In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reply from my senator on the reclass of knives

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
"Dear Mr.J

Thank you for contacting me about the classification of switchblades by the United States Customs and Border Protection. It is always good to hear from my fellow Kentuckians.

As you may know, on may 21, 2009, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection proposed a rule that would redefine a switchblade to include assisted opening knives and outlaw such devices according to the provisions of the Switchblade Act of 1958. You will be pleased to know that the senate passed an amendment to the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act for FY2010(H.R. 2892) Which clarifies what type of knives can be classified as switchblades in an effort to protect the sales of certian pocket knives.

I am 100% committed to protecting our Second Amendment rights. Since coming to congress in 1986, I have consistantly voted against all legislation that would limit the ability to own arms and to protect ourselves and family. Please be assured that I will keep a close eye on this situation and will keep your thoughts in mind should this issue come before me in the senate.

Once more, Thanks for sharing your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to

Best personal regards,
jim