In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FFL Question

customslotcarscustomslotcars Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Okay, help me out guys (and gals)!

Here is the deal. I like to collect WWII firearms. (M1 Garands, Carbines, Mausers, Arisakas etc.) I live in PA in the good old
US of A!
I would like to get a Thompson and a Grease gun, vintage full auto for my collection. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, but that is not an issue. I already have a PA concealed carry permit (not that it matters, just tells you i am totally clean) I am not interested in reselling, just buying. What federal permits will i need to apply for in order to legally obtain these? I do want them 100% working not semi auto conversions!

Thanks for your help!
PJ

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You'll probably get more what you are looking for if you post this over in "ask the experts".
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Research 'revocable trusts'.

You spend FAR less time on your knees, begging, using that method.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the full auto world. Yes they are legal in Penns. Alot of no good information out there and advice.. usually from ignorant people OR people who wish they didn't have criminal records. Here is a sticky post out of experts. If I can be of any assistance send me an email with any other questions.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365687
  • SPORTS HOLLOWSPORTS HOLLOW Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by customslotcars

Here is the deal. I like to collect WWII firearms. (M1 Garands, Carbines, Mausers, Arisakas etc.) I live in PA in the good old
    US of A!
    I would like to get a Thompson and a Grease gun, vintage full auto for my collection. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, but that is not an issue. I already have a PA concealed carry permit (not that it matters, just tells you i am totally clean) I am not interested in reselling, just buying. What federal permits will i need to apply for in order to legally obtain these? I do want them 100% working not semi auto conversions!

Thanks for your help!
    PJ
  • SPORTS HOLLOWSPORTS HOLLOW Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOUR BEST BET IS TO CONTACT A LOCAL CLASS III DEALER AND HE WILL GET YOU THE PROPER FORMS TO FILL OUT AND DIRECT YOU IN YOUR JOURNEY. YOU CAN GO TO THE ATFS WEBSITE AND FIND A LIST OF DEALERS IN YOUR AREA OR CONTACT THEM FOR THAT INFO.

quote:Originally posted by customslotcars

US of A!

Thanks for your help!
    PJ
    edited November -1
    If begging is your specialty, follow select fires advice to the letter.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    yeah no kiddin', he's the kneepad king.
    edited November -1

Look moron, just cause you can't get one leave the guy alone. I bet he will pass a federal background check.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Welcome to the full auto world. Yes they are legal in Penns. Alot of no good information out there and advice.. usually from ignorant people OR people who wish they didn't have criminal records. Here is a sticky post out of experts. If I can be of any assistance send me an email with any other questions.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365687

Ah, yes; a jab.

Select,

Have you ever considered the possibility there may be other reasons some of us refuse to obtain a CCP or pay for a tax stamp?

It's not an issue of "can't", but "won't".

You see, there are a few, damn few I might add, that still believe 'shall not be infringed' means exactly that. You wanna crawl? Go right ahead; no one is stopping you, however, do not believe that because you submit to permits and engage in 'stamp' collecting that somehow you are more of a man or citizen that those of us who don't.

It's quite the opposite.
    edited November -1
    Man if you need the money just say so. Problem is if you can't afford the 200 washingtons how the hell can you afford to feed a NFA weapon.
    edited November -1
    Man if you need the money just say so. Problem is if you can't afford the 200 washingtons how the hell can you afford to feed a NFA weapon.
    Yawn
    edited November -1

It's not an issue of pennies, rather principles.
    edited November -1
    Principals? That is your choice. Any one else can go ahead and do it. No one has denied anyone else the choice. Constitution is alive and well. IF you want one go get it. If not quit bellyaching. Your choice. No where has anyone been singled out.
    edited November -1
    Principals? That is your choice. Any one else can go ahead and do it. No one has denied anyone else the choice. Constitution is alive and well. IF you want one go get it. If not quit bellyaching. Your choice. No where has anyone been singled out.

'Constitution is alive and well'? What rock are you living under?

I 'could' go ahead and do it, but I will not. Why? I have priciples. Besides, if I want that type of weapon, I will just hold tight and wait until an outright 'turn them all in' ban is implemented.

Then, I will have any weapon I want. No permits, no taxes, and cheap to boot.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Your dreaming right. You actually think the 1934 Ban or the 68 gun control act is going away. Are you serious? April fools day is a long way off.
    edited November -1
    Your dreaming right. You actually think the 1934 Ban or the 68 gun control act is going away. Are you serious? April fools day is a long way off.

Not at all; in fact, I believe the opposite is true.

I look for mandatory registration of ALL privately owned firearms, followed by an outright ban.

It is at that point that I will have anything I wish to have.
    edited November -1
    Mandatory registation could happen. De regulation will not. I said it , three years ago that assault weapons could be registered and a amount paid upon registration. Highly doubt pistols or shotguns, long guns ever will be registered.
    edited November -1
    Mandatory registation could happen. De regulation will not. I said it , three years ago that assault weapons could be registered and a amount paid upon registration. Highly doubt pistols or shotguns, long guns ever will be registered.

Yeah,

Keep believing that. Of course, I imagine that you'd run right out and register all you have.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

I look for mandatory registration of ALL privately owned firearms, followed by an outright ban.

Well what are you going to do??
    edited November -1

Well what are you going to do??

I answered your question with my last sentence.
    edited November -1

I got that now.
    edited November -1

I got that now.

Yeah, you do.

You also have the permits, stamps, and pricetags to go along with them.

When 'that day' arrives, I won't.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Look moron, just cause you can't get one leave the guy alone. I bet he will pass a federal background check.
    A small glimpse into your lack of character.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You seem to have either no concept, or no regard for the principles we were founded upon, or the text of Amendment II.

Either way, you and your ilk are a massive part of why this Republic is dying.

It is as simple as that.......oh and a great big 'yawn' to your babbling's.

You bore me.
    edited November -1

I got that now.

Yeah, you do.

Pennies
    edited November -1

I got that now.

Yeah, you do.

Pennies

[?]
    edited November -1
    Awfully hard to see the forest..OR the trees..when one is bellydown in front of their Master.

A person ought, I suppose, to feel pity for such as that...but contempt gets in the way of pity.