In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?Firearms in Commerce: Assessing Need for Reform

MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
It is coming. But, then again, we have known that for years.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=4771

Comments

• Options
    BlackPowderJamBlackPowderJam Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to know what there going to talk about or better yet what is really on there to do list. The chairman is from my state and I don't understand why they keep voting him in, but I do consider this state a total loss.
  • Options
    BlackPowderJamBlackPowderJam Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well as you know this was postponed, and from what I understand they were going to have a hearing on the S.941 legislation. This may not be the case as there is little info on what was really on the table.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Has there ever been been any doubt that the federal gov't fully intends to eventually bar civilians from being able to keep and bear arms, really?

We will be privileged to have the ability to own heavily regulated and controlled shotguns, rimfires and select other firearms, with specific provisions on where and how they must be stored and where and how one is privileged to use them.

The path has been clear for many decades. Knowing there is a path, the end-goal is not difficult to ascertain.

Collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism.

Are you prepared for what is certainly coming?
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    C'mon Captain, you're over reacting! Any sane person knows the need for some common sense gun laws, just ask some of the more "select".....ahem......members.....on these boards.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    C'mon Captain, you're over reacting! Any sane person knows the need for some common sense gun laws, just ask some of the more "select".....ahem......members.....on these boards.
    [;)]Amen, Brother HPD, Amen...
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If certain blowhards in DC did not have this mindless stuff to play with. They might have to take on real issues like. Energy policys, wall street reforms and the hard things to legislate.
  • Options
    bob123bob123 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do they think "shall not be infringed means"? If they want "common sense" gun laws, then amend the constitution. Until then, anybody should be able to walk in a store and buy machine guns, tanks, artillery, bombers, and thermonuclear ICBMs without government permission.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Perhaps one who believes that "government permission" should be a requirement to purchase anything at all would be more at home in China.