In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you sell........................

2»

Comments

• Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    I see the fox is still hanging in there. Good for you tr.

I have no issue with violent criminals having guns. I have alot of issue with the fact that they have no fear in using them. That said, maybe more guns in the hands of criminals will force people to have the paradigm shift it takes to realize that they are just waiting to be victimized. Then, maybe, just maybe, they will take responsibility for their own safety and off some of these criminals. Then the criminals will start thinking twice before committing a crime that may cost them their lives. The threat of jail sure as hell isn't a deterrent.

Would I knowingly sell one to someone I suspect is a dirtbag? Hell, no. But then, that's my perogative. TR-I may not like the way you look and not sell one to you (doubt it , but hey who knows?)
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    did sell a gun once not to long ago(SKS), gave the guy a B.O.S he REQUESTED AND he filled out , deal was done, then he went to talking about he couldn't own a hand gun as he was on parole,[:0]

i handed him his money back as i still had the gun in my hand showing him how to work it at the time.

he started to get lippy and long story short ,

he said i have a receipt for a gun and i want it ,then he said do we need to get the LAW involved,[:0][:(!]

so i said i guess we do...[}:)]

HE GOT 8 MONTHS IN COUNTY LOCK UP..... [^][:p]

took 3 months to get my gun back from the crime lab.[V]
  • Options
    islandhammerislandhammer Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neither the US Constitution nor the Bill of Rights 'grant' any rights to US citizens. They merely reaffirm the US governments belief in the existing God given rights to each citizen. Obviously these documents have been twisted to mean all kinds of crazy crap, but the original purpose cannot be disputed. quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

So are you saying that private citizens can violate my constitutional rights and should be allowed to get away with it?

Did you sleep through elementary school civics?

The Constitution limits the power of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, not private citizens.

For example, Freedom of Expression.
    You, tr fox, would not be subject to federal prosecution if you called your boss a mentally-challenged *.

You could, however, get fired if he discovered your opinion. [:)]

In red above. Partially false. Of course the constitution limits the power of the federal government and I believe all other governments. But at the same time it also bestows rights upon the citizens. Free speech, free association, gun rights, etc. So if an individual violates your rights, then they have done just that. Violated your rights and ARE subject to prosecution.

Or are you saying that while the US Government cannot violate your constitutional rights, that any and all citizens can do so?