In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iowa's New Right to Carry Law

Stevan1Stevan1 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
Iowans, remember that January 1, 2011 is the effective date we all are
allowed our full 2nd Amendment Rights. Those of you whom have to attend an NRA or approved Firearms Safety Course, get your courses scheduled.

All ex-military people with an honorable discharge, only need to show your DD214 to the County Sheriff's Office and get a permit for free!
Be ready for January 1, 2011.

Iowa now will have one of if not the most liberal set gun laws.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Iowa joins Arizona, Alaska, and Vermont, in recognizing the 2nd Amendment means NO PERMIT REQUIRED, for concealed carry, THEN there will be something to be proud of.

As long as ANY permit is required (free or not) it is still GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED.....PERMISSION, which can be revoked whenever it suits their fancy.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Stevan1
    allowed our full 2nd Amendment Rights. Those of you whom have to attend an NRA or approved Firearms Safety Course, get your courses scheduled.
    This statement is so full of babooney I don't even know where to start.

quote:Iowa now will have one of if not the most liberal set gun laws.
    Hardly.
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    It may not be the best but it will be a lot better than most states.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    This statement is so full of babooney I don't even know where to start.

Your comment is so pity-full it hardly justifies a response. But I will anyway. What's your name again? HORSE CRAP or Patooty. Some thing like that, no matter. Your nothing more than some poor jerk living in your mothers basement and sending out messages to forums. What a sad life you must live.

Anyway, we went from nothing in Iowa to a lot of improvement lately.

quote:Iowa now will have one of if not the most liberal set gun laws.
    Hardly.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    allowed our full 2nd Amendment Rights.

Good god.

'Privileges'; they're faaan-tastic.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote: Originally posted by Stevan1
    allowed(oxymoron) our full 2nd Amendment Rights. (Another oxymoron coming up*) Those of you whom *have to attend an NRA (Gee, I'm going out on a limb and guessing the Govt approved defender of RKBA helped write this law. Waddya think? Nahhhhh) or approved Firearms Safety Course, get your courses scheduled.

All ex-military people with an honorable discharge, only need to show your DD214 to the County Sheriff's Office and get a permit for free!

Iowa now will have one of if not the most liberal set gun laws. Didn't you just get through saying Iowans would have there FULL 2nd amendment rights?

You don't even have a clue what full "Rights" means. Look up the definition of that word, then follow by reading the simple text in amendment 2. I'm sure an astute fella like you will see the flaws in your previous statements and pick up this terse re-education rather quickly. Silly.[;)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote: Originally posted by Stevan1
    allowed(oxymoron) our full 2nd Amendment Rights. (Another oxymoron coming up) Those of you whom have to attend an NRA (Gee, I'm going out on a limb and guessing the Govt approved defender of RKBA helped write this law. Waddya think? Nahhhhh) or approved Firearms Safety Course, get your courses scheduled.

Iowa now will have one of if not the most liberal set gun laws. Didn't you just get through saying Iowans would have there FULL 2nd amendment rights?

You don't even have a clue what full "Rights" means. Look up the definition of that word, then follow by reading the simple text in amendment 2. I'm sure an astute fella like you will see the flaws in your previous statements and pick up this terse re-education rather quickly. Silly.[;)][:)]
    Yes, I do not pretend to be a lawyer. But, we made big strides forward. What did you do this year in your state. Oh yes, I forgot, nothing except to criticize the rest of us. You kids sit home in your mother's basement apartments rent free in front of your computer and try to convince your elders that you have some sort of intelligence. I'm quite sure an astute child like you will eventually grow up and leave your Mother's basement in a few years and learn to be a man. At least I sure hope you will develop that far along! I truly do! Waddya think? Nahhhhhhh. You never will.

Oh, and by the way you are personally the third best oxymoran Horses
    Collar, Face, ---, Tail, and other anatomies that I have encountered on this anti-gun forum!

Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is attacking me with zero basis of knowledge going to help you cover your * back up? It only makes you look worse compadre. Now, you can either do what I did some 7 years ago when I blew in here with my big mouth just like you which was to listen to the undeniable facts placed in fromnt of me and admit I was wrong and apologize, or you can blow right back out of here because we aren't interested in gun controllers incorrect belief systems around here. Your choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    P.S> I don't find fault with doing what you have to to stay out of jail, but that's a far cry from passing off a privilege as though it's a right. You can piss on someone's leg, and tell 'em it's raining, but someone someday is going to call you on it. It's that day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is attacking me with zero basis of knowledge going to help you cover your * back up? It only makes you look worse compadre. Now, you can either do what I did some 7 years ago when I blew in here with my big mouth just like you which was to listen to the undeniable facts placed in fromnt of me and admit I was wrong and apologize, or you can blow right back out of here because we aren't interested in gun controllers incorrect belief systems around here. Your choice.
    It's really very, very easy. You stated you blew in with a big mouth. Yea, I imagine you acted like a dick head. Well, I did not. Horse tooth, horse head or face or what ever blew his uneducated, undiplomatic, uncouth, and otherwise bad assed mannered mouth pointed at me. OK, he was wrong to do so and you and another decided on your own as big kids to just go along for the kill on this guy. That's you guys problem, cause I am not that new to your BS. Nor do I have to take it.

So, I won't blow out of here until I am ready to. So, why don't you go sit on the stool and BLOW IT OUT your backside Mister GUN CONTROLLER, which you guys really are as you try to piss everyone off and turn people against each other!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been trying to have a discussion with you one-on-one. Have not heard from HPD in awhile nor do I remember what he said that got you into a tizzy, nor do I care. What he says has nothing to do with my conversation with someone else, fair enough? You're the one attacking me with your "what have you done in your state this year" BS. You need an atta boy? okay, WTG Steve, you got the privilege to keep and bear arms with the govt's permission codified into law in IA. Congratulations. Like I said, don't blame you for doing what you have to, to stay out of jail, just be real. Nevermind.

I believe I will take your advice. gun contgroller? WTH, I'm not the one who wants NCIC BS, whatever. G'night[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been trying to have a discussion with you one-on-one. Have not heard from HPD in awhile nor do I remember what he said that got you into a tizzy, nor do I care. What he says has nothing to do with my conversation with someone else, fair enough? You're the one attacking me with your "what have you done in your state this year" BS. You need an atta boy? okay, WTG Steve, you got the privilege to keep and bear arms with the govt's permission codified into law in IA. Congratulations. Like I said, don't blame you for doing what you have to, to stay out of jail, just be real. Nevermind.

I believe I will take your advice. gun contgroller? WTH, I'm not the one who wants NCIC BS, whatever. G'night[^]
    Ok, next time someone posts, be careful and think before commenting to them.There are many ways to communicate. Now, I did not Attack on the what you did for your state. Did not mean too. However, it was my response to your and other's comments about Iowa's gains were not a victory. Stated by Horse Ever and a Moderator here and even you supported. Ok, we won a battle and not the entire war. So, what happens here, severe and unfair comments. I want the County Offices flooded by applicants and this forum is obviously against it in all verbal respects. And yes, I will most certainly be talking to GunBrokers about this subject and the Moderator involved also. Count on it! I am sure that GunBrokers and FFL Dealers using them absolutely do not support a 100% victory or nothing attitude on our subject. We have to get everyone on a page to work togeather on.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since someone can not be CIVIL, I'll lock this for review.