In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammuntion Bill on Govenors desk C&P

miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
Urgent: Two Anti-Gun Bills Head to Governor's Desk in California
Please Contact the Governor Today!
On Friday, September 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962 by a 44-31 vote. AB962 now joins Senate Bill 585 on the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) where they await his consideration.

AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale, mandates that dealers keep these records and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. Ammunition retailers would also have to store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. Finally, mail order ammunition sales are prohibited under AB962. Over twenty years ago, Congress abolished similar requirements because ammunition sales records were found to be useless for solving crimes. AB962 is a dire threat to our Second Amendment rights in the Golden State.
SB585 would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace in Daly City, just outside of San Francisco. Simply put, SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

Please contact Governor Schwarzenegger TODAY and respectfully urge him to veto AB962 and SB585. The Governor can be reached by phone at 916-445-2841 or via fax at 916-558-3160. To email Governor Schwarzenegger, please visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact.

I wrote The Governor asking him to not sign the two bills and My letter basically said to not trample on the constitution with more laws!

His reply

Thank you for writing me about Assembly Bill 962 and Senate Bill 585. I appreciate your suggestions on proposed legislation affecting our state.

I generally do not take a position on legislation until a bill has reached my desk because it can change significantly from the time it is introduced until the time it is finalized. For the current session, the California Legislature has until September 11, 2009 to pass legislation, and I have until October 11, 2009 to sign or veto proposed bills.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill under consideration by lawmakers at the Official California Legislative website: www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read my legislative messages at www.gov.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government in our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comments

• Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I smell a big pile of NRA-ILA up-date email[}:)] Almost a year after I told them to take a hike, I still get their emails in my junk folder.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Deadred707
    I smell a big pile of NRA-ILA up-date email[}:)] Almost a year after I told them to take a hike, I still get their emails in my junk folder.
    I hear You,
    But I still let the Governor know my position, Yes the NRA has sold us short, Knew that 2o years ago. Its the few who will answer the call in the end.[:)]
  • Options
    impactcoimpactco Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This nonsense has actually made it as far as Ahhhhnuld's desk. Since he sometimes has trouble remembering if he's a Republican or not, we need all the help we can get to remind him.

It's as easy as this to oppose AB962 the ammunition sales restriction legislation

Step 1: Call 916-445-2841 (Gov. Schwarzenegger's Phone)

Step 2: Press 1 for English.

Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor's desk Step

4: Press 2 for AB962 Step

5: Press 2 for Oppose Step

6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day). --

Remember, if this POS legislation passes, your state may be next. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soon it will be a felony to abide by the constitution. [xx(][xx(][:(!][:(!][:(][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Soon it will be a felony to abide by the constitution. [xx(][xx(][:(!][:(!][:(][V]
    So be it[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Friendly
    It's too late for Kali-forn-eeaahhh
    That's right it is and guess what! I made a great living here and I'm on my way out Back home to Michigan.

Still this just is not right and it (can't say it here) me off. and whats even sadder brother is its around the corner in your state! The Liberal nut jobs use California as a testing grounds for the rest of the country.

I have been fighting for years the trampling on our constitution here in California. It's like talking to a fence post.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by miker4_u
    So be it[;)]

Wait a minute...on second thought it already is.[:0][B)][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So be it[;)]

Wonder were they are going to put all of the Un convicted felon's?
    Burmuda Sounds Good to me!
    3 Hots and a Cot
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So be it[;)]

Wonder were they are going to put all of the Un convicted felon's?
    Bermuda Sounds Good to me!
    3 Hots and a Cot
  • Options
    edited November -1

Then its to late for your state!
    Yours will be next!

The real problem with the mind set is we allow it, We do because we do not get people in office that represent us! Remember politicians are elected by the People. We can not complain when they don't represent us because we do nothing to get them to listen to us.

The government can make laws to take away what they have no right to take away and a judge will say to you that you broke the Law.
    Its called being a subject.
    I will not be a subject! I stand by the second amendment! it is clear and I will not allow some Degenerate who introduced AB962 to dictate my freedoms under the constitution
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If they tried this in Missouri you would have at LEAST 15k people mobilizing immediately under the bonnie blue. Think I am kidding, ask anyone of the other missouri people here

So, what exactly would you and your "group" do if this were to occur? Be specific.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by impactco
    If they tried this in Missouri you would have at LEAST 15k people mobilizing immediately under the bonnie blue. Think I am kidding, ask anyone of the other missouri people here

So, what exactly would you and your "group" do if this were to occur? Be specific.
    A tea and crumpet march of course. The only answer to uncivilized people is to make them civilized. Like a spot of tea would you?

The water is just about to boil....
  • Options
    edited November -1

Then its to late for your state!
    Yours will be next!

The real problem with the mind set is we allow it, We do because we do not get people in office that represent us! Remember politicians are elected by the People. We can not complain when they don't represent us because we do nothing to get them to listen to us.

The government can make laws to take away what they have no right to take away and a judge will say to you that you broke the Law.
    Its called being a subject.
    I will not be a subject! I stand by the second amendment! it is clear and I will not allow some Degenerate who introduced AB962 to dictate my freedoms under the constitution

Hardly.

This is not a matter of federal abuse, but rather state lockdown. These are laws handed down from your state and local legislature, and you guys sit by and do NOTHING.

I wished I lived there to be honest with you! There are some decent people here but a hell of allot more idiots then decent that the big problem. Like I said in other post I'm a visitor here because my true loyalties are for Upper Michigan.
    I still own property there and spend as much time as I can back home.
    Its about a 600 mile drive from here to the state capitol and unfortunately with all the fruit loops out here its not easy to get them to stand up for anything. Look at the water crisis here all caused by a tiny smelt, 80,000 people have lost their jobs and the bread belt of America is turning back to desert because of Nancy Pelosi and the Feds.
    Then we have a POTUS flying all over the world bragging how he is helping America and won't even make a phone call to have the water turned back on. Now if 15 thousand people showed up to say hell no about the Ammunition bill it would not make a bit of difference because the government here in California is a photo copy of the fed.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure a Republican would never sign something like this.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge

[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Don't forget he's married to a Kennedy[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

[:D]
    Communism crosses party lines!
  • Options
    woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
    edited November -1

Gun rights is the tiny little piece of what has been stripped over the last decade. I was rather disturbed about the billions of dollars put into illegal wire tapping and computer monitoring not to mention the fact that the systems were put into place without senate approvals. The fact that we as an individual aren't affected because we don't have anything to hide looks pretty lame to the thousands of innocent people that have been picked up in the middle of the night and detained for however long it takes to sleep deprive, drug, and otherwise interrogate. Illegal detainment obtained by illegal wire taps or computer monitoring is lazy and sloppy work for those we pay to keep us safe. Being an advocate of constitutional rights takes a lot more than having guns and being willing to use them because someone talks about taking them away. Liberal pansies need to protect our gun rights as much as we need to pay attention to every type of constitutional breach. Yes we need to protect the right to have and bear arms, but it is so that we can protect the rest of our rights as well, including the rights of all of the people as a whole. Strong individuals who are warriors are the ones who have to protect with wisdom not hot headed reactions to supposed threats.<br>
    <br>
    We actually manage to shut down the worst of the insidious efforts to really interfere with gun ownership, that is because we have elected officials on both sides of the fence that will keep it from going too far. It serves us better to understand which legislations are in the interest of keeping guns out of the wrong hands and which interfere in a manner that is designed to restrict gun ownership with a blanket disregard for anyone.<br>
    <br>
    Learn how our government works, learn about individual politicians and their true voting records and agendas. Things are not as they seem and we can't change them for the better if we don't understand motivations behind other issues. Guns aren't worth anything if the people carrying them are dumber than dirt clods. Our government sucks right now because ignorant people have supported and opposed exactly the wrong thing from what was best for all of the people. Our government is corrupt because of too many people taking stupid rhetoric meant to fire stupid people up at meaningless face value. the people most reactive and responsive to "more taxes", "death boards", "pulling the plug on granny", "winning the war", and "keeping america safe", are the ones that are the most clueless about what is really going on with any of it.<br>
    <br>
    I'd rather give gun control little victories that don't keep me as a law abiding citizen from doing what I want than allow an unregulated situation that inflames the other persuasion to rally and go deeper.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:I'd rather give gun control little victories that don't keep me as a law abiding citizen from doing what I want than allow an unregulated situation that inflames the other persuasion to rally and go deeper

Ahhhh..it don't take long for the 'really intelligent' to reveal their agendas...ehhh ?

Reckon I will stay with the trailer park trash. At least, they don't try to bullsnit their way thru life with long speaches designed to lull a body to sleep..while the devil gets the hindmost....
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too late folks done deal! your next!

serf

http://www.redding.com/news/2009/oct/12/gov-signs-ammunition-sales-bill/

On Friday, September 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962 by a 44-31 vote. AB962 now joins Senate Bill 585 on the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) where they await his consideration.

AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale, mandates that dealers keep these records and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. Ammunition retailers would also have to store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. Finally, mail order ammunition sales are prohibited under AB962. Over twenty years ago, Congress abolished similar requirements because ammunition sales records were found to be useless for solving crimes. AB962 is a dire threat to our Second Amendment rights in the Golden State.
    SB585 would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace in Daly City, just outside of San Francisco. Simply put, SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

Please contact Governor Schwarzenegger TODAY and respectfully urge him to veto AB962 and SB585. The Governor can be reached by phone at 916-445-2841 or via fax at 916-558-3160. To email Governor Schwarzenegger, please visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact.

I wrote The Governor asking him to not sign the two bills and My letter basically said to not trample on the constitution with more laws!

His reply

Thank you for writing me about Assembly Bill 962 and Senate Bill 585. I appreciate your suggestions on proposed legislation affecting our state.

I generally do not take a position on legislation until a bill has reached my desk because it can change significantly from the time it is introduced until the time it is finalized. For the current session, the California Legislature has until September 11, 2009 to pass legislation, and I have until October 11, 2009 to sign or veto proposed bills.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill under consideration by lawmakers at the Official California Legislative website: www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read my legislative messages at www.gov.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government in our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government tyranny in our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

There I fixed the form letter. Must have been an oversight.
  • Options
    edited November -1

His reply

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Seems like no amount of letter writing, Phone calling and pure screaming makes any difference. I hate this frigging state! Its idiot left wing socialist commie loving loser's!
    I will bet that Arnie did not even read the bill, Well guess I should not have expected a non US born person to even understand the meaning of the Constitution.
  • Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh he did read it, and stabbed us in the back just like every one else in Sac. [V]

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am signing Assembly Bill 962. This measure would require vendors of handgun ammunition to keep a log of information on handgun ammunition sales, store ammunition in a safe and secure manner, and require the face-to-face transfer of ammunition sales.

Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who
    have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder. Utilized properly, this type of information is invaluable for keeping communities safe and preventing
    dangerous felons from committing crimes with firearms.

Moreover, this type of recordkeeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine. Unfortunately, even the most successful local program is flawed; without a statewide law, felons can easily skirt the record keeping requirements of one city by visiting another. Assembly Bill 962 will fix this problem by mandating that all ammunition vendors in the state keep records on ammunition sales.

As Governor, I have sought the appropriate balance between public safety and the right to keep and bear arms. I have signed important public safety measures to regulate the sale and transfer of .50 caliber rifles, instituted the California Firearms License Check program, and promoted the use of microstamping technology in handguns. I have also vetoed many pieces of legislation that sought to place unreasonable restrictions and burdens on firearms dealers and ammunition vendors. Assembly Bill 962 reasonably regulates access to ammunition and improves public safety without placing undue burdens on consumers.

For these reasons, I am pleased to sign this bill.

Sincerely, Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Deadred707
    Oh he did read it, and stabbed us in the back just like every one else in Sac. [V]

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am signing Assembly Bill 962. This measure would require vendors of handgun ammunition to keep a log of information on handgun ammunition sales, store ammunition in a safe and secure manner, and require the face-to-face transfer of ammunition sales.

Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who
    have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder. Utilized properly, this type of information is invaluable for keeping communities safe and preventing
    dangerous felons from committing crimes with firearms.

Moreover, this type of recordkeeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine. Unfortunately, even the most successful local program is flawed; without a statewide law, felons can easily skirt the record keeping requirements of one city by visiting another. Assembly Bill 962 will fix this problem by mandating that all ammunition vendors in the state keep records on ammunition sales.

As Governor, I have sought the appropriate balance between public safety and the right to keep and bear arms. I have signed important public safety measures to regulate the sale and transfer of .50 caliber rifles, instituted the California Firearms License Check program, and promoted the use of microstamping technology in handguns. I have also vetoed many pieces of legislation that sought to place unreasonable restrictions and burdens on firearms dealers and ammunition vendors. Assembly Bill 962 reasonably regulates access to ammunition and improves public safety without placing undue burdens on consumers.

For these reasons, I am pleased to sign this bill.

Sincerely, Arnold Schwarzenegger

I hear ya brother! I'm ashamed to live in this State I really mean it! I need to get back to my Home a Family In upper Michigan. Each year I go back for a few months and Hunt White tail Deer on my 100 acres there in the sticks I have two cabins and about 20 of us are there for deer season its a great time to tell the Horror stories of living in liberal pond scum sucking California. If I did not have a prospering tool and die shop here I would be gone on the next flight forever!
    Count me as your Brother when the sheet hits the fan![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "keeping america safe", are the ones that are the most clueless about what is really going on with any of it.<br>
    <br>
    I'd rather give gun control little victories that don't keep me as a law abiding citizen from doing what I want than allow an unregulated situation that inflames the other persuasion to rally and go deeper.
    [/quote]Your watching way to much Government run media! I will be in charge of my safety because 99.9 percent of the time the ones that claim to protect you arrive to pick up the body. What is little and what is a lot? I don't think the criminals care one dam bit do you.

Read the constitution were does it say you have to be finger printed to buy ammo and one other thing Do you think if all hell breaks out the ten one magazine you are limited to is a great option when a Gangster is sporting a 50 round mag AK47?????? see the fundamental problem here?
    The Government wants you to believe guns and the second amendment were ment for hunting when in fact the Second Amendent was wriiten for the purpose of allowing the people to be armed against Tryanny to protect them selves from the ones who would steal our freedoms and hold us to slavery and become subjects rather than citizens.
    Glad you feel all warm and Fuzzy with another chop at the constitution surely it won't make a snow ball in hell bit of difference to the criminals.
    Nor the ones coming for your freedom!
    Wake Up dam it! Wake friggin up!

Criminals are not going to get finger printed they will just go further under ground or commit more crimes to get ammo. Kind of like the war on Drugs and gangs, Its getting worse not better and the honest law abiding citizen keeps losing more and more rights.
    I say screw them and the horse they road in on! Period!
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was signed. The only thing left is to see whether it will pass constitutional muster. And you can bet it will be challenged. The bad part is that either way, we get screwed no matter what. "A", it pass' and we get screwed by yet another anti gun law. "B" it doesn't pass and we get screwed because of all the time and resources used to get through to begin with and fought at the end. At a time when we don't have the financial resouces for such foolishness either way.

We lose.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    It was signed. The only thing left is to see whether it will pass constitutional muster. And you can bet it will be challenged. The bad part is that either way, we get screwed no matter what. "A", it pass' and we get screwed by yet another anti gun law. "B" it doesn't pass and we get screwed because of all the time and resources used to get through to begin with and fought at the end. At a time when we don't have the financial resources for such foolishness either way.

We lose.
    This state reminds me of a person with severe mental problems, The worse the economy gets the worse the laws restrict growth. In my 54 years of life I have yet to hear of a single incident were a gun killed a person or a car, a bus or any inanimate object has killed a human being.

I have come to the realization that there is a movement in this country that will never give up until all people are slaves to the Government and the Left wing extremists that think it is a crime to achieve and by doing so you commit crimes against the poor. Yes there is problems with the way some big business treats people but the government will never fix it they will only destroy it and the Government grows bigger and bigger.

Here in California we have over 6 million people working in state and local Government, That's 1/5 of the Population is it any wonder the state is in trouble?
    What does government produce?
    If you live here and have ever gone to the department of motor Vehicles just look behind the counter and watch the State employee's work you will think you are at a grass growing contest and who ever grows the grass the slowest wins. 100 people twiddling their thumbs when 5 people could do more work with a little motivation.

Yes we need police and fire and emergency services and I commend the fine job they do putting their own lives on the line each day for our safety. But some departments of this state are the biggest waste bins I have ever seen. Why? Because they hire the bottom of the gene pool and that's what you end up with Its called fairness in employment, It has nothing to do with a persons ability but everything to do with a persons skin color and I don't mean this in a demeaning way.

When you are guaranteed a job based on your race or skin color then that person knows in their heart that they are not worthy of the position and act accordingly.
    Not every instance or every person is like this but please explain to me what else it could be because I just don't get it!

Soon we wil be moving out of this State and I will not look back!