In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got my "Census" form today...

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
Nevermind, just answered "how many", as the Constitution says.[:D]

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm thinkin of using a crayon, and writing "Two people live here" front and back of every form.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    JP;
    It is one thing to talk about what I intend doing...quite another to urge others to do so.
    I intend fulfilling the OBJECTIVE of a 'census' form. Fines be damned.
  • Options
    dfassbendersrdfassbendersr Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fines? I intend to list occupants and nothing else. Can they really fine you for abiding the constitution?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfassbendersr
    Fines? I intend to list occupants and nothing else. Can they really fine you for abiding the constitution?

This comes as a surprise?

The fuds can do wahtever they want, whenever they want.

Unless of coarse, if we Americans stand up to them.
  • Options
    dfassbendersrdfassbendersr Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds like a crock of you know what to me! What amazes me is I got what I thought was a census form in the mail today. But thats not what I got. I got a letter telling me to expect a census form in the mail next week! Are you freeking kidding me? Did anyone else get one of these? Are we that rich of a nation that we can design, print and mail forms to tell 300,000,000+ people that we'll be doing the same thing next week? And all of the advertising I keep hearing. Is it all really necessary? What does big brother hope to gain from this?
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds like a crock of you know what to me! What amazes me is I got what I thought was a census form in the mail today. But thats not what I got. I got a letter telling me to expect a census form in the mail next week! Are you freeking kidding me? Did anyone else get one of these? Are we that rich of a nation that we can design, print and mail forms to tell 300,000,000+ people that we'll be doing the same thing next week? And all of the advertising I keep hearing. Is it all really necessary? What does big brother hope to gain from this?
    I got mine yesterday.[V] He's creating jobs, ain't he?[:(!]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elubsme
    I got mine yesterday.[V] He's creating jobs, ain't he?[:(!]
    Yep, same here.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My "notice" that I will receive one,
    came with the WRONG CITY listed on it.

Under threat of fines, aren't they supposed to be FACTUAL?
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    My "notice" that I will receive one,
    came with the WRONG CITY listed on it.

Under threat of fines, aren't they supposed to be FACTUAL?
    No, that's just you. They can do as they please, just like the IRS and all those other gov't goon agencies.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    What is this fine, for just telling them 2 people live here?
  • Options
    MikecNJMikecNJ Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama wants to reassure Illegals that it is "FINE" to be here and to fill out their forms........!!!
    ( and soon they will Get FREE HC.....)

What part of "Illegal" does he not understand?? Well, I guess his Aunt who defied a court order for deportation 6 years ago, and has been getting FREE housing in Boston....can fill out her papers.......LOL

More tax money down the drain!

What makes me laugh is that I just had to renew my driver lic and had to show 6 forms of proof, checked by 3 different DMV people......
    And NJ wants to GIVE illegals drivers lic's.....How can they come up with 6 forms of proof IF they are ILLEGAL???
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wish they would support the law & export welfare auntie like judge ordered years ago
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess maybe you haven't heard, but the census only applies to legal citizen's of this country .. or at least that is what one group in one of our Arizona border towns is pushing.

Ref: http://www.yumasun.com/news/immigrants-57371-ariz-luis.html

"SAN LUIS, Ariz. - A citizens watchdog group in this city is joining a nationwide campaign urging illegal immigrants not to be counted in the 2010 census.

Residents in Defense of the People is taking up the call of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders because "we agree with this organization that rather than benefiting them, (the census) will hurt them," said David Lara, a member of the San Luis group"

I guess the concept here is that if you enter the country illegally, none of the other requirements apply to you either.

[:(!] and you can probably be assured that none will be prosecuted for failure to fill out their census forms. Is this a great society or what?
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MikecNJ
    Obama wants to reassure Illegals that it is "FINE" to be here and to fill out their forms........!!!
    ( and soon they will Get FREE HC.....)
    What part of "Illegal" does he not understand?? Well, I guess his Aunt who defied a court order for deportation 6 years ago, and has been getting FREE housing in Boston....can fill out her papers.......LOL
    Well technically BO, being born in Kenya IS illegally the POTUS. So that should tell you how "legal" his concerns are for the law/constitution.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Well technically BO, being born in Kenya IS illegally the POTUS. So that should tell you how "legal" his concerns are for the law/constitution.

Makes perfect sense .. total amnesty, then full voting rights, and then right to become POTUS ......

That would sure do away with having to provide that nasty proof that he refuses to deal with.

[:p]