In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What I'm Going to Do

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
My daughter and I have noticed for a long time that there are many, many people (especially the young people. The very ones we need to reach in an effort to save gun rights) have some interest in obtaining a KS concealed carry license but don't have a high enough interest to pay the $100-150 for the class or to even go to the trouble to find out exactly how they can obtain their CCW license.

So, here is a project my daughter and I are working on. Through the NRA we have located the name and address of the KC Metro area NRA certified pistol instructors that can give us a class so that my daughter and I can become certified CCW instructors. There appear to be only about 2 instructors within a 500 mile radius of the KC area. I have already sent emails to those 2 instructors inquiring about their next class date,cost, etc.

As long as we have the time, money and energy, daughter and I are going to go ahead and become certified instructors. Then when we encounter someone who is interest in getting a CCW, we can immediately get them started instead of sending them off somewhere and hoping they follow through. Our logic is that the more people who obtain a CCW license, the better it will be for the safety of our gun rights in general.

And the icing on the cake for those people will be that daughter and I am not going into this to make a profit. We will even try to offer the course for free or at least for a lot less than the $100.00 current charges.

NOw don't start flaming me by saying I like or support CCW laws. According to the US AND THE KANSAS CONSTITUTION, lawful citizens should be able to freely own and carry firearms without any stinking government permit. But as more and more people get CCW licenses and hopefully people become more gun friendly, maybe we can at some point start living by those constitutional rights and do away with CCW licenses.

I do the best I can with what I have. Right now the best we can do if we want to carry concealed is to get a license. I don't like or agree with it, but that is the world we live in. If we would all work together, maybe we could take back our gun rights and constitutional rights in general.

(Yeah, like working together is ever gonna happen)

That is what my daughter and I are (among other things) trying to do for gun rights. What are you doing (other than flaming me)?

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry,

I was reading your post, shaking my head.
    (up and down, in a POSITIVE manner, FOR A CHANGE)

I was going to ask a question like,
    is there any other certification that the state will accept?

Then you said that you do not like or agree with, having to get a license, which I understand, and would agree.
    (mark it on your calendar)

I wasn't going to say anything about the UN-constitutionality of the license, as you pointed out, considering we have ALL been over that time and again.

Then came the following quote, and it was like a SLAP IN THE FACE.
    Same ole tr fox, can't say anything without taking a JAB at someone.
    Just couldn't leave good enough alone.
    Spoiled the whole post. [V]

quote:Originally posted by tr fox

What are you doing (other than flaming me)?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Larry,

Then you said that you do not like or agree with, having to get a license, which I understand, and would agree.

I wasn't going to say anything about the UN-constitutionality of the license, as you pointed out, considering we have ALL been over that time and again.

Geez, you mean I came "this close" to making a post you liked? DAMN the luck! If only I had been more careful.

Tell ya' what. Give time for your fellow extremists to wake up and start posting, and if my comments are not proven I will delete them and apologize.

BTW, what are you doing for gun rights other than posting about how I "almost" made a post you agreed with?
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:BTW, what are you doing for gun rights other than posting about how I "almost" made a post you agreed with?

We both have educated one other man each in this world about the true meaning and intent of the Second Amendment.

That is FAR more then you and yours have done in your ENTIRE LIFE..concerning gun control abatement.

What will spring out of your CCW classes is poisoned fruit..for you have NO understanding of Gun Rights.

UNLESS your daughter has been reading these posts for years..instead of listening to you..She will also have no understanding. Both of you will pass on your flawed conjecture concerning the Rights of man versus the power of the state.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:BTW, what are you doing for gun rights other than posting about how I "almost" made a post you agreed with?

We both have educated one other man each in this world about the true meaning and intent of the Second Amendment.

That is FAR more then you and yours have done in your ENTIRE LIFE..concerning gun control abatement.

What will spring out of your CCW classes is poisoned fruit..for you have NO understanding of Gun Rights.

UNLESS your daughter has been reading these posts for years..instead of listening to you..She will also have no understanding. Both of you will pass on your flawed conjecture concerning the Rights of man versus the power of the state.
    That, right there, is about the most on-point, accurate assessment that has been posted on these forums to date.

Brother Bert, you knocked that one out of the park. Short, sweet and deadly accurate.

A picture-perfect snapshot of the erosion of Amendment II and how it continues to flourish.

Loss of knowledge and understanding, development of perverted views and perverted understanding of Constitutional text, passed on through the generations, then nurtured and fed by the NRA and their kindred spirits who infest the Republic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jeff ;
    I have you and the several others that post regularly to thank for any modest wordsmithing I do.

You guys are so good...I must rack my brains to say it somehow differently..so as to not just blend in with the already superb dialog I read here often.

I am amazed and humbled by the arguments you guys make on a regular basis.and I am so deeply thankful that you'all are out there.I cannot emphasize enough the comfort that gives to an old man.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry,

Geez, you mean I came "this close" to making a post you liked? DAMN the luck! If only I had been more careful.

Tell ya' what. Give time for your fellow extremists constitutionalists to wake up and start posting, and if my comments are not proven I will delete them and apologize.

BTW, what are you doing for gun rights other than posting about how I "almost" made a post you agreed with?

First off I fixed it for ya. [;)]

We have invainly been educating those collectivly brainwashed induviduals about the true meaning of "shall not be infringed" instead of the collectivist meaning of "shall be safely/resonably infringed" for the good of the masses sheeple.
    Not only here where MANY can be reached, but(by me)telling my friends,fellow hunters,gun range associates ect the same.

For starters....
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Jeff ;
    I have you and the several others that post regularly to thank for any modest wordsmithing I do.

You guys are so good...I must rack my brains to say it somehow differently..so as to not just blend in with the already superb dialog I read here often.

I am amazed and humbled by the arguments you guys make on a regular basis.and I am so deeply thankful that you'all are out there.I cannot emphasize enough the comfort that gives to an old man.

Old man?

I once saw this young fellow that was young, dumb, and full of...

Well, you get the picture. Anyhow, he was spouting off his mouth to an 'old man', and proceeded to get his * kicked in a rather expeditious and efficient manner.

HB; don't sell yourself short.

'Old' doesn't really mean all that much.

'Man'; that's what counts.[;)]
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    This is What you should do TRFox: Try to get the 90% of people that dont vote in the NRA voteing.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Larry,

My point was proven. See above.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Larry,

As usual you guys expect perfection from others all the while you have no such perfection to offer.

Case in point is that you yourself, Pickitup, did what you accused me of doing. You started out your post, a comment on my original post, with me nodding my head (up and down instead of from side to side) yet when you got near the end you just had to throw in your usual, knee-jerk criticisms of me. Gee, that was kinda like, oh,I don't know. Maybe A SLAP IN THE FACE!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see you are still too STUPID to even get a name right.
    I have never once changed your name, trying to insult you.
    YOU, on the other hand, DO lower yourself to that level.
    SAD really. [V]

I am guilty as charged,
    I intentionally SLAPPED YOU IN THE FACE.
    Just showing that YOU are working AGAINST our gun rights.

So that is all you have to say about my post.
    Didn't answer any question, as usual.
    I will not post that information again.

I just wonder if you will be STUPID enough in the future, to ask me what "I" do, for (ALL) our rights. We shall see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, half way there to getting certified to be a concealed carry instructor. I located a local NRA pistol instructor who is qualified to give my daughter and me a class so that we can be certified concealed instructors. He seems like a really decent guy. His advertised class price is $350.00 with no minimum number of students required. Of course that would have cost me $700.00 (ouch) for my daughter and me to take the class. I asked him if he could offer a discount since he would be getting two students. He said yes and asked what I thought was a fair price. So I then explained to him that we were doing this, not really to make money, but to help further gun rights. I also explained that daughter and I felt that by helping further gun rights, we were also furthering constitutional rights in general. Reason being that as people develop a strong attachment to their gun rights, most such people start to notice that their government is usually trying to take away those gun rights. At that point, a lot of people start to pay attention to the constitution and notice that the government routinely deprives most citizens of many of those constitutional rights.

With that said, he slashed his price to $250.00 for both of us and will also throw in a CRO (Certified Range Officer I believe) class. Damn nice guy. I sent him a check and he order the instruction material from the NRA. Class starts this week.

I thought I better get this done before you guys run the NRA out of business. Reason being that if it were not for this NRA instructor (or one like him) I frankly do not know how anyone could ever find an instructor to get a concealed carry license or, as daughter and I are doing, become a concealed carry instructor.

Daughter wants to give free classes only to her friends and then give other classes trying to make a little money. She already has several friends that have agreed to take their concealed carry class from daughter just as soon as she is qualified. These friends are people who have been thinking about getting their CCW for quite awhile. But without this extra push from my daughter, I believe they would do like thousands of people and just keep on thinking about getting their CCW license but never actually doing so. In my case, as long as I can make it work for me, I am just going to give free classes to anyone who wants one and is serious about going on and actually obtaining their CCW license.

I have come to believe that if you have a hobby or a behavior that you like to engage in, and that hobby or behavior is always under attack, one of the best ways to protect that hobby or behavior from being outlawed is to get as many other people as possible to start engaging in that behavior. I truly believe that there are truthfully MILLIONS of handgun owners who, if you make it crazy easy for them, would stop waiting and go ahead and get their CCW.

We shall see if my theory is correct.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I have come to believe that if you have a hobby or a behavior that you like to engage in, and that hobby or behavior is always under attack

Fatal flaw in your thinking.

This is about LIBERTY...not a hobby or behavior...A mere plaything to you...a deadly serious lifestyle for those of us supporting the Constitution.
    You are a dilettante...and have raised a daughter just like you. Too bad...but utter proof of my contention that poisoned fruit can do naught by poison.
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think liablity. Where are the classes going to be conducted ? Home or rented, or public area? This venture may require some liablity insurance. Home owners insurance will not cover this.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have got to go with the Constitution and the 2nd amendment...
    Without the Constitution we are lost!
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do the anti gun, pro liberal, government slaves even bother coming here, as you would be better off going where you are welcome with the liberals and brady bunch which are one in the same. If you don't believe in the Constitution and uphold it the way it was written and not as a liberal government interpretation of the same along with their stupid privileges and other anti constitutional nonsense then you don't belong here. Do you think its going to be any different when the shtf and you are exposed for who you really are, do you really think that Patriot Constitutionalists are going to actually let the antis join us, you are either with us or against us there is NO compromise there is NO interpretation, so decide which side you are on and end this stupid bickering already.