In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

US ATTEMPTS TO RE-DEFINE SWITCHBLADES

TROY308TROY308 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
US ATTEMPTS TO RE-DEFINE SWITCHBLADES - WOULD MAKE MOST POCKET KNIVES ILLEGAL!

Please check this out and take action!

http://www.kniferights.org/

Comments

• Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They actually cannot, as the 2nd Amendment applies to other weapons as well and a knife is a weapon even though the dictionary definition states especially firearms it includes knives being weapons and the 2nd Amendment does not in any way restrict this right and as a matter of fact states that the right shall NOT be infringed.
    Just because some people are narrow minded into believing or insinuating that the 2nd Amendment only applies to firearms is understandable ignorance being that they are unaware of this and then becomes sheer stupidity when they refuse to acknowledge the error.
    I have blades as well as firearms and I'll be damned if any government or otherwise thinks that they are going to regulate my ownership or use of anything, as the blades protect the firearms and the firearms protect the blades, kind of a mafia I suppose lol at least they will think so if they get on the wrong end of them.
    Furthermore concealed carry of any weapon is also NOT restricted by the Second Amendment nor is where one can take a concealed weapon as I do not and will not follow these illegal and un-Constitiutional laws anyway and hope that it never comes down to an altercation because of it as I will NOT stand down, hence I am a member of the Constitution Party. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep(to retain possession of) and bear(to exhibit) arms(any weapon(s) and form a militia(any non criminal organized armed force) shall not be infringed(not regulated in any restrictive manner).
    The Constitution is only as powerful as the people make it for one without the other is an act of futility which would make us slaves with a boot heel on our throat and a whip at our back and the Constitution just a piece of paper, but we are not and nor is it. For We The People are that irresistible force to hold a corrupt and tyrannical government in contempt of the country that they are supposed to serve and take up arms against it if necessary and possibly die to preserve our Constitution and way of life for if you are not willing to sacrifice then you are willing to accept the enemies terms and while debate for its own sake is pointless educating the ignorant is not. The only thing that should be redefined is the controlling and overbearing, child killing, weapon grabbing, homo helping government, who have sworn allegiance to the united nations and are clearly not Americans.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Well they might just do it anyway.

If you dont send them a letter telling them that you kindly but firmly oppose it an do not feel that Bureaucracy has the right to dictate the type of knife a law abiding tax paying citizen may own you may loose a hole configuration of knives too own, and our second amenments rights will be weaker because of your inaction.

You have until the twenty first of this month to send in your letters. this is the adress they you them to.

19 CFR Part 177
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection
    Office of International Trade, Regulations and Rulings
    Attention: Intellectual Property and Restricted Merchandise Branch
    Mint Annex, 799 Ninth St. N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20229
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am sure that we could not expect otherwise and by all means we can attempt to settle these matters peaceably and we should at first and I am all for it, but for those of us who have been calling and writing and attempting to educate their so called legislative leaders for years to promote change and have come up empty handed, we should not expect much if anything.

quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    If you dont send them a letter telling them that you kindly but firmly oppose it an do not feel that Bureaucracy has the right to dictate the type of knife a law abiding tax paying citizen may own you may loose a hole configuration of knives too own, and our second amenments rights will be weaker because of your inaction.
    You have until the twenty first of this month to send in your letters. this is the adress they you them to.

Like I already stated I have and continue to contact our so called legislative leaders, although I don't expect much if anything because of years of their illegal activities or inactivities, I didn't know that I had to spell it out. Nice to see that someone still believes in the do nothing crooked so called legislative leaders and their broken system.
    Where does anything that I have stated say that I am for making the Constitution weaker and for inaction concerning Constitutional Rights, GEEZ! you really need to have the facts before you start slinging insults as that is ignorant. You have NO idea as to the extent that I have gone, time and money spent and officials that I have talked to concerning Constitutional Rights, good day to you sir.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know how you feel wolf, but apathy isnt an option.

i am a tobacco farmer, as well as a hay and produce farmer, I know alittle bit about getting screwed by the government also.

i have no intention to give up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, there is no apathy except by the u.s. government for our plight and I too am a farmer and a rancher amongst some other trades and have yet to see the u.s. government follow through on any of there promises for us concerning anything of which they have failed miserably. The only thing that interests the u.s. government is its own self seeking interests that have to do with big money, big government and big business and with all of the lobbies and their bribe money they are one in the same like the democrat and republican parties and just tell us what they think that we want to hear and then say, 'geez, these sheeple are so gullible'. The u.s. government is a corrupt out of control tyrant bent on sustaining itself while the people become a slave to it blindly following its every whim and believing all of the garbage that it slings. If anyone is pushing us toward civil war it is the u.s. government who is responsible and should be held accountable for all of its wrong doing. We are Patriots trying to defend the Constitution, which is something that the u.s. government has referred to as a 'damned piece of paper' and refuses to enforce Constitutional law, but their own warped agenda.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well that pretty much sizes it all up.

Politicians are bought and corrupted to the core, and are probably dumb as hell.

A rabid rat has more honor then the average politician and their ilk.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is just one more step at elite govt limiting freedoms in fear of the electorate...interesting how USA derived some of its founding principals from England & how now we are following their path to self destruction......can't govt SEE & LEARN ???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Apparently not although one would think so after everything that we have been through and we as Patriots will not let it be in vain for it cannot, as our Founding Fathers would tell us to do what is necessary to support the Constitution without compromise just as they did before us, so be it.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:They actually cannot, as the 2nd Amendment applies to other weapons as well and a knife is a weapon even though the dictionary definition states especially firearms it includes knives being weapons and the 2nd Amendment does not in any way restrict this right and as a matter of fact states that the right shall NOT be infringed.

the liarberals found the right for women to have an abortion in the Constitution, so in that respect, knives are included in the second amendment as you so stated.., good post from a good patriot ! you are a great American.
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Werewolf.... if your first statement was true, then old fashioned switchblades would be legal by now due to Court Cases.

=========
    That said, as I have posted elsewhere, the Kniferights guy is spreading some hype as to 7-of 10, and almost all knives.

He and I spoke on the phone, and he thinks this regulation will someday spread to include SLIP-JOINT knives, non-lockers because some people can grasp the blade, and flick them open. Examples are Swiss Army types, and many old collectibles.

I have contacted my Senator's office.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    quote:They actually cannot, as the 2nd Amendment applies to other weapons as well and a knife is a weapon even though the dictionary definition states especially firearms it includes knives being weapons and the 2nd Amendment does not in any way restrict this right and as a matter of fact states that the right shall NOT be infringed.
    the liarberals found the right for women to have an abortion in the Constitution, so in that respect, knives are included in the second amendment as you so stated.., good post from a good patriot ! you are a great American.

Thank you for your kind words, however I am just like the rest of you a Patriot trying to protect the Constitution and actually just a farmer. I bestow the same to you as well sir that you are a true Patriot and American and see that you are also ret. Navy and I thank you for your altruistic service, I was Marine Corps MEF and Army/DARPA myself.
    I hold true to what I said and meant every word of it, even to the moment of truth and point of no return and although I would hope that a peaceable settlement could be reached as opposed to armed conflict; I would not be willing to compromise on the Constitution just for my own well being or for the sake of 'security'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK
    Werewolf.... if your first statement was true, then old fashioned switchblades would be legal by now due to Court Cases.
    =========
    That said, as I have posted elsewhere, the Kniferights guy is spreading some hype as to 7-of 10, and almost all knives.
    He and I spoke on the phone, and he thinks this regulation will someday spread to include SLIP-JOINT knives, non-lockers because some people can grasp the blade, and flick them open. Examples are Swiss Army types, and many old collectibles.
    I have contacted my Senator's office.

Actually its Werwolf in relation to the Medieval Soldier and not related to the Lycanthropic Monster, but anyway;
    The statement is very true, there are actually alot of things that the courts either don't want changed for whatever reason or there just isn't enough force behind the issue to get the law changed. There are however some areas that do allow them and which may increase over time, but like I said I will not abide by un-Constitutional laws and neither should anyone else.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I have a dual sided sharp stone, would that make me a criminal? Or would I have to manufacture the rock?

lol....

land of the free home of the brave [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    werwolf, quote:I was Marine Corps MEF and Army/DARPA myself.

remember the oath we took ? no one ever rescinded it, and by the events of these times i will delete the "...orders of the president..."

i have absolutely NO respect for this illegal alien poser, show the birth cert. and all the other locked away documents. how would the "FOIA" be enforced here ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    werwolf, quote:I was Marine Corps MEF and Army/DARPA myself.
    remember the oath we took ? no one ever rescinded it, and by the events of these times i will delete the "...orders of the president..."
    i have absolutely NO respect for this illegal alien poser, show the birth cert. and all the other locked away documents. how would the "FOIA" be enforced here ?

Yes, I do remember it however my oath is to the Confederate States of America, very similar however with total allegiance to the Constitution and total defiance to our enemies.
    This government is as corrupt as the others that it accuses of corruption, if the others really are, maybe they are maybe their not. The problem is that they only tell us through the government controlled liberal media what they want us to hear and they also don't tell us about the way that they manipulate and attempt to control weaker governments including their economies, completely undermining them for this government's selfish interests and the selfish interests of big business. Meanwhile the sheeple here in this country just believe everything that they are told by 'their friend' the government and are easily swayed, which makes the governments job much easier and because the population of sheeple are so easily controlled and make up the majority which means votes and money to the government. The sheeple could care less about our plight much less their own Constitutional Rights and display that when they vote or when they support an un Constitutional group or measure. A coup de tat occurred a very very long time ago and went mostly unnoticed undermining our beloved Constitution as they were very subtle and cunning and made changes slowly over time so as to not arouse any suspicion of foul play. The government continues to do this because they need to make this complete for it to work for them properly and their new world order with the united nations, couldn't have a rogue nation that actually follows a legitimate Constitution, as it might cause problems for their corrupt empire...
  • Options
    44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I am dumber than a box of rocks but, since when does the Customs and Border people have the right to creat laws??????
  • Options
    ZilmoZilmo Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it just me, or have switchblades been disappearing off of GB? Seems like every time I click on one, it says it's a bad link.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Werwolf
    I am sure that we could not expect otherwise and by all means we can attempt to settle these matters peaceably and we should at first and I am all for it, but for those of us who have been calling and writing and attempting to educate their so called legislative leaders for years to promote change and have come up empty handed, we should not expect much if anything.

Like I already stated I have and continue to contact our so called legislative leaders, although I don't expect much if anything because of years of their illegal activities or inactivities, I didn't know that I had to spell it out. Nice to see that someone still believes in the do nothing crooked so called legislative leaders and their broken system.
    Where does anything that I have stated say that I am for making the Constitution weaker and for inaction concerning Constitutional Rights, GEEZ! you really need to have the facts before you start slinging insults as that is ignorant. You have NO idea as to the extent that I have gone, time and money spent and officials that I have talked to concerning Constitutional Rights, good day to you sir.

This isnt directed towards you Wolf, i wish more people had the clear eye that you do with what has happened, and is going on everyday.

This was directed in general towards anyone and everyone who reads this thread. Time is short. And some will miss the importance of this to themselves and our rights. Good day to you also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Werwolf

This isnt directed towards you Wolf, i wish more people had the clear eye that you do with what has happened, and is going on everyday.

This was directed in general towards anyone and everyone who reads this thread. Time is short. And some will miss the importance of this to themselves and our rights. Good day to you also.

If that was the case then you might want to check your fire as you were addressing me initially and is why the other part of the statement appeared to be also as it didn't seem to address the general public and is why the presumption was made after reviewing it several times, anyway no harm done.
    Regards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyway this post has gotten a bit hijacked off track inadvertently, so back to the OP's subject matter;
    US ATTEMPTS TO RE-DEFINE SWITCHBLADES...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44mag
    I know I am dumber than a box of rocks but, since when does the Customs and Border people have the right to creat laws??????

you are NOT dumber than a box of rocks my friend, just not properly informed, they are not making "law", U.S. Customs has proposed revoking earlier rulings, hard to believe but they can change the rules at the directors discretion without permission from congress, the president or even GOD !! and this makes me [:(!]
  • Options
    oldwolf49oldwolf49 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just read the document, no mention of pocket knives, just spring operated, ball bearing operated, stiletto type etc. knives. The border patrol is worried about knives coming across the border, not what you have in your pocket. Information is your friend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So is logical deduction from past expirance.[8D]