In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

restore can we?

miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
Restore gun Rights?
How?

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I make no secret of the fact that I believe the situation is too far gone to retrieve it by 'conventional ' means.
    The Founders left us clear guide lines concerning the proper methods to employ when the King marches to confiscate powder and shot.

I spend no time, no money, no brain-cracking think-tank time trying to figure a method to reverse the unending propaganda machine utilized by the government and big business as they subvert the Constitution.
    I merely wait and watch for the hard times coming.
  • miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by miker4_u
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I make no secret of the fact that I believe the situation is too far gone to retrieve it by 'conventional ' means.
    The Founders left us clear guide lines concerning the proper methods to employ when the King marches to confiscate powder and shot.

I spend no time, no money, no brain-cracking think-tank time trying to figure a method to reverse the unending propaganda machine utilized by the government and big business as they subvert the Constitution.

Good and I agree 100% that's why I said "I say screw them and there laws for we are a free people and thank god our forefathers had the foresight to fight for this gift of freedom Let it not slip from our grip or we will all be slaves".

I also strongly believe that I can not stand alone nor can you. And if we do not use all avenues to fight for us whom believes as we do then we have wasted an opportunity.

No guarantees it would do anything But I believe in winning! Notice I did not say trying. "Trying" is admitted failure! the only alternative to which I'm totally committed too is not pretty.
    Enough said.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I also strongly believe that I can not stand alone nor can you. And if we do not use all avenues to fight for us whom believes as we do then we have wasted an opportunity.

Mike:

Both major parties support common sense gun laws to end the gun-show loophole. This is simply a move to eliminate private sales of firearms, which will require complete registration to enforce.

Many will stand alone and refuse to comply. I will be one, as will many on this forum. Some will have their papered weapons confiscated, and will become part of SCOTUS challenge to the law, and some will resist in more active ways.

IMO, the SCOTUS challenge is necessary to establish the legitimacy of the inevitable movement to dismiss the Federal Government as over-reaching, no longer supportive the Constitution, and thus null and void. Only through this challenge can we convince even a significant minority of free-thinking Americans that the time has come to actually do something to halt and turn back the expanding reach of government. Simply put, we will need good people to stand alone before we can rally around them.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Mike:

Both major parties support common sense gun laws to end the gun-show loophole. This is simply a move to eliminate private sales of firearms, which will require complete registration to enforce.

Many will stand alone and refuse to comply. I will be one, as will many on this forum. Some will have their papered weapons confiscated, and will become part of SCOTUS challenge to the law, and some will resist in more active ways.

IMO, the SCOTUS challenge is necessary to establish the legitimacy of the inevitable movement to dismiss the Federal Government as over-reaching, no longer supportive the Constitution, and thus null and void. Only through this challenge can we convince even a significant minority of free-thinking Americans that the time has come to actually do something to halt and turn back the expanding reach of government. Simply put, we will need good people to stand alone before we can rally around them.

Good point! and well taken, Even the Minority of men who will proclaim their rights guaranteed them by the forefathers are free men themselves from the Tyranny that surrounds them this I say to those men! it is better to die a free man with free men, even to the extent of a slow torture then to spend a micro second as a slave to those who would impose their authority upon me.
    We need not seek any further then what's in a mans heart for he truly will answer to one greater then all men.

True Freedom is not a destination it is a Journey that all men make, a place we make for ourselves along the way, we have a choice no matter what the circumstances to be a free man.