In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Americans Required To Purchase Insurance Or Else

WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
Just in case anyone was interested to all those that have been following this and the unconstitutional garbage jammed into this thing like a trojan horse...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100322/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

Unfortunately, looks like its official now, "For the first time, most Americans would be required to purchase insurance, and face penalties if they refused."
This isn't going to go very well and could just start serious civil unrest or at least pave the way to it along with States refusing federal gun control laws, Tea Parties, etc something is going to spark this thing eventually, like a fire in a fuel depot.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Exactly. And if you don't buy insurance then you have to pay a fine to the government of several hundreds of dollars. And if you REFUSE to pay that fine? Well, what happens if you refuse to pay your income taxes?

YOU GO TO PRISON!

Why would it be any different if you refuse to pay your fine for not obeying the unconstitutional requirement that you purchase health insurance? Can you imagine being in a federal prison surrounded by hardened criminals and telling them you are in there because you refused to buy health insurance?

Hahahahaha!
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will not go on government insurance.

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Apparently there are some States that disagree with this and are not going to play this unconstitutional little game of the federal government and hopefully more States will follow suit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100323/ap_on_re_us/us_health_overhaul_lawsuit
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

Good place to stand. I will stand with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

[;)]

Kevin,

Everyone has to pick a hill.
  • Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    i don't really know about buying health insurance. but i do know how to load a box of .223 and .45 acp
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

[;)]

Kevin,

Got room on that hill for one more?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

[;)]

Kevin,

Got room on that hill for one more?

HPD,

Damn right.

You are welcome there at any time.[;)]
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is plenty of room for those willing to stand.[^]
  • Options
    dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make room boys. Im coming too.
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont forget me!!
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

You are a crazy radical and in the real world [of tr fox and Jim Rau] you ought to get a spanking. [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

You are a crazy radical...

Why, thank you Max.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's see now......
    Don't buy health insurance, and you are fined..........[:(]
    Don't pay the fine, and you are going to jail..........[V]
    Go to jail, and you get free health insurance ???????[8)]
    And you'll need it after Bubba is done with you.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by awinds
    Let's see now......
    Don't buy health insurance, and you are fined..........[:(]
    Don't pay the fine, and you are going to jail..........[V]

No thanks. None of the above.

I'm opting out.
  • Options
    krazy4kragskrazy4krags Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy all,

As I understand the new terms of the bill you won't go to jail. Since the IRS has been utilizing e-filing of tax returns and the government has just bought out a bunch of banks, the fine that you don't pay may simply be removed from your bank account before you can say the new revolutionary mantra "no taxation by misrepresentation."

So, I guess we should all stand on that hill with a stuffed mattress.[:D] Besides, I'm not so worried as the new currency that I will be handling when the day comes is lead.

Best Regards!
  • Options
    Mk23Mk23 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I humbly suggest we put those three simple statements on signs, t-shirts, etc.

Put them on doors, fences, wear them.

buildasign.com
    customink.com

et al. It's easy enough to get signage. Just those three statements, in simple bold text.

I WILL NOT GO ON GOVERNMENT INSURANCE

I WILL NOT PAY A FINE

I WILL NOT GO TO PRISON
  • Options
    dthhaldthhal Member Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I will not pay a fine.

I will not go to prison.

Sign me up on that ticket WS!!
    Due to forum rules I cannot honestly express my thoughts on this flagrant psychotic abuse of freedom that was shoved down our throat this week.[:(!][xx(]

10164562711e7d194.gif

obama-health-care3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let me tell you something, nobody goes to jail or prison unless they want to, unless they allow themselves to be apprehended, they apparently don't have things organized, they allow the goons to arrest them, charge them, try them and then incarcerate them and all the while by being cooperative with the government, there are certain insurances against this type of scenario and its called the 2nd Amendment, as the only way they will ever get me is in a body bag.
    What I find preposterous about these situations is that there are some individuals that will incur a stand off and then after a short time they walk out and give themselves up, what is wrong with you people, stand up and fight, because if you are not sure then you shouldn't be involved, but ask yourself this; do you believe in and understand and follow the Constitution and swear to uphold it to the death so help you God, because if you don't then be gone with you, as you have no business pretending and are a waste of time for those that truly do believe.
    And no more stupid hollywood misconceptions about prison, as I have served many years in corrections besides in the police and the military and that belief is incorrect, probably a conspiratorial manipulation derived from the so called "authorities" in order to attempt to keep the masses in line, while there are instances that ungodly behavior is mostly consensual, what the incarcerated really need to be concerned with is either being beaten to death or outright killed.
    Most of us have served/fought in the military under the guise of "serving" our country, well we are actually serving the government and not necessarily "serving" the best interests of our country as it were and I for one am done with that. I serve my country under the Constitution and if the government no longer serves the people of this country then it should be eliminated and one established to replace it, one that follows the Constitution to the letter and never violates it, one that the citizens(that actually belong here) select its leaders, one where the people of this country control the government not the government controlling the people, a Republic.
  • Options
    therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im pissed still, just was too busy to be on since last winter busy now but very mad, I refuse to go along with all this bull sh it paper this di ck heads are signing and pretending they have the ability to enforce. cant arrest everyone, and "fines" are just paper.
    Im on that same hill with you guys like maybe about 30% of the country so we are gonna need a bigger hill.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trying to remember where I either heard or read that the "penalty" or "fine" or whatever they choose to call it is less than it would cost an organization to provide insurance for it's employee's. In that case, they mentioned that the business would just pay the penalty and let the government take on the burden of providing health care for them.

Exactly how the government expects to handle the influx of new teat sucker's isn't clear. They either would have to pay insurance company's to cover the dependent's, or issue a chet to be given to the company of the dependent's choice, or create that imaginary government insurance company to suppliment all of the existing feel good programs that have been initated to date.

The one thing certain is it will be poorly managed, not cost effective, riddled with cheats, .. kind of like social security and medicare is now. On the bright side of the picture though, the money that the government will set aside to pay for healthcare probably will be available for loans and pork like they raided the Social Security funding for.

[:)] Smile ... things could be worse ... [:D] and sure enough they are.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is starting to sound like a stimulus package.
  • Options
    fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    This is starting to sound like a stimulus package.

Probably a whole lot of truth to that statement.

Someone at the local tea party, a physician actually, asked everyone to be especally aware of three words that occur frequently in the new health care law.

Those words, "For Other Purposes" crop up in various funding programs in the bill. She mentioned one was millions to "review" the Medicare/Medicade program and if it isn't doing what they feel it should be, trash it and go to something (government determined) that will be better. More millions to provide "training" for your kids to teach them social skills (shades of the Youth Corps) .. want government in your home telling you how to raise your kids?

There were several more mentioned and they all were to support and provide feel good programs to the cultural and diverse poverty people .. oh yeah, almost forgot .. programs to improve english literacy .. any guess as to who they have in mind.

[?]