In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CBS News Notes Man Defended Home with AK-47

Peter SuciuPeter Suciu Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
As a long-time freelance journalist I know that you need a snazzy headline to get the readers' attention. But I think CBS News went too far this time. They noted that a man was arrested for "defending home with an AK-47." Then the lead photo for the story is a line of AK-47s (not his btw but a stock photo). Only at the end does it say, "the gun was legally owned and no charges will be filed."

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/cbs-headline-notes-man-arrested…-ak-47-but-fails-to-note-charges-not-filed

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats how they sell add space.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This time?

When does CBS report anything that ISN'T slanted to their agenda?

Seriously, it is damn near impossible to get "news" that is just the facts, and not reported to fit a particualr agenda.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, I'm surprised that they reported the story at all. After all, the firearm was legally owned and was used to legally defend the owner AND,(here's the big one), and "asault"weapon was used for DEFENCE.