In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Lawsuit against DC and right to carry

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
Thanks wpage. [;)]

quote:As one of the plaintiffs who sued the District for the right to keep handguns in the home, Palmer has one notch on his belt. Now he's suing the city again, this time for the right to carry firearms in public.
Read more here....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR2010022003376.html

How refreshing. [:D]
Suing the city for the RIGHT to carry outside their homes, INSTEAD OF trying to pass a law giving citizens "PERMISSION" to carry.

Oh, that's right, the Second Amendment Foundation is behind this, NOT THE NRA.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome...
    It is gratifying to see free men stand for their right. The framers would have gagged if they had no right to defend their home from common thugs...
    In what repressed regime are folks not allowed to protect home and family from harm.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone take note that one of the four plaintiffs is openly gay?

Good for the Second Amendment Foundation. They are not merely a shill for the Republican right.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge

Good for the Second Amendment Foundation. They are not merely a shill for the Republican right.

They did the same thing in the suit to strike down Washington State's Seattle's ban on carrying in public areas, chaos. There is much about this group to like.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I did notice.
    A diverse group indeed.
    My question would be, do they have a female on the list?

quote:So they went about choosing the plaintiffs for the next D.C. gun case carefully. Black, white, gay, straight, Republican, Democrat, libertarian -- together they represent what Gura calls "everyday Americans," "a diverse group of good people from all corners of our society."
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

I did notice.
    A diverse group indeed.
    My question would be, do they have a female on the list?

quote:So they went about choosing the plaintiffs for the next D.C. gun case carefully. Black, white, gay, straight, Republican, Democrat, libertarian -- together they represent what Gura calls "everyday Americans," "a diverse group of good people from all corners of our society."

Good question and this is why I have a lot more respect for most people in this forum.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I should join this group?
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Please tell me you are not really asking others to think for you?
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that is true it would only help in todays courtroom arenas
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

They did the same thing in the suit to strike down Washington State's Seattle's ban on carrying in public areas, chaos. There is much about this group to like.

Yes sir, you are correct Don...they are also the same organization that helped us locate our attorney and is willing to help us with press releases in our case against the ISP. They are VERY proactive.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I support the SAF. In fact I have a letter from a few years ago written and signed by the then head of SAF,(Allan Goldberg or some such, if I wanted to tell you a lie, I would just Google it and be sure I had the name correct) regarding a gun rights idea I had.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    A mistake is starting across the road without looking.

Homicide is telling your neighbor to walk across the road while you block his view of the Mack truck barreling down that road.

Your urgings to support gun control, or organizations that do so is as contemptible.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Sadly, even though the NRA was the only organization (that I know of) that worked on this, many here will continue to hate the NRA.

I support the SAF. In fact I have a letter from a few years ago written and signed by the then head of SAF,(Allan Goldberg or some such, if I wanted to tell you a lie, I would just Google it and be sure I had the name correct) regarding a gun rights idea I had.

Mr. Fox.

I am having difficulty reconciling these two statements. Care to help?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Please tell me you are not really asking others to think for you?

It would serve you well. Not being able to, and all.