In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Integrity and Courage

MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
Went to the new Air and Space Museum yesterday with my kids. If you haven't seen it, make a point of doing so. It celebrates the innovation, intelligence and courage that made this country great.

In an area of the museum there is a kiosk that highlights those who have earned the Congressional Medal of Honor. My 12 year old son and I stood and watched the story of Patrick Henry Brady, a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. His bravery was extraordinary, and his comments about courage stirred me. I was glad that my son heard them.

He said that we are not born equal, we are each born with greater or lesser intelligence, talents and abilities. Some of us are better looking than others and others have greater opportunities than we. We are, however, all born with the same capacity for courage. We choose to be courageous or not. I think the same can be said for integrity.

It seems we see so little of these qualities exhibited in the world around us. The founders of this country exhibited these qualities as they faced death for treason as they signed the Declaration of Independence.

In public life and in the everyday lives of people around you, who are examples of courage and integrity? It made me think, am I an example for my children?