In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shooting at Tanner Gun Show in Denver

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
I attended the Tanner Gun Show yesterday in Denver, CO. I was at the back of the venue when a gun shot rang out near the front around 2 PM. It got real quiet, but no one panicked and very quickly everyone went about their business. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to those in the back of the show, an individual had been shot in the upper torso and, as of today, is still hospitalized with unreported injuries. I've heard several divergent explanations for the shooting but none have been confirmed, so I won't share them here. I was about done browsing anyhow, so I left the show not long after. I don't know if the show is continuing as scheduled today or not. You can Google details on the web for information on breaking news. However, the web is already full of antigun rhetoric and calls to shut down all gun shows. Thought folks would want to be aware of this incident and remain informed.

BTW, as I drove the 50 miles of I-25 yesterday from Colorado Springs to Denver, I observed at least 20 cars that had slid off the road to due to the icy conditions and one 10-car pile-up! Surveying the fresh snow along side the highway and all the dented guardrails, I saw evidence dozens of other vehicles had slid off the road overnight. Odds are those cars were in the ditch because drivers were : 1) disobeying the law; 2) acting foolishly; or 3) disregarding their training. All that on one 50-mile stretch of highway in a state that got hammered by snow on Friday night, causing horrible driving conditions. The cost of this weekend's Colorado traffic accidents will never be known, but I guarantee the total will reach into the many thousands of dollars....maybe millions. I pray there were no traffic-related deaths, but I know there were injuries. So, while one tragic shooting at a Colorado gun show draws outrage from the antigun crowd, there's no simiilar public outcry for this weekend's carnage on Colorado highways.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    taking your car away is not a current agenda
  • tinalouisetinalouise Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks have already speculated that the errant "shot" was staged to whip up enthusiasm for gun confiscation.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tinalouise
    Some folks have already speculated that the errant "shot" was staged to whip up enthusiasm for gun confiscation.
    good
  • Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This just released:

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. -- A man who accidentally shot his friend at the Tanner Gun show last weekend will not be charged, Adams County authorities said Friday.

Joshua Hertzler, 24, of Thornton, and his friend Grand Edmunds, 22, of Laramie, Wyo., were at the Denver Merchandise Mart last Saturday.

At a display table, Hertzler picked up a gun whose trigger was zip-tied to prevent it from firing, according to a joint statement by Adams County District Attorney Don Quick and Sheriff Doug Darr.

As Hertzler handled the gun, it accidentally fired and a bullet hit Edmunds, his friend since childhood, in the upper body, the officials said. The friend remains in good condition at a local hospital, the officials said.

"Based on statements of all the witnesses, including the victim, the shooting was an accident," Quick said. "Therefore, no charges will be filed against Mr. Hertzler."

The statement said the investigation continues "regarding other aspects of the case," without offering details.

Earlier, Adams County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Candi Baker said it is illegal to have a loaded gun at a gun show.

The Tanner Gun Show states on its Web site that all guns brought into the gun show must be unloaded, including concealed weapons. All guns must be shown at the door and tied with a safety on the trigger.

Shooting witnesses told TheDenverChannel.com the blame fell on the gun dealer, who they said should never have had a loaded gun on display.

Other's said the customer simply should have known better.

"Any gun you pick up off a table, you automatically assume its loaded," said shooting witness Mark Cameron. "It's not a toy. It's a gun."

Last September, a vendor at a gun show in Loveland accidentally shot himself in the leg while showing a firearm.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fairlane66
    Earlier, Adams County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Candi Baker said it is illegal to have a loaded gun at a gun show.
    On the table at a display well one would think out of common sense if anything, but apparently its not common to some I guess.
    The Tanner Gun Show states on its Web site that all guns brought into the gun show must be unloaded, including concealed weapons.
    Really, so then that would apply to the police and federal agents then too, yeah right, as I certainly WILL NOT adhere to any of that nonsense and for example have been asked by the police to remove my coat before at the gate at a state fair and I refused, so we didn't go.
    Shooting witnesses told TheDenverChannel.com the blame fell on the gun dealer, who they said should never have had a loaded gun on display.
    One would wonder, hope there aren't any live grenades too, geez.
    Last September, a vendor at a gun show in Loveland accidentally shot himself in the leg while showing a firearm.
    Unbelievable, no one from gunbroker lets hope, damn don't these people ever check the chamber, should be second nature, hopefully they aren't using their ear as a clearing barrel too.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess he never learned not to ever point any gun at someone.
    edited November -1
    Certainly cant understand why anyone would feel the need to point the muzzle of a weapon at someone in the first place in order to show it to them.
  • BobsbulletsBobsbullets Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Werwolf,

You show your ignorance by saying stuff like this....Do you think he shot his friend on purpose? Oh...By the Way your former Vice President Shot a man while hunting....I'm sure he gets a free pass because he's a convervative, right?

You quoted -"What about these child killing, gun grabbing, homo helping government storm troopers, who have sworn allegiance to the united nations, are they Americans?"

Answer-"HELL NO their not Americans

First of all, not sure what Hell No Their not Americans means, as it again shows your ignorance...When you were in the Marines, were we not in the United Nations?

The hate speech that you are spouting about 'Homos' is very mature. I certainly do not agree with you, but lots of 'Homos Americans' have fought and died for your right to say stupid things on the Internet...
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    So is it your intent to run around the forum and pi$$ in Werwolf's Wheaties every Chance you get?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bobsbullets
    Werwolf,
    You show your ignorance by saying stuff like this....Do you think he shot his friend on purpose? Oh...By the Way your former Vice President Shot a man while hunting....I'm sure he gets a free pass because he's a convervative, right?
    You quoted -"What about these child killing, gun grabbing, homo helping government storm troopers, who have sworn allegiance to the united nations, are they Americans?"
    Answer-"HELL NO their not Americans
    First of all, not sure what Hell No Their not Americans means, as it again shows your ignorance...When you were in the Marines, were we not in the United Nations?
    The hate speech that you are spouting about 'Homos' is very mature. I certainly do not agree with you, but lots of 'Homos Americans' have fought and died for your right to say stupid things on the Internet...

I have NO president and the description of the government and their goons is accurate, if you don't like it write your master and complain. Geez, another windup, you prove yourself to be a fool and an ignorant cur by your context, lack of comprehension and miserable character, yet you call others names of whom you do not even know, to attempt to build your worthless self up which will never happen you are pathetic, didn't mommy and daddy give you what you needed. Go join the brady bunch and the ymca and keep defending your buddies there while your at it, as I am sure they just love you.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    So is it your intent to run around the forum and pi$$ in Werwolf's Wheaties every Chance you get?

No, he likes to pi$$ in everyone's wheaties including his own. Obviously one of the liberal idiots on this board that frequent here to attempt to undermine Patriots and the Constitution and the Republic and slander wounded Veterans alike and promote their filth and corruption.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More childish antics. [V]