In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NRA HQ Response

2»

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Don
    They are all we have right now. I'm sure you are a man that is intelligent enough to see that. Look at your business and see all the comprises you and everyone in it has to make on a daily basis. A person that sees every thing in black and white won't go far and if you reach way down and think I'm sure you can see there are other colors.
    Rosie:

They are not all that we have right now.

The Cato Institute led the charge for Keller over the objection of the NRA.

The Cato Institute led the charge for McDonald and, IMO, presented properly using Privileges and Immunities. The NRA shouldered their way in after the SCOTUS accepted the case and was hell-bent on watering it down using Due Process, ensuring that 'reasonable' licensing, registration, and regulation (read restrictions) can be implemented.

Cato's lawyer in both these cases is closely tied to the GOA.

The 2nd Amendment Foundation has done yeoman's work in a number of cases up and down the west coast, some of which the NRA has signed onto after the fact and claimed credit.

In all these cases, the goal (not necessarily the result, I admit) has been the elimination of restriction, not the substitution of a softer restriction. This is the uncompromised approach. While it is true that the end result is often compromised by the courts, it is inevitably less compromised when a plaintiff begins from an uncompromised position.

In business, I do have to compromise at times. We never, however, compromise our principles. We turned down work in pre Desert Storm Iraq because we had no interest in blood money. We have (and will continue to) no-bid contracts in Saudi because we are morally opposed to that regime.

My personal opposition to the NRA as a 2nd Amendment organization is that they have participated in the re-definition of the 2nd to a statement of Hunting, Self-protection, and Sporting rights. They specifically ignore the actual reason, as it ruffles the feathers of their friends in Congress and a large portion of their membership.

If they wish to re-cast themselves as a hunting rights group, a shooting sports rights group, and/or a personal protection rights group, I would have no problem with them. It is unconscionable in my mind, however, to support a group that has assumed the mantel of a 2nd Amendment Rights group when they support legislation that is contrary.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball you may be having fun THINKING you can kick me around but truth of the matter is you are not smart enough to even come close. As for 496 this is the kind of policeman I want to protect me? I think not. He is just like you and some others Highball. If you don't think the way he thinks you are wrong. I have as much right to my opinion as as you and anyone else.

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS SO!!

Look at the first amendment. Read it out loud. Now read it again. About 98 more times may get it to sink in but I doubt it. You know it could be that I should be scared highball. You see Hitler wasn't a real smart man but he got a few misguided souls to run around doing back flips and panting like puppies to follow him, (all you highball followers insert your name here) and they grew into a crowd, then a mob and pretty soon they were big enough to take over a whole country. Being sadistic and wanting to see blood flow they started killing. Before they were stopped many many millions of people were killed. Yes I should be scared but for some reason I'm not. So keep calling me names Highball if it makes you feel like a big man. To me it has the opposite effect.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Highball you may be having fun THINKING you can kick me around but truth of the matter is you are not smart enough to even come close. As for 496 this is the kind of policeman I want to protect me? I think not. He is just like you and some others Highball. If you don't think the way he thinks you are wrong. I have as much right to my opinion as as you and anyone else.

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS SO!!

Look at the first amendment. Read it out loud. Now read it again. About 98 more times may get it to sink in but I doubt it. You know it could be that I should be scared highball. You see Hitler wasn't a real smart man but he got a few misguided souls to run around doing back flips and panting like puppies to follow him, (all you highball followers insert your name here) and they grew into a crowd, then a mob and pretty soon they were big enough to take over a whole country. Being sadistic and wanting to see blood flow they started killing. Before they were stopped many many millions of people were killed. Yes I should be scared but for some reason I'm not. So keep calling me names Highball if it makes you feel like a big man. To me it has the opposite effect.

Here it is, in a simple form (if you can understand), why I can't stand your kind......

You HAVE the right to your OPINION. You DON'T have the RIGHT to TRAMPLE MY LIBERTIES. Neither by your own efforts, nor by proxy. IF you support the NRA, you support the destruction of the constitution. You ARE an ENEMY of the country. Your kind are no differnt that the progressives that seek to destroy our nation. You are ALL doing your part to assure the destrution of this nation.

There is an AMENDMENT process to CHANGE the constitution. Yellowbellies can't stand the fight of it. Instead of being OPEN and forthright, your type chooses to slink like a SNAKE in the grass.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    There you go, Rosie.

A Free Man spoke his piece..Freemind explained very well how very wrong you are.

Just to emphasis...the Bill of Rights are NOT OPINIONS...they are Rights accorded me by God. People like you DON'T GET TO CHANGE THEM..without going thru the process.

It is YOU AND YOURS that are emulating Hitler...not I.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No. All he said was if I didn't agree with him I am wrong. Thats the same thing you have been saying all along. Damn those puppies are loud! [:D][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No. All he said was if I didn't agree with him I am wrong. Thats the same thing you have been saying all along. Damn those puppies are loud! [:D][^]

Reading comprehension a lacking skill for you eh?

Oh well, you are a NRA supporter/cheerleader. It is what I have come to expect from you. Oh well. It is your grandkids that you choose to enslave with your "opinions". Maybe they will get an extra helping of soylent green someday.....
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I don't give a thin dasnm if ANYBODY agree with me. I desire for them to agree that the Constitution..specifically, the Bill of Rights...MEANS WHAT IT SAYS !!

You are PERFECTLY welcome to disagree with the ideology of it...just as I am free to call you what you are for doing so.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But Highball! I wanna be on the winning side!

That ought to keep your old heart pumping for a week or two. If it starts to beat slow start another anti NRA thread and I will jump right in. [:D]

I AM THE NRA!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But Highball! I wanna be on the winning side!

That ought to keep your old heart pumping for a week or two. If it starts to beat slow start another anti NRA thread and I will jump right in. [:D]

I AM THE Not Rational At all!
    Yep, you certainly are, Rosie.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1

Damn, are you deaf *******?
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Here's how it breaks down for me:

Either it's bad for us or it isn't. If it's bad and the NRA thinks so, why did they settle for an "exemption"? And it they are exempt, why aren't all of us?

This is why I'm never a life member of any organization like the NRA. This is also my personal tipping point with the NRA. It stinks to high heaven, in my opinion, and I'm done with them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Here's how it breaks down for me:

Either it's bad for us or it isn't. If it's bad and the NRA thinks so, why did they settle for an "exemption"? And it they are exempt, why aren't all of us?

This is why I'm never a life member of any organization like the NRA. This is also my personal tipping point with the NRA. It stinks to high heaven, in my opinion, and I'm done with them.
    Well-reasoned and appropriate.

Welcome to NRA enlightenment, Colonel.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    This is also my personal tipping point with the NRA. It stinks to high heaven, in my opinion, and I'm done with them.
    I will echo lt496.
    Welcome aboard. [;)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    All of this crap don't mean diddly squat anymore.
    The poop storm is coming and you better hold your arms close !

Great to see you post Forester!! Glad your business is taking hold, and your post is spot on BTW.