In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Austin Chief of Police

steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
Can go back to calicrapia. This weekend at the local gun show, it has been illegaly made illegal for a person to person transaction at the HEB owned building on N. Lamar in Austin TX. Please feel free (even if not from TX) to call his office at 512-974-2000 or 512-972-9876. I will fight this. Please help me flood his office with calls.
steve

Comments

• Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steve,

I also made sure this was posted over in the GD forum.[;)]

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=430634

Shane
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Steve,

It's a lost cause.[V]

43 reads with 2 replies on this post, and 160 reads with 13 replies over in GD. Folks do not seem too upset over the rape of liberty by our own government.

After all, football games are more important.

We're toast.[V]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lawsuit needs to be filed, among other things...[:(]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Steve,

It's a lost cause.[V]

43 reads with 2 replies on this post, and 160 reads with 13 replies over in GD. Folks do not seem too upset over the rape of liberty by our own government.

We're toast.[V]

Shane, I know it's hard not to lose heart, I do it. But look at your numbers and realize... you're meeting the 3% threshold with room to spare.[:)] It will always be this way, human nature.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I just went to GD, seems to be doin a bit better....
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assuming HEB Austin is the Grocery Chain, and that it is private property, how is this being justified? Did the chief succumb to ATF pressure, or is this his own idea?

There is no doubt a mechanism in the City of Austin to address grievances with law enforcement. The fist step, IMO, would be over the head of the chief and file a formal grievance. It may go nowhere, but it will force a reaction and a finding of some sort. That reaction and that finding will determine the next course of action.

It would also be beneficial if there was an injured party; one that was arrested under this policy. I doubt there would be legal standing for a lawsuit without an arrest, though there should be for the obvious reasons.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WSfiredude, thanks for setting this topic ablaze over in GD. I'm still hunting up more info but I will definatly be holding a picket sign next month. There were some good ideas over in general but this needs to go as viral as it can.
    steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Steve,

Here is a scanned copy of a flyer handed out at the show:

publicnotice.jpg

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    Rex MahanRex Mahan Member Posts: 529 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats going on with this.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rex Mahan

Here is the web site of Tx Gun Shows.

Let us know what you find out.

Your neighbor
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor

Your neighbor

Link[?]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Surprises me to see that happening in Texas...
    What is your recourse. Did you contact the NRA ILA?
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor

Your neighbor

Link[?]

oops

http://texasgunshows.net/default.aspx
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Austin Texas. Thats in the news today...
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    If there is no statue/law prohibiting this they can take no action. If anyone has access to a statue prohibiting please post it.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    Austin is the closest thing to San Francisco found in Texas. It's full of commies, liberals, and homos.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Steve,

Here is a scanned copy of a flyer handed out at the show:

publicnotice.jpg

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

I would think the freedom fighters here would have paid attention to two very important words on this flyer. "being asked." Not told, or reminded on any law, city ordinance or BATFE rule. Just being "asked" not to sell person to person. I believe the logic being used here is that so many gun owners are scared to death of the BATFE, that all they have to do is to "ask" and those gun owners will comply. And it appears to be working.

But I am surprised that such a wimpy and unconstitutional assault on or second amendment rights hasn't caused the usual anti-NRA complaining crowd to go on a rampage against that "request." I would think that many of the little anti_NRA gang here would have jumped in their cars and decended on that Austin gun show enmass and made sure they did a person to person sale right in front of the police and BATFE. But hey, that would mean coming out from behind the safety of a keyboard and taking an actual risk in the real world.

If such a thing happens here in the KC area, unlike the anti-NRA gang here and their lack of action, I will take action. I will get a friend and act like we want to do a person to person sale and go to the nearest police officer or BATFE agent and ask to know just what is the penalty (and what is the legal basis for that penalty) if we proceed with the supposely illegal sale/transaction.

Heck, even now, for anyone who cares do try and cause some trouble for that commie police chief, if you can somehow provide an Austin mailing address, send a certified letter demanding to know what is the penalty for anyone who disobeyed that "request" not to sell person to person. Any answer you get might surprise you and give you more to work with. If you get no answer then you have a complaint about that lack of reply to take to various organizations and/or people.

Now that may not be much, but it is hell of a lot more than sitting in the comfort of your computer room, safe behind your keyboard doing nothing. If fact, we all know that what the Austin police did was wrong and probably illegal. So if you don't like my idea, think of your own idea to stir some fooey up.

Did you even notice that there is no name of anyone who was responsible for putting that flyer up? It could have been anyone. And why would anyone obey an anonomyus flyer anyway?
  • Options
    GF132GF132 Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The simple act of handing out or posting anonymous flyers now carries the weight of law? I have to hand it to the anti-gun folks behind that prank, especially if it worked! If it was effective, maybe next time they'll print out a flyer stating all gun sales are banned! Why bother with the hassle of trying to get actual gun ban laws passed when people are so willing to give up their rights without question or arguement.
  • Options
    carbonwarriorcarbonwarrior Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This sucks, i have been going to this saxet gun show for 13yrs. The cops and ATF are all over it and arrest felons and illegals for buying guns off citizens. HEB doesn't want any heat over guns as they sell food. I think the cops should want a place to get bad guys instead of back steet deals they have no control over. That said the APD chief does some good and lots of bad. he has cops draw blood from dui suspects like in cali with or without their consent, wants cameras everwhere to watch everbody. big brother is here
  • Options
    freedomfighterfreedomfighter Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steve,

It's a lost cause.[V]

We're toast.[V]

TV is important, not reality. Football, soap operas and faux news.

Good spirit of freedom there! Don't give up . . . consider a completely different strategy that is more advanced than any other ever proposed to protect rights, not just gun rights. It WILL get that done tho, then keep right on going. I've made a thread about it.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=434277

I'm so pissed off about what the infiltrated gov is doin' I'm ready to recommend self control to friends and neighbors just so we don't look so much like we need to be controlled.