In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To sell a gun

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
I am interested in selling a shotgun that I know longer use. Question: Can I sell a gun without an FFL ? I plan to list such item on gunbroker.Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    With the amount of posts you allready have, I am surprised you don't allready know. (No, I am not saying that to be an *, I am just surprised).

You don't have to be an FFL to sell a shotgun. The receiving FFL MAY not accept a gun from a private individual however. Make sure you post in you auction that the receiving FFL must accept from a private shipper, IF you plan to ship it yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    With the amount of posts you allready have, I am surprised you don't allready know. (No, I am not saying that to be an *, I am just surprised).

You don't have to be an FFL to sell a shotgun. The receiving FFL MAY not accept a gun from a private individual however. Make sure you post in you auction that the receiving FFL must accept from a private shipper, IF you plan to ship it yourself.
    I have bought many guns on line,but never have sold one.Don't want the Feds at my door for nothing.Do I have to ship to an FFL? Thanks for your reply.I have sold some hunting guns in the past,but local,no interstate trade.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I have bought many guns on line,but never have sold one.Don't want the Feds at my door for nothing.Do I have to ship to an FFL? Thanks for your reply.I have sold some hunting guns in the past,but local,no interstate trade.

If you are shipping interstate, you need to ship it to an FFL dealer or at least a C&R FFL holder if it's over 50 years old (unless banned by state or local laws).
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Yeah, you need to ship to an FFL.

I would price check in your neighborhood, with an FFL that might do the shipping for you. It may be cheaper for you to go that route, or it may not. Lower shipping cost may translate to a higher bid for you in the end too.

Don't forget to plug your auction over on the GD board.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks all,Willie.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU can mail a long gun yourself to the receiving FFL, through the USPS. That is the cheapest way. But like freemind said, make sure the receiving FFL will accept it from you instead of insisting it come from another FFL. Usually a copy of your drivers license is all that is required.

Papers please.........[V]
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not sell shotgun locally FTF, no paperwork or fuss? Is private sales banned in your state? We regularly sell/trade guns here in Colorado. Always been able to find whatever a guy wants locally within a week or two.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can sell gun here,if someone wants it!But I have not been able to find a buyer.