In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ya gotta love the Nugent

cabnetmancabnetman Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
Man this guy is right on. Do you think he is for the 2nd Amendment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHtw6WbbnM

Comments

• Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Teds own mouth
    "To be so honored to participate in any way, as an NRA board member or the ultimate honor of serving as president, would surely be a duty I would put my heart and soul into. I am genuinely moved that it is even being discussed. I am ready, willing, and able to serve if the good NRA members call upon me."

I would have to say No, not as written he is not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From Ted Nugent's own mouth "the 2 nd amendment of our Bill of Rights is my concealed carry permit, period". My feelings exactly. Pretty straight forward and to the point.

You anti NRA haters make me sick.[;)] If you don't like the NRA as it is then elect someone like Nugent to the board so that he can help change it. So tell me then, who in your opinion is a great 2 nd Amendment person? Name one.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Ya gotta love the Nugent' - not really.

Great advocate for hunting and personal protection. Did not see anything actually about the 2nd Amendment in the video.

The right to self-protection has nothing to do with the second, and should be divorced from the discussion. The purpose of the 2nd, as stated right in it is to ensure that the people retain the means to secure their freedom not from random acts of violence, rather from an oppressive government.

Does the NRA use these little stories of murdered women as a sympathy ploy? Is it because the average American has already given up on the concept of freedom? Either way it changes the conversation by implying that the RTKBA can be limited to self protection and hunting weapons. This change in the conversation feeds those that would limit freedom protection weapons.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cabnetman
    From Ted Nugent's own mouth "the 2 nd amendment of our Bill of Rights is my concealed carry permit, period". My feelings exactly. Pretty straight forward and to the point.

You anti NRA haters make me sick.[;)] If you don't like the NRA as it is then elect someone like Nugent to the board so that he can help change it. So tell me then, who in your opinion is a great 2 nd Amendment person? Name one.

Jefferson, Madison, Adams...........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    'Ya gotta love the Nugent' - not really.

Great advocate for hunting and personal protection. Did not see anything actually about the 2nd Amendment in the video.

The right to self-protection has nothing to do with the second, and should be divorced from the discussion. The purpose of the 2nd, as stated right in it is to ensure that the people retain the means to secure their freedom not from random acts of violence, rather from an oppressive government.

Does the NRA use these little stories of murdered women as a sympathy ploy? Is it because the average American has already given up on the concept of freedom? Either way it changes the conversation by implying that the RTKBA can be limited to self protection and hunting weapons. This change in the conversation feeds those that would limit freedom protection weapons.
    SO I ASK AGAIN who in your opinion is a great 2 nd Amendment person? Name one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Jefferson, Madison, Adams...........
    Unfortunately, they are no longer available to vote. So tell me one person that is eligible to vote that is what you would call a true 2nd amendment person.[;)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Ron Paul is the only name that comes to mind as fairly solid 2nd Amendment advocate, though as you will see if you bother to go through the speeches and press releases in the attached link, even he refers to 'law abiding citizens' and self protection much more than he should.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=17

Virtually all politicians have imbibed of the NRA Kool-aid and advocate some form of restriction.

I reject the implied justification of your question, though, cabnetman. Just because one may the be the best of a bad bunch does not make him worthy of my support.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So tell me then, who in your opinion is a great 2 nd Amendment person? Name one.

Don't mind if I name a few, do you?

Dudley Brown
    H.L. "Bill" Richardson
    Neal Knox
    Neil Smith
    Dave Edmondson
    Clarence Lovell
    Albert Ross
    C. Russell Howard
    I could go on....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you don't like the NRA as it is then elect someone like Nugent to the board so that he can help change it.
    Duh, what a FRESH idea. Why didn't somebody else think of doing this???

The "idea" of changing from within, or starting your own group, is nothing new, as seen below. These people spent YEARS trying for change from within, and for various reasons, they COULD NOT!

Now, some expect a few lowly PEON members, to be able to walk in off the street, and effect change? If these "insiders" couldn't do it, is it even remotely realistic to expect "regular" members to be able to? Do we even have the time left, to re-invent the wheel?

Lets start with H. L. Richardson. He was a board member of the NRA for 10 years. Did he see a problem with their policies? When he found he could NOT change it from within, he left and started the Gun Owners Of America. What is now, the second largest gun rights activist organization in the country. Which is also known by MOST as the "NO COMPROMISE" gun lobby.

Then we can turn out attention to Neal Knox, a career gun rights activist. A board member, as well as serving four years for the NRA, as the Executive Director of the Institute For Legislative Action. Which is the lobbying arm of the NRA. He TOO must have had a problem with the policies of the NRA, found it impossible to change from within, as he went on to found the Firearms Coalition. Another well known "NO COMPROMISE" organization.

When Neal Knox was on the board, there was a vote to see if Executive Vice President (LaPierre) should be suspended or removed from office. It was supported by a solid 39-30 majority, but short of the two-thirds which was required for passage. At that time, what the Board majority didn't know, was that the previous week LaPierre and his supporters had secretly ordered the placement of a full page ad in the ballot issue of the NRA magazines-six weeks after the published deadline for election ads. Thereby preventing any counterpoint ad. Knowing that the voting members could take ONLY the information presented to them, the ONE SIDED ad worked. Five of the nine were defeated, tipping the balance of power on the Board back into LaPierre`s favor. (sheeple being spoon fed propaganda....again)

Nancyann Rutledge, who was the President of the Santa Barbara NRA Members Council, later to become the Citizens Gun Rights Alliance. What happened to her? After refusing to support the NRA's gun control positions, and anti-gun candidates, she was decertified by the NRA.

Dave Edmondson, a 2-term NRA Director. Another in a long line of past Directors, board members, etc. which are vocal critics of the NRA's leadership and direction. Dave went on to be founder of the "State Association Coordinating Committee."

Neil Smith, a life member of the NRA, is an outspoken gun rights activist who is NOT happy with the NRA. He is founder of International Coordinator of the Libertarian Second Amendment Caucus.

A few other facts.

What about Clarence Lovell, an ex-member of the NRA Board of Directors for 14 years. He left because, "he could no longer stomach the falsity of those heading the NRA."

Albert Ross, former NRA Directors, and second Vice President. Who is now Texas State Rifle Association Director, strongly CONDEMNS the NRA's very own program, Project Exile. Sighting Project Exile as laws that are unconstitutional violations of the Second Amendment.

Other Board Directors, board members, life members, endowment members, etc that condemned the NRA for Project Exile. Former Chairman, NRA High-power Committee, David Gross, Larry R. Rankin, Arthur Nichols, H.S. "Gunnie" Reagan, Chris BeHanna, Robert T Fanning, Jr., Don Loucks, Jim Ramm, Anthony Brian, Jack H. Stuart, Arnold Gaunt, Clarence Lovell, Richard L. Carone, and more.

Some of the comments C. Russell Howard made when he resigned from the NRA board.
    "The unholy alliance of NRA leaders, vendors, and Republican elements is the reason why NRA is declining in stature.

(Addressing LaPierre)
    Compared to Mr. Knox's influence, you run the Board like a concentration camp commandant

The struggle for the right of the people to keep and bear arms is at the core of a fundamental struggle for freedom........In any conflict, if those on the front lines cannot trust and rely on the honor of their comrades, the cause is doomed. While there are many good and honorable people on the Board with various stands on the current power struggle, there are some who cannot be trusted and are without honor."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    If you don't like the NRA as it is then elect someone like Nugent to the board so that he can help change it.
    Duh, what a FRESH idea. Why didn't somebody else think of doing this???

The "idea" of changing from within, or starting your own group, is nothing new, as seen below. These people spent YEARS trying for change from within, and for various reasons, they COULD NOT!

Now, some expect a few lowly PEON members, to be able to walk in off the street, and effect change? If these "insiders" couldn't do it, is it even remotely realistic to expect "regular" members to be able to? Do we even have the time left, to re-invent the wheel?

Lets start with H. L. Richardson. He was a board member of the NRA for 10 years. Did he see a problem with their policies? When he found he could NOT change it from within, he left and started the Gun Owners Of America. What is now, the second largest gun rights activist organization in the country. Which is also known by MOST as the "NO COMPROMISE" gun lobby.

Then we can turn out attention to Neal Knox, a career gun rights activist. A board member, as well as serving four years for the NRA, as the Executive Director of the Institute For Legislative Action. Which is the lobbying arm of the NRA. He TOO must have had a problem with the policies of the NRA, found it impossible to change from within, as he went on to found the Firearms Coalition. Another well known "NO COMPROMISE" organization.

When Neal Knox was on the board, there was a vote to see if Executive Vice President (LaPierre) should be suspended or removed from office. It was supported by a solid 39-30 majority, but short of the two-thirds which was required for passage. At that time, what the Board majority didn't know, was that the previous week LaPierre and his supporters had secretly ordered the placement of a full page ad in the ballot issue of the NRA magazines-six weeks after the published deadline for election ads. Thereby preventing any counterpoint ad. Knowing that the voting members could take ONLY the information presented to them, the ONE SIDED ad worked. Five of the nine were defeated, tipping the balance of power on the Board back into LaPierre`s favor. (sheeple being spoon fed propaganda....again)

Nancyann Rutledge, who was the President of the Santa Barbara NRA Members Council, later to become the Citizens Gun Rights Alliance. What happened to her? After refusing to support the NRA's gun control positions, and anti-gun candidates, she was decertified by the NRA.

Dave Edmondson, a 2-term NRA Director. Another in a long line of past Directors, board members, etc. which are vocal critics of the NRA's leadership and direction. Dave went on to be founder of the "State Association Coordinating Committee."

Neil Smith, a life member of the NRA, is an outspoken gun rights activist who is NOT happy with the NRA. He is founder of International Coordinator of the Libertarian Second Amendment Caucus.

A few other facts.

What about Clarence Lovell, an ex-member of the NRA Board of Directors for 14 years. He left because, "he could no longer stomach the falsity of those heading the NRA."

Albert Ross, former NRA Directors, and second Vice President. Who is now Texas State Rifle Association Director, strongly CONDEMNS the NRA's very own program, Project Exile. Sighting Project Exile as laws that are unconstitutional violations of the Second Amendment.

Other Board Directors, board members, life members, endowment members, etc that condemned the NRA for Project Exile. Former Chairman, NRA High-power Committee, David Gross, Larry R. Rankin, Arthur Nichols, H.S. "Gunnie" Reagan, Chris BeHanna, Robert T Fanning, Jr., Don Loucks, Jim Ramm, Anthony Brian, Jack H. Stuart, Arnold Gaunt, Clarence Lovell, Richard L. Carone, and more.

Some of the comments C. Russell Howard made when he resigned from the NRA board.
    "The unholy alliance of NRA leaders, vendors, and Republican elements is the reason why NRA is declining in stature.

(Addressing LaPierre)
    Compared to Mr. Knox's influence, you run the Board like a concentration camp commandant

The struggle for the right of the people to keep and bear arms is at the core of a fundamental struggle for freedom........In any conflict, if those on the front lines cannot trust and rely on the honor of their comrades, the cause is doomed. While there are many good and honorable people on the Board with various stands on the current power struggle, there are some who cannot be trusted and are without honor."

quote:there are some who cannot be trusted and are without honorReplace them with ones that can be trusted and have honor.
    Remember, the attack on the 2nd didn't happen overnight and it is not going to be corrected overnight. Good politics starts at the local level.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Ron Paul is the only name that comes to mind as fairly solid 2nd Amendment advocate, though as you will see if you bother to go through the speeches and press releases in the attached link, even he refers to 'law abiding citizens' and self protection much more than he should.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=17

Virtually all politicians have imbibed of the NRA Kool-aid and advocate some form of restriction.

I reject the implied justification of your question, though, cabnetman. Just because one may the be the best of a bad bunch does not make him worthy of my support.
    I think Ron Paul might just be one. I voted for him.
    Just for the record: The only perfect man I know got crucified and I can tell you that there are no more perfect people. So, maybe we will just have to "settle for the best of the bad bunch", even if you won't support them.[;)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:From Ted Nugent's own mouth "the 2 nd amendment of our Bill of Rights is my concealed carry permit, period". My feelings exactly. Pretty straight forward and to the point.
    Are you FREAKING SERIOUS, here ????

Are you UNABLE to see the utter INSANITY of this statement ????

What part of STUPIDITY is so very difficult to grasp here ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Are you FREAKING SERIOUS, here ????

Oh Highball you must be soooo much smarter than me so why don't you enlighten me. I also believe that the 2 nd gives me the right to carry concealed without a permit.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay...I finally understand his tortured statement.

However.the use of 'permit' in referencing the Second Amendment is, frankly, distasteful to me...extremely so.

Much as the antis do when presented with a weapon.I `knee-*'.

Even so.I have been guilty of saying that `the Second Amendment is my license to carry'...done in a bitter, cynical manner.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All you elitists on this forum are really pretty hard to take. You spew out all this crap about how only you know about the 2 nd amendment and what it REALLY means. You belittle anyone that doesn't think the same way as you. You have no solutions to any of the problems and all you do is * about the groups that are working towards solutions. I'd bet that most of you don't even vote. It's been my experience that those who don't vote complain and * the most. My advice to you is to start voting and quit complaining. Of course, this is only my opinion and I am a very stupid person so take it for what it's worth.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok Highball, if I had seen you previous post, I probably would not have posted my last post. So, take it for what it's worth.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All you elitists on this forum are really pretty hard to take. You spew out all this crap about how only you know about the 2 nd amendment and what it REALLY means. You belittle anyone that doesn't think the same way as you. You have no solutions to any of the problems and all you do is * about the groups that are working towards solutions. I'd bet that most of you don't even vote. It's been my experience that those who don't vote complain and * the most. My advice to you is to start voting and quit complaining. Of course, this is only my opinion and I am a very stupid person so take it for what it's worth.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well...about the voting business.

So you voted for mccain instead of the present guy ?
    Whats the difference, pray tell ? PLEASE explain how 'voting'...for the last 40 years or so...would make a single bit of difference in where we are today down the path of destruction ?

Or..say...you voted for decency and American ideals...and voted Ron Paul ? Didn't change a thing...the established freaks and party hacks all laughted at you. Yeah...I know all about how that vote was for principle.
    Big deal. The OTHER ten million to one against you HAVE no principles...and PROVED it by voting obamacain....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Okay...I finally understand his tortured statement.

However.the use of 'permit' in referencing the Second Amendment is, frankly, distasteful to me...extremely so.

Much as the antis do when presented with a weapon.I `knee-*'.

Even so.I have been guilty of saying that `the Second Amendment is my license to carry'...done in a bitter, cynical manner.

Well now, let's take a good look at what Ted said. "the 2nd amendment of our Bill of Rights is my concealed carry permit". I don't think he was saying that he needed a permit; on the contrary, I think he was saying that he didn't need any permit because of the 2nd, in which case, I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited November -1

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Ahhh, drink the cool aid man, drink the cool aid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    well...about the voting business.

So you voted for mccain instead of the present guy ?
    Whats the difference, pray tell ? PLEASE explain how 'voting'...for the last 40 years or so...would make a single bit of difference in where we are today down the path of destruction ?

Or..say...you voted for decency and American ideals...and voted Ron Paul ? Didn't change a thing...the established freaks and party hacks all laughted at you. Yeah...I know all about how that vote was for principle.
    Big deal. The OTHER ten million to one against you HAVE no principles...and PROVED it by voting obamacain....
    I voted for decency and American ideals. Take a look around. Read the news and not the mainstream news the real news. There is a wind of change a blowing and I think the next elections will be prime for a person like Ron Paul to be voted into office. That can only happen if YOU vote.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In my state.
    I get to vote ONLY for the republican/democrat nominee. I fully expect that person to be as much a slimebag as happened in the last...well..TEN ELECTIONS.

Thanks...but NO thanks. I refuse to place MY stamp of approval on evil...even if the 'lesser' of two evils.

As for the nuges statement..please allow me to put my little rant down to a southern boys inability to understand damnyankee talk....[:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Are you FREAKING SERIOUS, here ????

Oh Highball you must be soooo much smarter than me so why don't you enlighten me. I also believe that the 2 nd gives me the right to carry concealed without a permit.[:0]
    For a guy who is tossing down the 'smart' gauntlet, you should choose your words carefully, they have meaning....

Amendment II 'gives' no right. It merely enumerates a preexisting, Natural-right, or God-given right if you'd rather, which is inherent in all men.

Amendment II enumerates that 'Right' and is simply designed as a leash, or a restraint, on government, from infringing upon that Natural-right.

Amendment II simply demands that government keep its damn dirty hands off of this fundamental right....."Shall not be infringed"...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    For a guy who is tossing down the 'smart' gauntlet
    Hey, Don't be too hard on him, he can --almost-- spell Kool-aid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember, I'm an Engineer (I think that's the way you spell it) and we are not noted for our spelling and writing abilites. I think you get the message though.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Remember, I'm an Engineer (I think that's the way you spell it) and we are not noted for our spelling and writing abilites. I think you get the message though.[;)][:D]

Those that I used to work around in the factory, weren't noted for having much common sense either.

Hell the one I work with now that knows jack about concrete, and he was a bridge engineer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think you get the message though.
    Indeed I do, and considering the source, I will give it the full credence in which it is due.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Indeed I do, and considering the source, I will give it the full credence in which it is due.Bless you my good man, bless you.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Those that I used to work around in the factory, weren't noted for having much common sense either.I don't think I fall into that catagory. At least I hope I don't. I've built a pretty sustantial business over the past 30 years using good common sense. I think my common sense follows me into the political arena also. So, if you need some help figuring out who to vote for etc, you just let me know and I would be more than happy to help you out there.[:p]