In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Constitutional Advocates

cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
Funny that a need exists to ADVOCATE the US Constitution. Actually, not funny at all. Sad really. There was a time when the BOR and The Constitution were required learning in the classroom. You were tested and graded on your knowledge of those documents. No more. The sheer numbers of people out there that have NEVER read either document is staggering. Many of the uninformed, unwashed masses, when asked about rights, would deny those same rights if there was a vote.

My grandparents could quote the BOR and speak intelligently on their meaning and importance. I grew up believing that the sacrifices made by our founding fathers actually meant something. It was not something to be debated. The words in those documents had meaning and power.

We have recently seen a bit of a shift by a few states. The 10th Amendment has become important "again". Some states have said that no longer will they be held hostage or blackmailed by the Feds. I say more power to 'em. Hope they take it as far as they can and then some.

With the number of problems facing us today, the Federal Government still manages to stand out as the number one problem of American citizens. Elitist in Washington DC who have no clue what the average American is thinking or needing in everyday life. Legislators who fail to enforce the very laws that are on the books now and routinely ignore the constitution.

Maybe we can do better the 2nd time around.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My mother was not one to talk about these subjects.

She is a life long democrat, and liberal leaning.

School never was too concerned with this subject matter either.

I was on my own to find right from wrong. The truth from the "mis-speak".

I did not form my stances on "what I wanted" or "my opinion".
    My stances are based in FACTS and intellegent thoughts. I took my time reflecting and forming my ideas, once the truth came to light for me.

What is right and just, is just that. What is backwards and wrong, is just that too. I tend to lump most anything in "black and white", as I don't see much grey.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I tend to lump most anything in "black and white", as I don't see much grey"

+1000[;)]
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back to essentials and basics like the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence should be educational requirement always.
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grey area is where politics thrive. They have to have it. They create it then, exploit it.
    edited November -1
    I really believe t hat things are going to get a lot worse before it will get better. So many damn politicians with their hands out and in OUR pockets these days. Not one of them has the stones to stand up and call out the traitors.[}:)]

There will be blood.[:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    I really believe t hat things are going to get a lot worse before it will get better. So many damn politicians with their hands out and in OUR pockets these days. Not one of them has the stones to stand up and call out the traitors.[}:)]

Well.... Your right cooper. They are evil creatures (the politicians). One must ask themselves though, why we keep having this reoccuring problem. If we are to blame for re-electing them, we can't keep complaining about their actions.

When we elect new members, and they pull the same crap, we MUST remove them from office. As it stands, we all can gripe with the best of them, but the gist comes down to people (citizens) getting organized. It is going to take more than the canary * and those like us. It is going to take everyone to get off their duff and practice what they preach.

We seem to have many people all over these boards that complain about the status quo and rail about how they stand for the constitution as written. Well then, those folks need to get off their duffs and start making moves to prove it. If people REALLY belive that things will change without bloodshed, then they need to start taking their duties as a citizen and as a patriot serious. If things keep going the way it has been, yes cooper, there WILL be blood.

Black and white.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Well.... Your right cooper. They are evil creatures (the politicians). One must ask themselves though, why we keep having this reoccuring problem. If we are to blame for re-electing them, we can't keep complaining about their actions.

When we elect new members, and they pull the same crap, we MUST remove them from office. As it stands, we all can gripe with the best of them, but the gist comes down to people (citizens) getting organized. It is going to take more than the canary * and those like us. It is going to take everyone to get off their duff and practice what they preach.

We seem to have many people all over these boards that complain about the status quo and rail about how they stand for the constitution as written. Well then, those folks need to get off their duffs and start making moves to prove it. If people REALLY belive that things will change without bloodshed, then they need to start taking their duties as a citizen and as a patriot serious. If things keep going the way it has been, yes cooper, there WILL be blood.

Black and white.

At this point, I believe that the only way to institute change will be AFTER the collapse. At this point the carreer politicians and their cronies and their lobbyists are too firmly entrenched in the current system. Routine channels will no longer work. It will only be made whole again during the recovery/rebuilding process. And by that, I mean when the decisions that have been made (to our detriment) have come home to roost and the economy/govt. collapses because the programs and spending are unsustainable, then AFTER the SHTF and we lose about a 1/4 of the population or more then and only then can we attempt to ressurrect what our founding fathers had in mind when they penned the constitution.

Not only will there be blood, there may HAVE to be blood for us to have a chance.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Black and white.

At this point, I believe that the only way to institute change will be AFTER the collapse. At this point the carreer politicians and their cronies and their lobbyists are too firmly entrenched in the current system. Routine channels will no longer work. It will only be made whole again during the recovery/rebuilding process. And by that, I mean when the decisions that have been made (to our detriment) have come home to roost and the economy/govt. collapses because the programs and spending are unsustainable, then AFTER the SHTF and we lose about a 1/4 of the population or more then and only then can we attempt to ressurrect what our founding fathers had in mind when they penned the constitution.

Not only will there be blood, there may HAVE to be blood for us to have a chance.

I won't disagree, that what you are saying is what WILL come to pass.

There is a very real option that this country COULD be turned back around. It isn't going to happen however. Too many people sucking on the government teat.
    Too many people that don't think for themselves.
    Too many people that are not self sufficient.
    Too many people with huge expectations of material "stuff", rather than an eye on what matters. Namely freedom.

I was not saying you were wrong Coop, I was just rambling I gather.

We live in an era of "ony crooks suceed". [V]
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good posts above.

I think there are too many people who cannot survive or are unwilling to survive without the govt. teat. Just like normal(non fed reserve, govt regulation caused) economic equalization(downturn usually), the fat, waste, excess must be shed. Nature says any system must have balance. Whether that be an ecosystem, an economic system, or a societal system. Unfortunately the shedding of that excess and return to balance will be ugly. When the pendulum swings the other way many will not be able to comprehend how far from balance we have travelled.

Predators increase in numbers, resources become scarce and species struggle to survive. Look to nature as an example. When the herd becomes too large for the food resources to sustain, birth rates decline, predators begin to flourish, deer(for example) begin to starve. After a time the herd is brought back into balance. It is a vicious cycle. But it is what comes natural.

There would appear to be many similarities in our own society. Especially when you take into account that we as a society have artificially stretched our systems beyond the normal.

Think about it and you can see many parallels.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    Good posts above.

I think there are too many people who cannot survive or are unwilling to survive without the govt. teat. Just like normal(non fed reserve, govt regulation caused) economic equalization(downturn usually), the fat, waste, excess must be shed. Nature says any system must have balance. Whether that be an ecosystem, an economic system, or a societal system. Unfortunately the shedding of that excess and return to balance will be ugly. When the pendulum swings the other way many will not be able to comprehend how far from balance we have travelled.

Predators increase in numbers, resources become scarce and species struggle to survive. Look to nature as an example. When the herd becomes too large for the food resources to sustain, birth rates decline, predators begin to flourish, deer(for example) begin to starve. After a time the herd is brought back into balance. It is a vicious cycle. But it is what comes natural.

There would appear to be many similarities in our own society. Especially when you take into account that we as a society have artificially stretched our systems beyond the normal.

Think about it and you can see many parallels.

Similar idea that the money supply from tax revenue is finite. The entitlement programs have expanded way beyond the normal carrying capacity. Collapse is on the horizon. The math is very straightforward.

We are doomed.[:(!]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Not a thing to disagree with on all the postings above.
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever studied the Amendments and found out that they never should have been ratified? Lots of crap in there now.

Also, the 28th has not been mentioned for some time. Any chance at that ever happening?

Anyone???
  • djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only there were some way we could convince the politicians that they could get elected for doing the right thing for the nation.

[/quote]

Black and white.
    [/quote]

[/quote]