In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lets Call It What It Is, Shall We?

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I responded to this portion of another post in GD, made by an unnamed member. In light of all that has and is happening, It deserves its own thread.quote:Personally I dont like the direction this country is going of late and worry about future attempts against the Constitution and our rights.You should be worried/opposing the "current" anti-Constitution actions being taken by our gov't. How about the plethora of "past" anti-Constitution actions?

Both these are the best predictors of what the future holds in store.

Our "rights" are effectively relegated to government granted "privilege" status, right now.

We have no "right" to keep and bear arms, but, rather, must have government permission.

We have no "right" to free speech, but, rather, we can be targeted for expressing opinion and thought.

We have no "right" to be secure in our persons, papers and effects from unreasonable search and seizure, but, rather, we can be stopped at checkpoints/roadblocks, and/or have our persons and vehicles searched without probable cause, or warrant and subsequently have our personal property seized without warrant.

How about "eavesdropping", "self-written warrants" with no requirement for a judge to review and sign, or to ensure that probable cause is present as required under the US Constitution?

I could go on, but you get the picture, I hope.......

The citizenry should be up-in-arms over all this, literally, yet, we largely stand idly by, watching it all happen.

Those few of us who have our eyes wide-open are merely an aware, but minuscule, presence in this, the "collective" that is the "new america".

To act in such minuscule numbers, or as free individuals, would be to be isolated, killed/imprisoned and subsequently used by the propaganda arm of our predatory government (main stream media) as an example of "radical domestic terrorists" and as an excuse for a further tightening of the noose.

It is what it is.......

Comments