapon, but he will loose his buisness for stealing a firearm. i would also get ahold of your FFl in FL and get a copy of his FFL. you cant argue with the black and white evidence!
  • joeymiamijoeymiami Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't make sense. I have purchased all my guns from private owners. My FFL sends him a copy of the FFL, he takes it with him to UPS and UPS ships it to my FFL. End of story. Just a transfer and background fee...........

PS. Im from FL [8D]
  • DBB888DBB888 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got My Gun!!! What a PITA!! But I got it!!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update.
    Glad it worked out for you.
  • TORT7TORT7 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CONGRATS!

"No man wins when Freedon fails;
    The best men rot in filthy jails,
    And those who cry "appease, appease";
    Are Hanged by those they try to please"!

[black]LET'S PRAY; ARM; AND PREPARE OURSELVES AND KEEP OUR POWDER DRY! THERE ARE WORSE THINGS THAN DYING FOR THOSE PRECIOUS LIBERTIES THAT OUR FATHERS, SONS, MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS AND ALL TRUE AMERICANS HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES AND SACRED HONORS FOR. LORD, PLEASE CONTINUE TO BLESS THE UNITED STATES AND OUR PATRIOTS!

TORT7[/black]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******
    edited November -1
    There's a lot to be said for KNOWING your FFL dealer and what he will and won't do BEFORE entering into a transaction requiring his services.
  • oldwolf49oldwolf49 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    There's a lot to be said for KNOWING your FFL dealer and what he will and won't do BEFORE entering into a transaction requiring his services.

OH YES!!
    edited November -1
    Your FFL shoud be treated and screened like any vendor U use as a Business, or any other $ related manner. Better to spend more and get good service , than to budget buy and end up with nothing, or worse than nothing.