In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Rights- RTKABA

cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
I am a believer in the 2nd Amendment as written. I only believe that guns should be restricted from those in jail and those in an insane asylum. That being said, I believe that people that DO break the law should be kept in prison for their entire sentence and sentences should be long enough and at hard labor so people will be DETERRED from commiting those crimes. I believe that the mentally insane should be kept locked up w/ no 1/2 way house choice to be made.

Am I missing something else? Age maybe? I had a .22 pistol at 11 yrs old when I ran my trap line. Any thoughts to add?

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    About the same here coop.

Kids have no rights, until they are 18 in MY book. They are "property" of the parents. Parents dictate what rights they allow their kids.

On the issues you previously stated, I cannot argue. In my view, you are right.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with everything you say. The only caveat I have is that what constitutes a crime needs to be seriously revisited in this country.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    D. All the above.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    D. All the above.
    My answer also.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    , I believe that people that DO break the law should be kept in prison for their entire sentence and sentences should be long enough and at hard labor so people will be DETERRED from commiting those crimes.

I hope I am not quoting out of context, but studies have shown that this is not a deterrent for people committing crimes. Armed citizens are.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    I agree with everything you say. The only caveat I have is that what constitutes a crime needs to be seriously revisited in this country.

You are correct.

Victimless "crimes" should be striken from all the books.
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    , I believe that people that DO break the law should be kept in prison for their entire sentence and sentences should be long enough and at hard labor so people will be DETERRED from commiting those crimes.

I hope I am not quoting out of context, but studies have shown that this is not a deterrent for people committing crimes. Armed citizens are.

Hard Labor is 12 hrs a day w/ a 1/2 hr lunch. Digging ditches. Breaking big rocks into small rocks. Pouring & pulling concrete. Back breaking labor. When I would bring prisoners to Manheim for a 3 month stretch before they were kicked out of the Army, they would beg not to go. Believe that a couple of decades of hard labor would be a great deterrent. Don't have that now. Lets try it and see what happens. This also goes along w/ NO PLEA BARGAINS for reduced sentences. Period.