In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M203 Barrel

shark1j@aol.comshark1j@aol.com Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
If i buy a M203 barrel 40mm. Do I need to have it registered? Do I need to mail it to a FFL dealer and pick it up from there once the checks are done? Or can I have it mailed to my house? ? ?

Comments

• Options
    RedoubtableRedoubtable Member Posts: 69
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shark1j@aol.com
    If i buy a M203 barrel 40mm. Do I need to have it registered? Do I need to mail it to a FFL dealer and pick it up from there once the checks are done? Or can I have it mailed to my house? ? ?

From what I can see in looking around on the internet, a M203 grenade launcher is designated a destructive device. Parts from which a destructive device can be readily constructed are also regulated so you'll probably not be able to ship it to yourself directly.

I am not a lawyer so please don't take my word as absolute on this. I could be horribly wrong and I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble because I gave out bad advice.
  • Options
    lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the closest thing you can legally get without jumping thru hoops and paying a considerable tax is a 37mm "flare" launcher that looks very much like a M203. That you can have shipped to your house without any red tape.
    Just google: 37mm launcher or havoc launcher or 37mm havoc
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A barrel is legal to own unless it is against some local or state law.

CP