In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iowa Now A Shall Carry State - A Secret???

BuckskinRiderBuckskinRider Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
On April 29, 2010, Iowa's Governor signed into law SF2379. While the law "ain't perfect," it appears to be substantially better than what we residents' had prior to it's passage. So, that's the "good" news.

Knowing that ANY gun legislation brings out those from both extremes, I was looking forward to seeing what the journalists had to say on the subject. To my surprise, every search engine I utilized showed no news articles about the new law. The closest I came were comments on the seat belt law that was signed the following day.

I try to keep my head looking down the middle of things - to be objective and gather facts - as a result I've held a personal opinion that certain of our news sources (local) were not very unbiased in their reporting. You read something and it's pretty apparent the bias of the writer ... but you can't automatically jump to the conclusion that it's representative of who they work for. Well ... my opinion has changed.

I think rather than report that Iowa's citizenry now has a more transparent system ... the local media has decided don't tell them anything - be completely quiet on the subject (and all the blogging associated with the news articles). I'm dumbfounded.

How many of you - who are obviously more informed than the average Joe regarding such events - were aware that Iowa will be a shall carry State beginning January 1, 2011? How many of you know some of the significant specifics that the legislation has afforded Iowa residents?

I've seen outright lies and deceptions spread through TV, radio and newspapers. But to just say nothing about a law that potentially affects so many ... unbelievable. UNbelievable ...

Comments

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BuckskinRider

Knowing that ANY gun legislation brings out those from both extremes,

There are TWO extremes on this particular subject?! [:0]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Shall "issue"?

Shall "carry" would be perfection.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

Knowing that ANY gun legislation brings out those from both extremes,

There are TWO extremes on this particular subject?! [:0]

Ahhhh ... for and unfor???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Shall "issue"?

Shall "carry" would be perfection.

See what happens when you worry about spelling and grammer! LOL
    Should have been Shall Carry. Thanks for the important correction.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I was considering moving in with Mr. Harper.[:D]
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I knew they were debating the issue(we have other members from there) and it has been hotly contested, but not aware there has been an outcome determined.

You will find that MSM will only report on "news" that is opposing or detrimental to RKBA.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of you - were aware that Iowa will be a shall carry State beginning January 1, 2011? How many of you know some of the significant specifics that the legislation has afforded Iowa residents?

Iowa carry (including the nra) has been discussed in GD by some of us.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=447254