In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

An FFL who gets it

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
From a thread in 'Ask the Experts'

mark christian

Bulgaria
11561 Posts
Posted - 09/02/2010 : 7:10:12 PM

You'll make it through the 4473. If you are really nervous about being confused with someone else then be sure to include you Social Security Number on Line 8 of the 4473. It is totally optional and the form will be processed without it (which is why virtually no ever includes their SSN) but it should put your mind at ease.

I very seldom ever get up on the soapbox here but my feelings are that going through with the dealer transfer when there is no reason for it only encourages anti gunners to make it mandatory for everyone. They simply read this thread and say "Look, here are two guys who are nervous, they want to be sure that everything is on the up and up and are willing to go through a dealer and have the background check performed even when they don't have to. Since "honest" gun buyers are willing to do it even if they don't ahve to then why not make it mandatory for everyone"? Before you know it they have closed John McCain's "Gun Show Loophole" and pretty soon everyone is forced to run down to dealers every time they want to buy or sell a gun. I think it is bad policy.

I am now off the soapbox.

Thank you, Mark.

A right, like a muscle, atrophies when not used.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments